• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

I dont think I've ever seem such a high profile player actually wipe money off his potential transfer fee with each and every game he plays. If he keeps missing sitters like Burnley his value will be a bag of chips and a coke.

There are two reasons for me still wanting Soldado to stay, firstly he clearly wants to score and tries, secondly he was a good finisher for years in Spain, I hope that comes back.

Oh, 3rd point, he is a very likeable character for me.

There are two reasons for me still wanting Soldado to stay, firstly he clearly wants to score and tries, secondly he was a good finisher for years in Spain, I hope that comes back.

This for me too.

I am probably one of the very few that actually does believe he will still turn it around at Tottenham

loved that even after his miss, fans showed their love for him, just a likeable guy who always tries to do his best.

Maybe in the end thats all we really want as fans,,,players that give a ****.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

loved that even after his miss, fans showed their love for him, just a likeable guy who always tries to do his best.

Maybe in the end thats all we really want as fans,,,players that give a ****.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

This and this.....I think if he is still hear come February the 3rd, he'll form a deadly partnership with Kane in the latter part of the season....

I dont think I've ever seem such a high profile player actually wipe money off his potential transfer fee with each and every game he plays. If he keeps missing sitters like Burnley his value will be a bag of chips and a coke.

Have you not heard of a Fernando Torres? ;)

his confidence is shot..:( i really, really hope he turns it around..

Many people do. Which is rare in this day and age when someone comes with such a high price tag. His work rate and obvious skills endear him to us. Come on Bobby, you can do it!

I want him to succeed as much as anyone but the poor guy is a broken man. He is shot to pieces and the longer it goes the worse it will be for him. We have to sell or loan him in this window. For our benefit as much as his. Being a nice guy wont get us the goals we need if Kane gets injured. Sorry but he has to go.

I have the same feelings I had with Martin Jol's sacking, gutted because I loved the guy (wish MJ was my dad) but he had to go for the good of the club. Robbie as hard as he try's isn't doing or going to turn it around with us. I wud love to be proved wrong but I know it won't happen.

I want him to succeed as much as anyone but the poor guy is a broken man. He is shot to pieces and the longer it goes the worse it will be for him. We have to sell or loan him in this window. For our benefit as much as his. Being a nice guy wont get us the goals we need if Kane gets injured. Sorry but he has to go.

We need a large and settled squad given the comps we're currently still in. And importantly a squad that knows each other and is (in Bobby's case) behind each other. To ship him out now could just send out the wrong message and to be perfectly honest, who do you expect we can feasibly bring in that will be happy to play second fiddle to Kane, but still be the level we need when called upon??

As a club we're still in that horrible position of knowing that if a real top class player that will push us to next level becomes available, it's likely the moneybags of Chel53a / City / United and now Arsenal and even Liverpool will come sniffing around.
If they don't, we fans question whether the player is actually good enough to improve our squad.

I vote StickWithBobby.

We need a large and settled squad given the comps we're currently still in. And importantly a squad that knows each other and is (in Bobby's case) behind each other. To ship him out now could just send out the wrong message and to be perfectly honest, who do you expect we can feasibly bring in that will be happy to play second fiddle to Kane, but still be the level we need when called upon??

As a club we're still in that horrible position of knowing that if a real top class player that will push us to next level becomes available, it's likely the moneybags of Chel53a / City / United and now Arsenal and even Liverpool will come sniffing around.
If they don't, we fans question whether the player is actually good enough to improve our squad.

I vote StickWithBobby.

You know what, I'd be tempted to start him tomorrow with Kane in behind, then 2 of Eriksen, Chadders or Andros notionally wide.

Say to him that despite the miss, he affected the midweek game positively so he gets another go. See what that does for his belief, and if there's a defence that gifts chances, it's Sunderland.

This is a guy who clearly knows how to score goals, as he has proven in the past. He still gets himself into plenty scoring positions, yet all of a sudden he's stopped scoring from them.

It's baffling, really, because it's not like he has failed completely to adapt to the PL, he just doesn't hit the target anywhere close to good enough. While I hope he can still be a success at Spurs, it's now been a season and a half and he still doesn't look anything like the top goalscorer we thought we'd signed. I like his overall play though, and he gets a fair few assists, but he needs to start converting those big chances.

I think he should be more compared with Forlan than Torres

Forlan was clearly very talented, who just didn't get the rub of the green, but then went on to show his quality elsewhere. Torres however was always limited and just got found out (i.e. that it was Gerrard making him look good at Liverpool)

Last edited:
Back