• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

I rooted for him until the game yesterday. Soldado played like he didn't care. No drive and no desire whatsoever.

I would love to know who signed him? Who from THFC thought he would do well in this league?

If you look at him compared to Bony, Costa, Rooney, Van Persie even Augero they are all physically alot stronger than Soldado. I honestly think after watching him for a few games for Valencia I would have been able to say move onto another target he wont cut it in the Prem.

In all his games for us how many times has he bullied a defender? I can only think of Southampton at WHL he made Lovren look like a school boy and even thats not much to be impressed with seeing how well Lovren has done for Liverpool.

A move to a new club would do him and us a massive favour, I cant see many spanish clubs signing him because they dont have the money, maybe Atletico at a push or maybe a turkish club will come in for him but I dont think it will be more then 10m

I would love to know who signed him? Who from THFC thought he would do well in this league?

If you look at him compared to Bony, Costa, Rooney, Van Persie even Augero they are all physically alot stronger than Soldado. I honestly think after watching him for a few games for Valencia I would have been able to say move onto another target he wont cut it in the Prem.

In all his games for us how many times has he bullied a defender? I can only think of Southampton at WHL he made Lovren look like a school boy and even thats not much to be impressed with seeing how well Lovren has done for Liverpool.

A move to a new club would do him and us a massive favour, I cant see many spanish clubs signing him because they dont have the money, maybe Atletico at a push or maybe a turkish club will come in for him but I dont think it will be more then 10m

He was an avb signing apparently as was paulinho... Makes me even more thankful that we didnt get hulk.

He was an avb signing apparently as was paulinho... Makes me even more thankful that we didnt get hulk.

Damiao would have potentially been the worst of all, he's turned out to be complete donkey who we nearly wasted 20 million on. AVB clearly did not recognize what makes a great PL player.

We don't even need a top level one.... Just an average one would be an upgrade on Soldado.

I think if the right money was offered we could get any of Destro, Icardi, Mitrovic or Berahino. Dybala, Ings and Gignac all have contract situations that could be exploited. What about the centre forward from Colombia that we were linked with (supposed to be a bit of a nutter)? Villa would probably also take a big offer for Benteke, Equally Swansea might not stand in Bony's way if a big offer was made for him. It may be that none of them are the answer, but I would rather get one and find out than carry on with somebody who has demonstrated that he clearly is not.

I would happily take Berahino, Bony or Benteke at the right price. But I would keep Soldado and sell Ade.

I can't really blame him when we create **** all for him like yesterday. But even his finishing when he does get chances has almost completely deserted him. He always wants one more touch.

He was bought to play with bale and Lennon wide with passes into space in box and crosses from wide.
Would have scored a bundle[emoji4]

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

He was bought to play with bale and Lennon wide with passes into space in box and crosses from wide.

I think that we were well aware that Bale was off by the time we signed Bobby and I do not believe that AVB ever intended to play crosses from wide.

You mean the AVB team that almost exclusively played with inverted wingers with bale off the right?

He suffers from a lack of physicality and speed - attributes that would have held him back in nearly any team in this league. The fact his finishing has been as bad as it has been has compounded it

Saying that, the feedback form Spanish friends in 2013 was that he would do well but 'needed 3/4 chances to score.' Looking at his record for the previous couple of seasons I thought that he must be an out and out threat but perhaps the writing was on the wall from day 1

I think that we were well aware that Bale was off by the time we signed Bobby and I do not believe that AVB ever intended to play crosses from wide.

I dont think AVB accepted that, Soldado would have been a long term target and I think the plan was to play him as a pivot for Bale

In Soldados first interview he was asked about bale and his reply was he was bought to play with bale and was told bale was going nowhere.

I would happily take Berahino, Bony or Benteke at the right price. But I would keep Soldado and sell Ade.

I can't really blame him when we create **** all for him like yesterday. But even his finishing when he does get chances has almost completely deserted him. He always wants one more touch.

We've created a lot for Soldado against Besiktas he should have had at least two

Oh and how come we seem to create loads of chances for Kane? How come every corner and free-kick seems to end up on Kanes head? Maybe it's because of his movement and desire for goals that makes the ball and demands the pass?

Agreed.

Wouldn't mind replacing both, but finding two strikers that are good enough seems a tall order seeing as we haven't really found one striker that was properly good enough for us since... since... *quietly starts crying*

That little Spanish kid at Saudi Sportswashing Machine is banging them in every week, meanwhile Soldado actually looks embarrassed to be out there, missing chances and apologising to his team mates for yet another miss.

It is quite a skill that a player played up front for a half decent team scores so few goals. Surely by standing on the keeper's toes for corners, or just hanging around between the posts for rebounds, you would score a few goals now and then?

I don't want Berahino. Heck, sounds like WBA are getting tired of him. Although he has ability, reports suggest that his attitude is off. I read this online somewhere, so could be *******s, but why take the risk?

Oh and how come we seem to create loads of chances for Kane? How come every corner and free-kick seems to end up on Kanes head? Maybe it's because of his movement and desire for goals that makes the ball and demands the pass?

Very much this. Nailed on with the phrase "never looks like scoring". He has missed boatloads of opportunities but even more worrisome is his lack of creating something either by dribbling or making a run to get into scoring positions. As others have mentioned Kane manages it every game where as Soldado it is almost like it has to be set on a plate for him and even at that he is missing them

You mean like he got on the end of that perfect cross against Besiktas when all it needed was the right run and the right header for a simple goal and he did the easy option of running in a straight line looking totally out of place. Highlighted perfectly by the commentators and the presenters at half time.

You mean like he got on the end of that perfect cross against Besiktas when all it needed was the right run and the right header for a simple goal and he did the easy option of running in a straight line looking totally out of place. Highlighted perfectly by the commentators and the presenters at half time.

I don't watch the pundits, they without exception talk rubbish. Did they say that about a perfect cross? Why was It perfect? Perfectly stuck, great, dead chuffed we have some one who can strike a perfect cross. But if it is reliant on someone anticipating exactly what you are going to do then you have to accept that the chances are they aren't. One of the issues for us this season is lack of options in the box, Kane goes front Soldado back post and no one in the middle. That's not a lot to hit and if they are marked even harder.
Look I'm not claiming he has been anything other than a disappointment but not all of it is his fault.
The point I was making above was he was bought to fit in with a team that isn't there now. Personally I always think that's a bit of an easy get out but who am I to judge.
The last bit about banging them in was in jest hence the smileys.
Something I think a lot of people forget is that you don't get a receipt with a player, you can't take him back and say look this isn't working or he doesn't fit, can I have my money back. He is all we have at the moment and we should try and support, as his team mates seem to be.

Back