• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

@StatsZone: #THFC 2-1 #EFC Off comes Soldado, who's worked the channels well and got his goal. Involved http://fft.sm/BjRa3I
B3tPDBuCcAEobts.png

@FourFourTweet: PHOTO: Roberto Soldado celebrates scoring his first goal in his last 12 Tottenham games
B3tEYa3IAAAAQDo.jpg

****ing finally!! not going to get carried away but we really need him to start scoring as we don't have any other options until January

i've been a big critic of him but I was delighted at the way he took the goal, he finished like a seasoned goalscorer should, one swallow doesn't make a summer though........

Soldado and Kane look like a natural partnership and have an understanding. We need to get some cover in for them asap in jan though as, assuming Ade is finished at Spurs, we have zero cover and I dont think there's any CF kids coming through either.

Our lack of depth also means that Soldado and Kane are going to be knackered by Jan - we play 9 or 10 games in a month I believe!! For Besiktas away, we need rest anyone who would startin the league and sod the result

Soldado and Kane look like a natural partnership and have an understanding. We need to get some cover in for them asap in jan though as, assuming Ade is finished at Spurs, we have zero cover and I dont think there's any CF kids coming through either.

Our lack of depth also means that Soldado and Kane are going to be knackered by Jan - we play 9 or 10 games in a month I believe!! For Besiktas away, we need rest anyone who would startin the league and sod the result

Yeah they both looked knackered at the end. Soldado had to come off.

Kane is young and Soldado will want to play every game he can.

Come late January/February it could be telling, but for now I think we are ok. Do agree we need cover for 2nd half of season.

Think we need to make 1 or maybe 2 good signings, known players, could just give the team a little lift. To me, pace would be the key characteristic I would look for in any new buys.

Chadli might be a good option. Eriksen can be moved centrally, as can Lamela. But yes, someone to replace Ade, (or if possible get Ade back on track) could be crucial.

So pleased for Bobby Soldier.

Nice to hear that he welled up a bit as the fans sang his name at half time. He's so desperate to do well with us. Maybe that's been part of the problem?

Let's hope that this is the start of a rich vein of form.

I think I might have a visit from environmental health due to shouting down the house and upsetting the neighbours when solly put that away........dont give a s**t though :)

favourite moment of the season so far.....Soldado I am made up for you lad.....but come on....its time to kick on from this!

He has been playing well all season just the goals issue and now he has it and hopefully long may it continue. Poch needs to do what others failed i.e. AVB in that Soldado HAS to play the next game. None of this stop start **** - play both of them against Chelscum - go for it.

We should play the same team bar Chiriches. I say bar Chiriches as I'm not sure that he'll be fit for Wednesday, having come off injured. We performed well, the team worked well together, let's keep with it and see if we can't produce another solid result.

Soldado definitely deserves to start. His all round play has been impressive for some time with the exception of his inability to find the back of the net. Now that he has one, and from his reaction perhaps he has been bottling up nerves and now feels free and supported by us fans, and his team & management. Let's see if he can continue scoring & prove so many people wrong. I can't think of many things I want more for us than a Soldado who is confident in front of goal and regularly scoring. In many ways, that would be such a key ingredient to the future success of our team.

Soldado rarely loses possession. I know this is a foot note but I wanted to say it. His touch can be sublime at times.

Back