• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

The silence is deafening around this bloke at the moment. I am optimistically hoping some club from Spain or Italy come in with a bid for him I think it would be a blessing for him and us. He can move on and try to find his feet somewhere else and we would then be forced to sign an adequate striker to replace him. I just cannot see how we can go the rest of the season with just Kane as a viable striking option.

Heard this song priceless

Soldado WOOAH, Soldado WOOOAH, He came from sunny Spain to train with Harry Kane

Last edited:
I find it annoying tat Poch drops him the game after scoring every time... Awful management in my opinion for what is blatantly a confidence player!

Personally i think currently Soldado has to play, I think his general linkup play is really good, and would support the three behind far far more than Kane

What a difference a fortnight makes....

I feel I have to be fair here and say WTF man, turning your back on a free kick you complete lemon. It you cannot face the shot then just FCUK off. Adebayor did this last year and it was unacceptable when he did it.

Got two assists tonight.

When is he gonna start scoring? It's not like Rasiak whereby his all round game is utterly sh!t and he looks out of his depth in the PL, it's just his finishing. Tonight really summed it up.

The funny thing is most top clubs in Europe would snap him up in a heartbeat, you can take away confidence but not ability and in the latter he has LOADS of it. Sadly the day we signed him gut feeling just said it wouldn't work out :(

Please GHod, or anyone for that matter, let him get a lucky break.

this has to be his super low point in the game, can't see it getting worse.

i do think that with soldado you need to play him regularly for the team to get used to what he does on the pitch - getting into unexpected positions and playing that tricky ball. a matter of getting an understanding going.

this has to be his super low point in the game, can't see it getting worse.

i do think that with soldado you need to play him regularly for the team to get used to what he does on the pitch - getting into unexpected positions and playing that tricky ball. a matter of getting an understanding going.

Never seen more excuses made for a player.

Did I actually read that he should be used as a right winger? Bloody hell this is scraping the barrel.

Decent all round game at times but in the final 3rd it makes me sick to even think of the money we have thrown down the drain on this guy

If you could sum up soldado's time with is it would be that sentence!

Except he's a striker so missing sitters he can't have good games if we had lost by a goal would've been a different story. It's also why we can't afford to start him in league games because if we only get a few good chances and they fall to him we are ****ed

The funny thing is most top clubs in Europe would snap him up in a heartbeat, you can take away confidence but not ability and in the latter he has LOADS of it. Sadly the day we signed him gut feeling just said it wouldn't work out :(

Please GHod, or anyone for that matter, let him get a lucky break.

Many said similar things about Torres, who, despite having obvious talent, had a precipitous fall from grace from which he has never recovered.

Two assists from Soldado last night.

Obviously, he should also have scored but as long as he's contributing to the team I'd be inclined to keep him.

Two assists from Soldado last night.

Obviously, he should also have scored but as long as he's contributing to the team I'd be inclined to keep him.

we can get assists aplenty what we need are goals and Soldado hasn't done that.

If we're really going to be be picky the first "assist" wasn't one, he did not intentionally flick it to Paulinho and he was also the person who jumped, turned his back and flailed an arm that made the freekick deflect into OUR goal.

If we're really going to be be picky the first "assist" wasn't one, he did not intentionally flick it to Paulinho and he was also the person who jumped, turned his back and flailed an arm that made the freekick deflect into OUR goal.

If he gets an assist, surely that means we've scored?

Seems to me Soldado is not an instinctive finisher. If he has to quickly react, he invariably fluffs up. When he has time to steady himself and measure the finish, he seems to score more often than not. He is a good penalty taker, for example. His open-play goals have usually come from running onto a through-ball, measuring the shot and finishing. His ridiculous misses are often when the ball is fired into him quickly and he has to make a split decision or movement.

Despite the tonne of goals he scored in Spain, he doesn't strike me as a natural goal-scorer. He's more of a support striker than the main man.

I disagree to an extent.

I think it was a deliberate flick on to beat the defender - I would agree that he didn't necessarily mean it to go to Paulinho but he knew it was better to move the ball on (it wasn't a poor header at goal for example) and further into the box than try anything else. It counts as an assist, more so than Paulinho's cojones count for Capoue's goal.

I disagree to an extent.

I think it was a deliberate flick on to beat the defender - I would agree that he didn't necessarily mean it to go to Paulinho but he knew it was better to move the ball on (it wasn't a poor header at goal for example) and further into the box than try anything else. It counts as an assist, more so than Paulinho's cojones count for Capoue's goal.

Paulinho's was an excellent dummy! Always meant that :eek:k:

Back