• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

RIP David Bowie

I was coming back to this thread because I couldn't possibly have a thread on Bowie end on Paul weller.
If it can't end on Paul weller then it definitely end on merde.

Anyway, I grew up in the late 70s and my heroes, were Bowie, hoddle and jack Nicklaus. When you think that the likes of Ali, Audrey Hepburn, Gregory peck, Lennon, pele, Borg etc who were all still active we really were lucky. Is there anyone nowadays comparable. Anyone that in 40-50 times will be held up as the icon that all are?

When he had that obsession with Berlin and the 30's culture he said a few things that were odd. Can't remember them now but some commentators at the time thought it was just more outrageous behaviour on his part, rather than anything political. Think he associated with some dodgy types. As said above, he was also drug addled.

Right.
And that's the sum total of it. He actually spoke later of his regret that he flirted with it at all.

I agree with Scara re his music. fudging awful noise for me. Dressed like a clam too in his videos.

Always sad to hear of a passing but the music.....nah not for me.

Rid Stewart in his leopard skin legging!
60b1d6fa83e3b6ba2e2103db8b195509.jpg

Same with his duet with Bing, had to been re written because he refused to sing little drummer boy.
He had standards, wouldn't do anything he didn't believe in.

Genuine question Scara - are you exactly the same in real life as you are on this forum?

And have you ever been tested for autism? Read an interesting book 'The Essential Difference' recently which theorises that autism is just an 'extreme male brain', with very low empathy and very high systemisation.

Back