• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

I think that was arguably his best performance in a Spurs
It was
It helps they were static so his work rate works wonders
Was MOTM me
But his week shooting from outside the 6 years box is a worry
He had two shots that of he hit them cleaner could agent resulted in goals
But it was as good as he has played for sure

He is a good forward to have. Reading nonsense from some posters on here every time he misses a chance about how he should be sold and isn't good enough really is irritating. He's not Harry Kane, but few and far ever will be close to Kane. He is an Ange type forward in that he can operate across the front 3, brilliant at pressing from the front and will get goals. He can improve his finishing, more so his 1 v 1 type of chances but he is showing his worth which is hardly a surprise considering this is the first time he has had a decent stint playing up front....

He is a good forward to have. Reading nonsense from some posters on here every time he misses a chance about how he should be sold and isn't good enough really is irritating. He's not Harry Kane, but few and far ever will be close to Kane. He is an Ange type forward in that he can operate across the front 3, brilliant at pressing from the front and will get goals. He can improve his finishing, more so his 1 v 1 type of chances but he is showing his worth which is hardly a surprise considering this is the first time he has had a decent stint playing up front....

His elite qualities are, his ability in the air & work rate (works his nuts off), his positioning isn't bad either, his finishing is slightly above mid tier.

Ange wants a front line that works hard, presses from front, can be fluid positionally and puts themselves into scoring positions (he ticks all the boxes)

The issue for Richi over the long run is not only about him (said this elsewhere/earlier), it's about where do the rest of the goals come from? Assume Son is 20 a season, assume Maddison gets you 8-10, you still need someone other than Richi to put in double figures, it it Deki, Johnson, Werner, Solomon?

His elite qualities are, his ability in the air & work rate (works his nuts off), his positioning isn't bad either, his finishing is slightly above mid tier.

Ange wants a front line that works hard, presses from front, can be fluid positionally and puts themselves into scoring positions (he ticks all the boxes)

The issue for Richi over the long run is not only about him (said this elsewhere/earlier), it's about where do the rest of the goals come from? Assume Son is 20 a season, assume Maddison gets you 8-10, you still need someone other than Richi to put in double figures, it it Deki, Johnson, Werner, Solomon?

By the end of the year I suspect we will have something like:

Son - 19
Richi - 12
Maddison - 9
Deki - 9
Romero - 5
Sarr - 5
Udogie - 4
Johnson - 4
Werner - 4

and about 5 others from the likes of VDV, Lo Celso etc

That's 76 goals and would have placed us third in the scoring charts last season. Not bad without Kane (assuming I'm right!)

Will be fun to look back on this one in a few months time.

PS - that would be 6 more than we managed last season. Which we'd expect given the type of football we were playing.

Son isn't getting 20 league goals a season playing on the left anymore. To get that figure he would need to play through the centre. What then do we do with Richie who has only functioned through the middle.

How do we get more goals out of the front line / attacking 6 players?

Son isn't getting 20 league goals a season playing on the left anymore. To get that figure he would need to play through the centre. What then do we do with Richie who has only functioned through the middle.

That is the question. The problem is you probably can't evaluate that front line until the midfield/team is at full strength

With Romero/VDV fit and starting, it gives Udogie & Porro a little more license to overload, with a midfield of Sarr/Bissouma plus Bentancur & Maddison, the service to front line will be a lot better.

Son - 19
Richi - 12
Maddison - 9
Deki - 9
Romero - 5
Sarr - 5
Udogie - 4
Johnson - 4
Werner - 4

That's 76 goals and would have placed us third in the scoring charts last season. Not bad without Kane (assuming I'm right!)

PS - that would be 6 more than we managed last season. Which we'd expect given the type of football we were playing.
You forgot OG's. 😀

Son - 19
Richi - 12
Maddison - 9
Deki - 9
Romero - 5
Sarr - 5
Udogie - 4
Johnson - 4
Werner - 4

What’s interesting is everyone in the team is scoring. I think the only one who haven’t scored yet under Ange are PEH and Skipp (sure someone will correct me)

We're not suffering from lack of goals. Only City have scored more! We're getting goals from all over, which is exactly what our style is about.

Back