• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

RIP David Bowie

Genuine question Scara - are you exactly the same in real life as you are on this forum?

And have you ever been tested for autism? Read an interesting book 'The Essential Difference' recently which theorises that autism is just an 'extreme male brain', with very low empathy and very high systemisation.
I am exactly the same in real life, although the charm I use to get my opinion across in person doesn't really come across on the Internet.

It's not that I don't understand the feelings of others, I just don't care. I can feel empathy if I choose to, but it's far easier to succeed in life with it "switched off" for want of a better term.

I am exactly the same in real life, although the charm I use to get my opinion across in person doesn't really come across on the Internet.

It's not that I don't understand the feelings of others, I just don't care. I can feel empathy if I choose to, but it's far easier to succeed in life with it "switched off" for want of a better term.

In fairness, this has explained an awful lot mate. I suppose in one sense I admire you for being able to 'switch off' empathy like that, and I whole-heartedly agree that in a 'business sense' it is absolutely easier to succeed in life. This, of course, gets into those philosophical areas of discussion such as what 'life success' really is, but perhaps for another thread (and, at any rate, there is no right or wrong in such matters). I am not able to do what you can, so probably find it very hard at those times when a matter intersects with a moment of (public or otherwise) empathy and I see someone simply flat-handing it. Again, not a criticism more than an observation. I personally appreciate you explaining this pretty key point.

25g776t.jpg

Not really sure what to think of this. there was a lot of his contemporaries that were conspicuous by their absence, Queen, Kate Bush, Bryan ferry etc, that never made a peep. Then there's the lot obviously referred to above who had records, books or themselves needing some publicity. Using someone's death to promote yourself is pretty sick.

Kate Bush released a poem that she'd written about him.

I think that it is more aimed at journalists and celebrities.

I'm a big fan of Kate and wasn't really surprised that I hadn't seen any comment from her, that's her style. Have googled for the poem but can't find it. Did find a tribute from her on a site though so, thanks for leading me to that. Any chance of a link to the poem? I would love to see that.

Has Scara been talking to Gaga's management?

It was just horrendous really. Personally? I'd have asked Iggy if he wanted to do an acoustic version of 5 years, Heroes, Beauty And The Beast or Joe The Lion (ONE of those), just him, an acoustic guitar, a barstool and a low-hanging lightbulb with black stage. Then, when done, bring the house lights up to reveal a wrap around screen with images of Bowie.

It was just horrendous really. Personally? I'd have asked Iggy if he wanted to do an acoustic version of 5 years, Heroes, Beauty And The Beast or Joe The Lion (ONE of those), just him, an acoustic guitar, a barstool and a low-hanging lightbulb with black stage. Then, when done, bring the house lights up to reveal a wrap around screen with images of Bowie.

Yeh, I thought the Gaga thing was crass as fudge. Something more subdued would have been much nicer.

I've been meaning to post a link to this blog for a while. It is one of my favourite reads and I love their writing. Anyway this seems like as good an excuse as any. The first part will be a good read for anyone who likes Bowie, the second part gives us a glimpse into the unfortunate mind of those who do not get Bowie

http://ramalbumclub.com/

I've been meaning to post a link to this blog for a while. It is one of my favourite reads and I love their writing. Anyway this seems like as good an excuse as any. The first part will be a good read for anyone who likes Bowie, the second part gives us a glimpse into the unfortunate mind of those who do not get Bowie

http://ramalbumclub.com/
Well played Milo, well played.

I now have to out myself as a Bowie fan because there's no way I could align my opinions with such a person as Stewart Lee. I defy anyone to find a clamier man than him - the only one I can think of who runs him close is Russell Brand.

Had those opinions been posited by anyone else I'd find myself forced to agree with almost every word. Obviously I don't like Ska though. I'm not a monster.

Well played Milo, well played.

I now have to out myself as a Bowie fan because there's no way I could align my opinions with such a person as Stewart Lee. I defy anyone to find a clamier man than him - the only one I can think of who runs him close is Russell Brand.

Had those opinions been posited by anyone else I'd find myself forced to agree with almost every word. Obviously I don't like Ska though. I'm not a monster.
Stewart Lee is class.

Stewart Lee is class.
.....at being a clam.

Interesting that you use the word class though. Much of my hatred for him comes from the fact that he's an educated middle class man fighting the class war from the aspect of a working class one. He seems to be ashamed of the very thing he should take pride in.

.....at being a clam.

Interesting that you use the word class though. Much of my hatred for him comes from the fact that he's an educated middle class man fighting the class war from the aspect of a working class one. He seems to be ashamed of the very thing he should take pride in.

Just because you are born into a 'class' it does not mean you need to stay there...I should, at this point, add that this sentiment is a general one and in no way applies directly to Stewart Lee, who frankly I know so little about you could tell me he was Bruce's cousin and I'd believe you!!!!! I will, however, check him out now :):)

Back