• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Wow you guys are easily pleased. He nearly missed that chance as well. Even the commentator mentioned that. And then later he misses another chance. Bobby twotouch ooops.

Easily pleased? What he said was fair comment, he does have good all round play but has lost his goal scoring boots.

He didn't nearly miss it, he just controlled it then shot. If it had been any other striker nothing would have been said....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Easily pleased? What he said was fair comment, he does have good all round play but has lost his goal scoring boots.

He didn't nearly miss it, he just controlled it then shot. If it had been any other striker nothing would have been said....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Too bloody true. Certainly give him a knock if he misses a sitter, but not when he bloody scores ffs.

Wow you guys are easily pleased. He nearly missed that chance as well. Even the commentator mentioned that. And then later he misses another chance. Bobby twotouch ooops.

I'm not sure there's a stat for 'nearly missed but actually scored' anywhere. I wonder why that would be?

That stat is right next to "nearly created an assist" and "nearly conceded a penalty".

Why are people so "glass half empty" on here.

Maybe they should subtract the 'nearly missed goals scored' from the 'total goals scored' for each striker at the end of the season. Then we'd finally know who the best is!

People are glass half empty or glass half full depending on what they have said about a player in the past on here.

Seriously? It was a horrible cross from Rose that went behind him - he had to receive the ball with his back square on to goal. To get a shot away from that situation was a good effort

Soldado did well to praise a dove from above on the third Tuesday of lent there.

I doubt he'll ever please some people as he continues to receive criticism both when he scores & when he doesn't.

Seriously? It was a horrible cross from Rose that went behind him - he had to receive the ball with his back square on to goal. To get a shot away from that situation was a good effort

Horrible cross, are you serious? Good effort??? Ah man I give up with this place sometimes

Did he? I think it was right to take two touches. The ball is bouncing at his hip, not exactly an easy ball to strike first time. He gets it down and reacts quickly, goalkeeper not really near it, good finish.

Yes he missed one. Scored one, missed one, good return. Second one certainly wasn't a tap in.

It was a bit of a jittery "oh GHod, the ball's coming towards me, ahhhhhhh" touch. But fair play, he stuck it in.

looked to me it crossed the plane of the goal line bang in the middle of the goal, not sure you can get further from nearly missing than that

Horrible cross, are you serious? Good effort??? Ah man I give up with this place sometimes

I haven't seen it back on tv yet, but from where I was it looked like Rose cut it back way too far. He definitely had to swivel 180 degrees to get the shot away

I haven't seen it back on tv yet, but from where I was it looked like Rose cut it back way too far. He definitely had to swivel 180 degrees to get the shot away

It was behind Soldado. That doesn't make it a horrible cross. We're talking a yard or two away from a perfect cross.

Lets put it another way. The Premier league is a fast paced league yes? well its pretty much known that its better to take a chance early to be more certain of beating a keeper. I think what I am saying is that even though it came a hip height he was lucky it bounced off him in a useful direction and that there was no defender around. He got lucky with the touch. He should have contrived a way to take it first time.

As for the Rose Cross. Well it was a great run by Rose and a great cross. Soldado is looking across the line and should be able to time his run to adjust to the pass. Just yet another excuse for him that he did well to turn around on it. Rubbish. He should have held his run a little and knocked it in.

This is La Liga. He still has not got used to the speed of the Premier league at all. He always wants two touches. When he only gets one he misses the target. His overall play and build up play is average at best as well.

Kane is putting him to shame.

I think what I am saying is that even though it came a hip height he was lucky it bounced off him in a useful direction and that there was no defender around. He got lucky with the touch. He should have contrived a way to take it first time.

Those were my thoughts, too. As I watched it, I had a horrible feeling he was going to mess up what looked like a sitter. Watching the replay, it was a trickier chance than it first looked, and if he got a bit lucky, I find it hard to begrudge him that.

Bony's shot on Sunday was going wide until it hit Fazio and bounced back in front of him with the keeper already committed, so stuff like this often happens.

he did wrong by controlling the ball when he knew he had all the time in the world?

me thinks you are giving him way more credit than he deserves. But Hey! if you love the man then so be it. The problem is, i think that he thinks he has all the time in the world on every chance.

me thinks you are giving him way more credit than he deserves. But Hey! if you love the man then so be it. The problem is, i think that he thinks he has all the time in the world on every chance.

A ton of his goals in Spain were first touch strikes.

He's short on confidence and missing that instinct perhaps, but I don't think yesterday was an example of that at all.

Back