• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

No lclc I think Soldado and paulinho were bought with bale in mind, most of the signings after that were bought knowing bale wasn't going to be there. AVB alluded to this but saying they weren't all his signings.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

OK he cost 26 mill, his goalscoring record is poor, but for some reason I just love Bob.

Keep playing him MoPo!

Keeps trying, keeps working hard, doesn't hide. And he has a good/decent song...

Won't mind it if he keeps getting chances. As long as he's getting into scoring positions all hope for his goalscoring is not lost and he's doing other stuff well.

OK he cost 26 mill, his goalscoring record is poor, but for some reason I just love Bob.

Keep playing him MoPo!

This is exactly how I feel. I feel so very bad for him with every missed chance that I find myself trying to will him to score through the television - it's ludicrous. I just want him to bang one in - not a tap in but a nice turn and boom in the corner.

That is what happens when you play with one up top and inverted wingers though. CF has to show for feet with his back to goal as soon as a winger cuts inside, either that or make a run across (and away from) goal to create space for them to run into/shoot.

We have our answer then. Don't play with one up front. I know the football world struggles with commonsense sometimes but if a striker is there to get goals, then why not have two and increase the probability of scoring more. As soon as another striker sits alongside either Kane or Soldado they are immediately better players. I think we also look more dynamic with wingers, funny that.

If you look at how he usually scores his goals you'll see there is a fair bit of variety. He scores with a lot of flicked, angled headers, he is strong on the volley and he shoots on sight giving keepers little time. A lot of his goals though are scored when the ball is put in space for him to run on to, he works off the shoulder very well and is good at beating the offside trap. Of course we've seen many players disappear at the height of their prowess but we have stifled his game and people got on his back so early on it naturally affected his confidence. If he plays, we improve, then he will score goals and his workrate will benefit the team. Fingers crossed.

We have our answer then. Don't play with one up front. I know the football world struggles with commonsense sometimes but if a striker is there to get goals, then why not have two and increase the probability of scoring more. As soon as another striker sits alongside either Kane or Soldado they are immediately better players. I think we also look more dynamic with wingers, funny that.

Because for whatever reason Poch feels that the benifits/cons of playing 1 up front with 3 in behind out-weigh the benifits/cons of playing 2 up front and wingers. I don't know if he's correct or not, but he deserves the benifit of the doubt for now IMO.

If you look at how he usually scores his goals you'll see there is a fair bit of variety. He scores with a lot of flicked, angled headers, he is strong on the volley and he shoots on sight giving keepers little time. A lot of his goals though are scored when the ball is put in space for him to run on to, he works off the shoulder very well and is good at beating the offside trap. Of course we've seen many players disappear at the height of their prowess but we have stifled his game and people got on his back so early on it naturally affected his confidence. If he plays, we improve, then he will score goals and his workrate will benefit the team. Fingers crossed.

Also clarky my old fiend(not a miss spelling) AVB ruined him at the start. Though I stand by my assessment that he is now broken and needs taking out the back and shooting. Best thing for him all round, just do not let him do the shooting himself because he would probably miss.

As long as someone scores it doesn't really matter who it is. Judge him as a footballer instead and he's playing well. It's either him or Kane up front and both seem to be at their best when dropping deeper, but the onus is just as much on those playing behind the striker IMO.

I agree with you, his link up play last night was first class and he was finding space well.

I stand by my assessment that he is now broken and needs taking out the back and shooting. Best thing for him all round, just do not let him do the shooting himself because he would probably miss.

Ha ha, nice one Ben. I agree with you, he has a hollow look in his eyes, he stares into space like a man on death row, his confidence is a billion light years away now. I think he's a nice guy and he does everything else OK (link up, runs, effort etc) but give him a chance and his sphincter tightens so fast that the top of his socks go up his chuff and he scuffs it wide. Every time.

just bottled the 50 /50 clearance that led to Mirallas' goal

If you aren't scoring then you should be busting your ass in every other department.

just bottled the 50 /50 clearance that led to Mirallas' goal

If you aren't scoring then you should be busting your ass in every other department.
BTW, I don't think he bottles that tackle. He looks like he tried to play it over the top of the other player.

Wrong choice, certainly but I don't think it was bottling.

@OptaJoe: 593 - Roberto Soldado has ended a run of 593 minutes without a goal (all competitions). Relief.

[VINE]OnUx0T6aVtt[/VINE]

@MailMatchZone: Roberto Soldado scores his first Premier League goal for eight months http://dailym.ai/12hjZ24
B3tFXoGCYAAnYF3.jpg

@FootyMemes: The Tottenham bench when Soldado scored...
B3tEOQTIYAAAvdO.jpg

Thought I was seeing things. The guy can finish in a Spurs shirt. Did well today along with the team

it was actually close to being saved.

Really AS? the guy worked his nuts off, won us the game with his goal (his run also pulled the defenders that created the space for first goal as well)

Yes, he hasn't delivered for Spurs, but enjoy it for the minute ...

Back