• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Right in a brief summary, what sort of player is he and what will he bring to the team ???

he'll bring goals.

from what ive seen of him, he won't be as effective to the team as Adebayor was in 2011-12 but he'll end up scoring more I have no doubt.

tbf weve made many good cheap signings recently. Lloris, Vertonghen, Sandro, Siggy, Holtby, Chadli even Ade at 5 mill was cheap,add these to the good deals we made for Walker, Kaboul, Ekotto, Bale, Lennon and you can see the majority of the first team was signed for relative cheap sums. Only Dembele, Paulinho and Defoe were each 10 mill plus!!

We need to now make a striker signing that doesnt make financial sense but it sure makes football sense. If the club pays more than 20 mill for Soldado its very brave but he is a class finisher. Its the clubs money, lets not worry about it and instead just hope we can get a player of this calibre. I still think someone will come in at the last minute and gazump us. We need luck and need to be quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah good post. I agree with these sentiments pretty much. Every now and then you need to roll the dice and although this would be our record signing we do have a bunch of TV money on the way. Go for it I say.

goals last season so you get a rough idea.

[video=youtube;0wVS81U2PQM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wVS81U2PQM[/video]

BPzPMflCQAA5mda.jpg

Good follow on twitter this guy - @AddictedtoSpurs

Has posted some great behind the scene's piccies etc last few days

Right in a brief summary, what sort of player is he and what will he bring to the team ???
Composed striker who takes up good positions in the box and has a knack of getting on the end of crosses whether it's with his feet or his head.

This is the type of player I think we need. He'll prove to be valuable in the games that become frustrating against teams that park the bus.

Has two good feet, one on his left, one on his right. Good in the air with his back to goal whilst playing on the shoulder, likes a diagonal run onto a straight ball. Great lad, never a moment's trouble.

wtf we're really going to bid that much for him? this doesn't make sense.

The fee is still not known, hell we havent even brought the guy yet, but he is in his prime and he will bring goals and much needed movement. I like Soldado, he is one of the very few players ive seen before and have liked him. Would have been great had he been a year or two younger but he has only just turned 28 - so has four good seasons in him yet.

ps - I think when you factor Bale into the equation it does make sense. 70m profit on Bale so even if you make zilch out of Soldado as a group of players - youre stil up. The sum and all that.

The fee is still not known, hell we havent even brought the guy yet, but he is in his prime and he will bring goals and much needed movement. I like Soldado, he is one of the very few players ive seen before and have liked him. Would have been great had he been a year or two younger but he has only just turned 28 - so has four good seasons in him yet.

ps - I think when you factor Bale into the equation it does make sense. 70m profit on Bale so even if you make zilch out of Soldado as a group of players - youre stil up. The sum and all that.

Surely you dont think Levy has come to his senses?

How do we know those pics of Baldini are in Valencia? Could be anywhere or even old pics?

Wait until the morning when we find out that Dayo had photoshopped them ... Jimmy Kong on epic proportions ... people missing dates, taxis, work and all sorts

Surely you dont think Levy has come to his senses?

Baldini has made Levy come to his senses maybe.

How I view it is this - we have no more (or very very few options) after Soldado. Total fee may well be about 18m after selling Ade. 18m for an established striker is a decent deal

Back