• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Maybe Levy has realised that just because you buy a player who could be sold on it doesn't always happen. Look at Bentley, Rebrov, Pav, Bent and I'm sure there's others, maybe he's thinking, let's just get someone that is likely to do a job for us and if it fails like those others so be it we'll take the hit like we have with those guys.

If we can make 70-80% of our signings young potential players for smaller fees and either get years out of them like Lennon or move them on for a profit like Bale and then get 20-30% of players that are in their prime to show the youngsters how it's done and give us that blend of experience and youth we'll be doing well.

You seen his honker of a nose? Bigger than most peoples ****s ;)

On SC they say he is training with Valencia - wouldnt read too much into it but does plants seeds of doubt.

To be honest mate they got planted ages ago.

I guess we some times have to accept that our transfer windows are about as unpredictable as The Great Gatsby himself.

Tapper, Midfielder, Striker, Spy

I wonder what George Smiley would make of it all....

:-k

Last edited:
Maybe Levy has realised that just because you buy a player who could be sold on it doesn't always happen. Look at Bentley, Rebrov, Pav, Bent and I'm sure there's others, maybe he's thinking, let's just get someone that is likely to do a job for us and if it fails like those others so be it we'll take the hit like we have with those guys.

If we can make 70-80% of our signings young potential players for smaller fees and either get years out of them like Lennon or move them on for a profit like Bale and then get 20-30% of players that are in their prime to show the youngsters how it's done and give us that blend of experience and youth we'll be doing well.

Plus with the near-guarantee of £50m+ next summer for Bale if we do not succeed this year, we can afford to gamble with money this year if it means securing our future in the CL/ Bale's future at the club.

I think we've got him....

Former Valencia director Antonio Sese also hinted that a deal had been struck as he wrote on Twitter: "They tell me that Roberto Soldado will be transferred shortly. They (Tottenham) will pay the release clause. Great management."

http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4188...tottenham-agrees-30-million-euro-soldado-deal

In other news

war-evac-3_1462836i.jpg

;)

Been posted a few times now mate.

what other threads in the world can include ed bryne comedian and Hitler invading Poland...... awesome!!!!!

Plus with the near-guarantee of £50m+ next summer for Bale if we do not succeed this year, we can afford to gamble with money this year if it means securing our future in the CL/ Bale's future at the club.

That is a very smart way of looking at it. Would not surprise me if Levy thinks along the same lines.

As for Soldado the way Levy operates the more I think the deal will conclude near to the 3rd August deadline.

Hope we don't bottle this one. Those stats, that age, we're going to keep him for a few years, no doubt! It's too good to be true.

That is a very smart way of looking at it. Would not surprise me if Levy thinks along the same lines.

As for Soldado the way Levy operates the more I think the deal will conclude near to the 3rd August deadline.

I just hope we are not going to say we have brought Soldado but sold Bale too late to find a replacement ... that money will disappear from sight.

@AddictedtoSpurs 10m

Light rumours that Soldado will have his medical at Tottenham at 7pm today. #THFC

I had heard 7pm tomorrow, (Tuesday) so at least it is the same time.. can't remember where I read it... I think on Dr Mr Levy so not ITK! (nor claiming to be)

@AddictedtoSpurs 10m

Light rumours that Soldado will have his medical at Tottenham at 7pm today. #THFC

If true then surely someone would have bagged a photo at the airport?

And do we now have a weight scale for 'rumours'?.........

once this gets lifted to a welterweight rumour, i'll start believing

doubt he has flown into the uk without anyone noticing

Why not? I wouldnt say he's necessarily the most recognisable face in the world...and, even though there's the odd sighting here and there of a player going through an airport, compare the number of those sighting to the number of times a player actually goes through an airport and its a miniscule percentage

Back