• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

If we're paying 25m for Soldado then we should have paid it for Benteke without even thinking about it.

i still think Levy/Spurs got caught out by thinking they could drag out negotiations till later in the window...Lambert and Lerner nipped in with some very convincing face to face talks with Benteke and they changed his mind.....oh, and no future release clause in his new contract

Aston Villa have pulled off a major coup by managing not to include a release clause in Christian Benteke’s bumper new contract.

The Birmingham club persuaded the Belgium forward to sign a four-year deal late last week after talks between manager Paul Lambert and the player.

Villa had placed a £25million valuation on the head of the forward to ward off interest from Tottenham. Benteke handed in a transfer request on the back of that in the hope of securing a move to White Hart Lane.

When it failed to materialise, an hour-long meeting with Lambert, allied to some quick decision-making and action by owner Randy Lerner and chief executive Paul Faulkner, ended with the player making a spectacular U-turn.

Benteke secured a whopping pay rise, lifting his wages beyond the £2.5m-a-year mark as he became the eighth player to earn himself a new deal.

Now it seems Villa have negotiated a contract that does not include any release clause.

This means, should Benteke reproduce the form he showed last year during his first season at Villa Park, when he scored 19 Premier League goals, his valuation could improve still further without any trigger in his deal that would automatically enable him to speak to any interested parties.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tian-Benteke-contract-coup.html#ixzz2ZqtXodl6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has confirmed the club are interested in bringing Valencia striker Roberto Soldado to White Hart Lane.
The Spain international has been tipped to move away from the Mestalla, and Premier League interest has come from both Tottenham and Liverpool in recent weeks.
Speaking in Hong Kong, Villas-Boas revealed Soldado is one of the options the club are looking at, but insisted no deal has been struck with Valencia.
"At the moment, he's just one of the players we are interested in," Villas-Boas said.
"It's not a lie to anybody that we've been looking for a striker to strengthen our squad and to have more strength in depth. Roberto is one of the players we have been following and his career speaks for itself. He's a great striker.
"But there isn't a deal being struck at the moment, it's just interest and conversations."
However, according to reports, it appears that Spurs are closing in on the 28-year-old, with Spanish radio station Cadena SER saying Tottenham sporting director Franco Baldini has met with the agent of Soldado, and the release clause of around £26 million could be triggered within the next few days.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/223941.html#ubBt7wVFAkbZkeeB.99

Just heard the TalkSport Spanish football correspondent saying that he thinks this deal is very close to going through, didn't catch his name so I don't know how reliable his info is, let's hope he's correct.

If we're paying 25m for Soldado then we should have paid it for Benteke without even thinking about it.

Soldado is supposedly 22m. And perhaps Villa were seriously holding out for their originally stated 28m for Benteke?

Even for the same price I'd definitely prefer Soldado - I think he's considerably better than Benteke, and much more suited to our system too. His movement and finishing will be of a lot more value to us than Benteke's power would have been.

Last edited:
i still think Levy/Spurs got caught out by thinking they could drag out negotiations till later in the window...Lambert and Lerner nipped in with some very convincing face to face talks with Benteke and they changed his mind.....oh, and no future release clause in his new contract

Aston Villa have pulled off a major coup by managing not to include a release clause in Christian Benteke’s bumper new contract.

The Birmingham club persuaded the Belgium forward to sign a four-year deal late last week after talks between manager Paul Lambert and the player.

Villa had placed a £25million valuation on the head of the forward to ward off interest from Tottenham. Benteke handed in a transfer request on the back of that in the hope of securing a move to White Hart Lane.

When it failed to materialise, an hour-long meeting with Lambert, allied to some quick decision-making and action by owner Randy Lerner and chief executive Paul Faulkner, ended with the player making a spectacular U-turn.

Benteke secured a whopping pay rise, lifting his wages beyond the £2.5m-a-year mark as he became the eighth player to earn himself a new deal.

Now it seems Villa have negotiated a contract that does not include any release clause.

This means, should Benteke reproduce the form he showed last year during his first season at Villa Park, when he scored 19 Premier League goals, his valuation could improve still further without any trigger in his deal that would automatically enable him to speak to any interested parties.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tian-Benteke-contract-coup.html#ixzz2ZqtXodl6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

There's no way Benteke signed a new deal without a relegation clause - he and his agent can't both be idiots.

I think that's just very cleverly worded whispers from Villa in the ear of a journo. There's probably no "If a club offers £xm we have to sell you" clause but I bet there's a relegation one which he probably didn't have before.

I for one would hate to see your eternal optimism and giddiness on here be thwarted once again in our attempts to secure that elusive striker.

Do it for Nigeyman Levy!!

nice one stinkfoot.....would be a nice little sign hanging in his office I reckon......lol though it should say 'do it for the spurs faithful'

I can't get excited about this.

No way.

Nope.

Noooo sir.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! please get it done!!!

Nigeyman's excitement levels are also bubbling......from feeling flat over the benteke business......my excitement has now re-kindled like a phoenix from the flame.....thing is I was so desperate for benteke that I just dismissed Soldado........so its a damn good job I am not on our transfer committee as it seems the cool calm and logic approach is needed.

I am over benteke business....we have to move on...... if we land this guy great if not then review our options. but yes I echo superspurs.....eeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! get it done.

Wow, Spurs fans are funny. So we've sent Baldini out to Valencia to "stage" negotiations :lol:

of course paying baldi's travel costs/fetishes is just a small sacrifice to pull off this wonderful piece of stage....... Levy will be thrilled:ross:

So we're looking at this kind of schedule then:

- 12 noon CET - meeting starts
- 1-4pm CET - siesta break
- 4-6pm CET - meeting concludes

- 27 July - Soldado scores a hattrick for us against Sunderland in Hong Kong
- 6 August - deal announced on OS

of course paying baldi's travel costs/fetishes is just a small sacrifice to pull off this wonderful piece of stage....... Levy will be thrilled:ross:

No not really. We could just have easily sent him out in order to try and negotiate the price (with no real expectation that Valencia will do so). Might as well make sure you're pictured there whilst you're at it...ah yeh maybe conduct the talks outside so the secret paparazzi guy can secretly capture pics. It seems very well orchestrated but i will be wrong if we agree a fee of course (that's at the price quoted).

No not really. We could just have easily sent him out in order to try and negotiate the price (with no real expectation that Valencia will do so). Might as well make sure you're pictured there whilst you're at it...ah yeh maybe conduct the talks outside so the secret paparazzi guy can secretly capture pics. It seems very well orchestrated but i will be wrong if we agree a fee of course (that's at the price quoted).

Well I would be in as much shock as you if we pay 20m+ for a player.....and would feel wow'd that we are finally doing all we can to be the best we can be.......there will be a baldi love-in if this deal actually comes true and I will love it.......I am trying to contain myself.......its difficult.........

bear in mind that with modern technology its impossible to keep deals quiet.......the only way we get surprised out of the blue is like vdv!!!! where levy rings chairmen on deadline day and says 'is the a sale you desperately want to make.....'well actually were desperate to sell blah blah and will negotiate at 1 willy wonka golden ticket and so on......

meeting could have been more discreet I guess but its beyond us to attach a cloak of invisibility around Baldi and smuggle him into spain without someone taking a photo of him and the news being made that he's in Valencia within an hour.

on a positive note it tells soldado we are doing all we can and how much we want him.........Baldi its over to you.....

Last edited:
Right....i'm sold on this f*cker. Looks good on wiki, looks good on you tube, could be good on FM? (not really a deal breaker).....baldi get your kahonas out, this fella knows where the net is...pick that lopez geezer up on the way back north and that's all our essential wheeler dealing done.

AVB free to mould and polish us into a monster beast of a team, flying at Selhurst from the get go.

Oh Ade, Thudd, Gomes, Parker...clear out your lockers

Right....i'm sold on this f*cker. Looks good on wiki, looks good on you tube, could be good on FM? (not really a deal breaker).....baldi get your kahonas out, this fella knows where the net is...pick that lopez geezer up on the way back north and that's all our essential wheeler dealing done.

AVB free to mould and polish us into a monster beast of a team, flying at Selhurst from the get go.

Oh Ade, Thudd, Gomes, Parker...clear out your lockers

=D>:ross:\o/=D>

Back