• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

If you stick to the young/resale value motto for the majority of the squad then it should afford you the room to sign the odd player in his prime for a 'big' fee

If you stick to the young/resale value motto for the majority of the squad then it should afford you the room to sign the odd player in his prime for a 'big' fee

=D> and thats what Spurs have been doing for the last few years, so now we can possibly take this chance on Soldado

=D> and thats what Spurs have been doing for the last few years, so now we can possibly take this chance on Soldado

Exactly. It is one player. In a position we are struggling with. Everyone on here moans about the strikers we have, and the people that make the decisions probably (to some extent) think the same thing. They can be good but ultimately are not good enough.

We still have a good quota of players that fit the 'young with good resale prospects', siggy, chadli, holtby, walker, rose, townsend, sandro, caulker, naughton.

I think we may well be moving away from the modric/moutinho passy playmaker type of game more in favour of the steamrolling tactic, and basically they want to make sure we have someone that finishes of anything put in front of them.

You won't mind me making my observation then, will you?!?

There's a lot more discussed on this forums than transfer speculation. There might be one or two claiming I be ITK but most people with their head screwed on know a) take it with a pinch of salt and b) it doesn't matter what anyone knows what matters is who ends up wearing the shirt for our first game of the season. Anything that is talked about between know and then is an irrelevance.

Sorry but I did think it was a bit rich someone who doesn normally post to just turn up and expect ITK.

there's a lot more discussed on this forums than transfer speculation. There might be one or two claiming to be itk but most people with their head screwed on know a) take it with a pinch of salt and b) it doesn't matter what anyone knows what matters is who ends up wearing the shirt for our first game of the season. Anything that is talked about between know and then is an irrelevance.

Sorry but i did think it was a bit rich someone who doesn normally post to just turn up and expect itk.

edit ;)

How ironic...if we smash our transfer record and finally nail down a top class striker we have all been screaming for that potential celebrations may feel muted if we lose our talisman to Toadface and his crew.

I cant be asked to have a pop at mumorn or anyone else I just love the waiting.

How ironic...if we smash our transfer record and finally nail down a top class striker we have all been screaming for that potential celebrations may feel muted if we lose our talisman to Toadface and his crew.

I cant be asked to have a pop at mumorn or anyone else I just love the waiting.

More unfortunate than ironic ;)

More unfortunate than ironic ;)

yeah you right in saying ironic I was being macaronic.....

so without the aid of sources I will say the reason this deal is being held up is Valencia are thrashing around like eels trying to get a replacement for Soldado..

that's not itk its just speculation on my part and perhaps wishful thinking.

I will go with it will be announced on Wednesday (with the hope of being spectacularly proved wrong when something appears on the os tonight or tomorrow morn)[-o<

so without the aid of sources I will say the reason this deal is being held up is Valencia are thrashing around like eels trying to get a replacement for Soldado..

I will go with it will be announced on Wednesday (with the hope of being spectacularly proved wrong when something appears on the os tonight or tomorrow morn)[-o<

To help keep our moods positive, any excuse to post this Ed Byrne classic that everyone's seen 100 times, but remains funny seems like a good way to take this thread off topic:

[video=youtube;nT1TVSTkAXg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT1TVSTkAXg[/video]

I see a few links to Giroud as a replacement. I suppose it could be worse, Postiga for instance.

Back