• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

I've pretty much lost patience with him but yesterday he had to take a touch. The ball arrived hip heigh, was spinning horribly, (hence the direction the ball went after it came off of his hip) & then he put it it in.

**** me .. the guy misses = he's ****

The guy scores = we have to prove he fluked it? or got lucky?

Personally I hope he gets lucky another 15 times for the season

I have been about as critical as anyone with regards to Soldado and I don't think he has a future with our club BUT some of this criticism is over the top. Was it a 30 yard belter? No but the lad has been struggling and he scored that is what is important. Anyone being rational can see he has been **** for us but it's in his and our best interest if he can start scoring again so at least let's get behind him especially after he manages to find the back of the net.

I'm not shy in my expressing my opinion that Soldado isn't good enough to be playing for us, but I don't think he could be criticised for his cameo appearance last night. He got a chance and stuck the ball in the net. Whether he did that in a conventional / skillfull / lucky / clever way is immaterial really and completely open to interpretation.

I think I am being harsh on him. But I also think it is indicitive of one of the reasons I have lost all faith in him. I watch him expecting him to miss, and most of the time he does. So when he does actually score im not impressed. Saying that I do think a better or more confident striker might have hit that first time, but maybe again others are right. He knew he had time so took it.

but 3 goals in open play into his second season just makes it hard for me to believe anyone still feels he is going to turn it around. I think Rebrov had something like 12 league goals his first season and people were on him like hounds. So im amazed anyone has any belief left in Bobby Soldier.

Well, from my point of view, he doesn't score frequently and doesnn't seem that he will do. However, he helps us in organization. So till we have some one score and connect, he should play.

Boils down to the root of the problem he isn't good enough but we have no other options at least until Ade sorts himself out. As many of us have mentioned it is clear we need to buy a striker or probably two in January. Think of worst case scenario, what would we do if Kane actually got injured? We would be absolutely fooked

Boils down to the root of the problem he isn't good enough but we have no other options at least until Ade sorts himself out. As many of us have mentioned it is clear we need to buy a striker or probably two in January. Think of worst case scenario, what would we do if Kane actually got injured? We would be absolutely fooked

Just as if he hadn't 'came on' like he has this season, too. I debated in here over the summer (with GB I think?) that we would need more at striker than Kane, Soldado and Ade but I think the counter point (back then at least, and it may have been valid) was that we didn't have room in the squad.

By the way, where is Kingdawson these days? Enjoyed his input.

Last edited:
It's good he got a a few goals recently but I think he needs to follow this up with a few more goals in the next few matches or it won't build any confidence whatsoever. Bobby is in a bad place, striker hell, where he shanks half of his shots and nothing seems to fall easy for him. Pulling a shot left (for a right footer) is a tell tale sign of someone trying to force it. He's not striking through the middle of the ball a lot of the time and all the practice in the world won't fix it. The only cure is confidence that comes with lots of goals. Fingers crossed.

Give him his dues, he scored one, possibly should have scored two.

Is the answer? No. Will any centre half who sees his name on the team sheet worry? No they will rejoice. But he plays for us so when he scores, don't pick holes in it ffs

Give him his dues, he scored one, possibly should have scored two.

Is the answer? No. Will any centre half who sees his name on the team sheet worry? No they will rejoice. But he plays for us so when he scores, don't pick holes in it ffs

Even the supposedly positive posts are full of digs at him. This place.....

Even the supposedly positive posts are full of digs at him. This place.....

Well to be fair he is our record signing and he's been a huge flop he has better support from our fans than probably any other player in the history of football that has underwhelmed like e has.

Roberto Soldado has revealed that the Tottenham fans’ support for him has made him feel embarrassed about his performances.

Soldado joined Spurs for £26million in the summer of 2013 but has been a huge disappointment until now, scoring seven goals in 38 league appearances, including only one in the Premier League this season.

Despite those below-par displays, the White Hart Lane crowd have remained firmly behind Soldado – but the Spain international forward has admitted their backing has made him feel even worse about his own form.

“From the first minute I’m involved, even before I’ve done anything, the fans show they believe in me, and I feel ashamed at not being able to satisfy them,” said Soldado. “It’s hard when they sing.

“I hear them chanting my name and if I miss a chance, I feel bad. I can’t thank them enough. I just hope I can reach the level they expect and I just need to take advantage of the great players around me.

“If only I knew that little something that’s missing for me to find my form, really show my game and for the goals to start flowing. I am reassured, though, because the manager (Mauricio Pochettino) is giving me more minutes on the pitch.

“With that, my time will come, because in the games I’m feeling good. The critical thing is that the goals aren’t coming but I know they will, because I’m working really hard for the team, and that is important.”

Tottenham face Burnley at White Hart Lane in the Premier League on Saturday. They will be strong favourites, especially after the 4-0 win over Saudi Sportswashing Machine that set up a Capital One Cup semi-final against Sheffield United, but it is exactly the kind of fixture that has troubled Spurs this season.

Pochettino’s side have lost four times in the league in front of their own fans and if they cannot overcome Burnley, the momentum built from wins over Swansea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be lost.

Soldado will be confident about returning to the side after scoring as a substitute against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. He believes Spurs are approaching top form and, if they reach it, he expects them to finish in the top four and qualify for next season’s Champions League.

“We’re improving all the time but if we’re being realistic, we’re not playing to our potential yet,” the 29-year-old told Sky Sports’ Barclays Premier League World programme. “There is room to do better and if we can, we can finish in the top four.

“Mauricio Pochettino wants a very attack-minded team. He wants us to have the ball and hurt our opponents, which is good for strikers and all attacking players. He wants the strikers to be very mobile and push forward, so the midfield can come in and score goals.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-fans-loyalty-leaves-roberto-soldado-ashamed-about-performances-9934962.html

Roberto Soldado has revealed that the Tottenham fans’ support for him has made him feel embarrassed about his performances.

Soldado joined Spurs for £26million in the summer of 2013 but has been a huge disappointment until now, scoring seven goals in 38 league appearances, including only one in the Premier League this season.

Despite those below-par displays, the White Hart Lane crowd have remained firmly behind Soldado – but the Spain international forward has admitted their backing has made him feel even worse about his own form.

“From the first minute I’m involved, even before I’ve done anything, the fans show they believe in me, and I feel ashamed at not being able to satisfy them,” said Soldado. “It’s hard when they sing.

“I hear them chanting my name and if I miss a chance, I feel bad. I can’t thank them enough. I just hope I can reach the level they expect and I just need to take advantage of the great players around me.

“If only I knew that little something that’s missing for me to find my form, really show my game and for the goals to start flowing. I am reassured, though, because the manager (Mauricio Pochettino) is giving me more minutes on the pitch.

“With that, my time will come, because in the games I’m feeling good. The critical thing is that the goals aren’t coming but I know they will, because I’m working really hard for the team, and that is important.”

Tottenham face Burnley at White Hart Lane in the Premier League on Saturday. They will be strong favourites, especially after the 4-0 win over Saudi Sportswashing Machine that set up a Capital One Cup semi-final against Sheffield United, but it is exactly the kind of fixture that has troubled Spurs this season.

Pochettino’s side have lost four times in the league in front of their own fans and if they cannot overcome Burnley, the momentum built from wins over Swansea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be lost.

Soldado will be confident about returning to the side after scoring as a substitute against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. He believes Spurs are approaching top form and, if they reach it, he expects them to finish in the top four and qualify for next season’s Champions League.

“We’re improving all the time but if we’re being realistic, we’re not playing to our potential yet,” the 29-year-old told Sky Sports’ Barclays Premier League World programme. “There is room to do better and if we can, we can finish in the top four.

“Mauricio Pochettino wants a very attack-minded team. He wants us to have the ball and hurt our opponents, which is good for strikers and all attacking players. He wants the strikers to be very mobile and push forward, so the midfield can come in and score goals.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-fans-loyalty-leaves-roberto-soldado-ashamed-about-performances-9934962.html

This is the bit for me why I'd have him playing up top. Of course we'd all like him to be chipping in with more goals, but his all round play links up well with with those behind him and he definitely helps create chances for those around him.

Not making excuses, he needs to score more but he's far from a waste of space....

Back