• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

In the system last season the left sided role would have suited him. I'm this system it doesn't.

Yeah, he's a striker in this system. I think he always has been. Just injuries that meant he's been used as an option there.

I think he's done alright there for a player playing out of position (or out of role, but that's not really an expression). About as well as we could expect at least.
He did get some minutes last season the left and other than some of the sub minutes he was just as poor. The truth Conte system didn't suit him, Ange's system doesn't suit him in either the CF or LWF role so what does?

We are making all these excuses to hide from the truth. He's simply not up to standard. That's really it, I like his hustle I appreciate his hard work but everything else about his game is not up to spec. Even yesterday I said in the first half he was our best attacker and I'll stand by that but it wasn't because he was playing particularly well it's because he was putting in the same below standard performance but every other attacker was just as bad or worse.

Let's laugh at his jokes and memes, let's appreciate the togetherness he adds but let's not pretend that he has not been a total failure and is simply not good enough.

That's just the truth.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

"Maybe the manager is still picking him because he believes that will help his confidence" - Am I still misreading that? It's arguably true for every player if we're being pedantic.

Ange (or poundland Poch as you labelled him, top work there) is picking Richy because of what he brings to the team, it's not being done out of kindness. You could argue it's to do with injuries and we'll never know as it's a hypothetical but I do reckon he'd still be starting even if Manor and Perisic were available.

I probably do agree that he is probably the most upgradable but it's also not easy to find players who would work as hard and contribute to the press like Richy does.

As for him being subbed, that's just using the squad well which I appreciate we may not be used to as Spurs fans! For me it's an ideal set up to have Richarlison starting and then Johnson to come on for the last half hour, two totally different threats to have to deal with, the physicality/ Aerial threat of Richy then the pace of Brennan running at tired legs that may be chasing the game. I predict things will continue like that for a while but we'll see.

I don’t even think his overall play has been that bad, just not up to the standard we need. I’m sure he will get plenty of opportunities to prove himself. But I’m not looking forward to the prospect of him leading the line whilst Son is away with South Korea in January.

I think he has not been as poor as some fans say, i agree he has not set the place alight so far but he has ability and i really hope he gets the chance to prove it.
He's had plenty of time. He can't prove it because he doesn't have it. Did you watch much of him at Everton? There isn't a hidden top class player behind the veil. Yes he can play better but even at his best he's not and never has been at the standard we require.

He's had plenty of time. He can't prove it because he doesn't have it. Did you watch much of him at Everton? There isn't a hidden top class player behind the veil. Yes he can play better but even at his best he's not and never has been at the standard we require.

Only watched him at Everton when we played them so no not much, i agree he has not been as good as we all wanted but then again i do not think he has been as bad as others try to make out. At the end of the day Stop! Hammer time. we will see. The truth is most fans will always have a player who they think is the weak link ( not saying he is yours) that is just human nature.

I don't quite agree. He's a streaky player. He will have a run of 10 games where he gets 8 goals at some point. The idea hopefully is that his work rate coupled with a change of fortune will bring goals.

Only watched him at Everton when we played them so no not much, i agree he has not been as good as we all wanted but then again i do not think he has been as bad as others try to make out. At the end of the day Stop! Hammer time. we will see. The truth is most fans will always have a player who they think is the weak link ( not saying he is yours) that is just human nature.

You have to always keep improving your team. Emirates Marketing Project just won the treble and they didn’t stand still, they went out and signed Gvardiol and Doku. There isn’t an immediately obvious area of the starting eleven that needs upgrading besides Richarlison’s position and possibly Kulu but Kulu does have more credit in the bank, I think he’s struggled since he came back from injuries.

I don't quite agree. He's a streaky player. He will have a run of 10 games where he gets 8 goals at some point. The idea hopefully is that his work rate coupled with a change of fortune will bring goals.

Based on what? Did he ever have that kind of purple patch at Everton or Watford? He is getting chances, he’s just not putting them away.

You have to always keep improving your team. Emirates Marketing Project just won the treble and they didn’t stand still, they went out and signed Gvardiol and Doku. There isn’t an immediately obvious area of the starting eleven that needs upgrading besides Richarlison’s position and possibly Kulu but Kulu does have more credit in the bank, I think he’s struggled since he came back from injuries.

I do agree all teams should be looking at improving their squad ( I would hope that we do that in Jan or in the summer), however we have what we have now and as i said earlier most fans ( of all teams) will think they have players that need upgrading. City are about the only side whose fans seem happy with what they have. I just think Richie is not as good as we hoped but then again he is not as bad as some fans believe.

Not to take it too far off topic but I do feel like focusing on just the starting XI is a tad slanted, Richy has done well in the left (without hitting top form) and will be needed at CF and we've got plenty of forward options albeit two with long term injuries.

CB is the high risk area where there's no suitable back up, we've literally got a 50m wide forward in Johnson on the bench, Gill not cheap either but also plenty of potential. The idea of spending big money to attempt to upgrade on Richy would be a bit nuts imo, It's not really the main priority (or at least it's not in my view).

Personally I don’t see what the big deal is.

He’s a squad player that can fill in and do a job in case of injuries. There have been injuries in that position and he’s filled in and done a job. 4 goal contributions in 10 games. In terms of minutes played that’s actually 6 games.

He’s fine as a squad option. He’ll be back on the bench once injuries clear up.

"Maybe the manager is still picking him because he believes that will help his confidence" - Am I still misreading that? It's arguably true for every player if we're being pedantic.

Ange (or poundland Poch as you labelled him, top work there) is picking Richy because of what he brings to the team, it's not being done out of kindness. You could argue it's to do with injuries and we'll never know as it's a hypothetical but I do reckon he'd still be starting even if Manor and Perisic were available.
Quote the rest of the post. Richarlison is beneficial to us in form.

If Ange thinks that Richarlison needs to play to get his confidence and form back, then it makes sense to play him despite there being (currently) better options.

My position on our manager remains the same. He does and says all the right things, but he hasn't achieved anything yet. The signs are very promising, but he's only ever managed 1/4 of a season in a big boy league.

Quote the rest of the post. Richarlison is beneficial to us in form.

If Ange thinks that Richarlison needs to play to get his confidence and form back, then it makes sense to play him despite there being (currently) better options.

My position on our manager remains the same. He does and says all the right things, but he hasn't achieved anything yet. The signs are very promising, but he's only ever managed 1/4 of a season in a big boy league.

Sometimes just admitting you were wrong about something is easier than squirming prevarication but I appreciate the habit is probably too far bedded in to change.

Richy's beneficial to us even if he's not scoring, otherwise he wouldn't be getting selected, so what have I misread?

Not to take it too far off topic but I do feel like focusing on just the starting XI is a tad slanted, Richy has done well in the left (without hitting top form) and will be needed at CF and we've got plenty of forward options albeit two with long term injuries.

CB is the high risk area where there's no suitable back up, we've literally got a 50m wide forward in Johnson on the bench, Gill not cheap either but also plenty of potential. The idea of spending big money to attempt to upgrade on Richy would be a bit nuts imo, It's not really the main priority (or at least it's not in my view).

Oh for sure, I agree CB backup should be the priority in the next window. I wouldn’t even advocate selling Richarlison or upgrading on him in January (although another forward who can get goals wouldn’t go amiss) but if he continues in this vein of form I’d like to see Johnson get the majority of the game time in the LWF position.

City are weaker now though as they lost a LOT of goals and creativity which imo they haven’t replaced
They signed Gvardiol who is solid so far… hasn’t been amazing yet
Doku who has had some top games
And the CM from Wolves and Kovacic who have both not met the standards of the player they were replacing
Add in that none of these signings will give them the 26 goals that mahrez and Gungodan contributed and you can see where their lacking of you stop the supply lines
I know that is going off topic of course but strengthening is making your squad stronger. IMO they are weaker by about 5%

In some ways we need to forget about his cost

- If he does a job, willing to be part of the squad and he rotates with Solomon/Johnson and allows a fair amount of cover, great

What was discussed on the other (squad) thread is we can't have next season where Solomon, Johnson, Richi are all playing LW with no obvious first choice (i.e. no one has claimed the spot for their own)
We shouldn't forget his cost before it is too late and his value drops significantly.

We've done it before... Sell Kane to fund other positions. Selling Richy is almost no risk in dropping quality to me

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Sometimes just admitting you were wrong about something is easier than squirming prevarication but I appreciate the habit is probably too far bedded in to change.

Richy's beneficial to us even if he's not scoring, otherwise he wouldn't be getting selected, so what have I misread?
Richi is beneficial to us on form. On his current form, him being in the team worsens our chances of winning compared to having someone like Johnson there.

But if the manager thinks that Richarlison can play himself into form, then (on form) he could be a better player than the alternatives.

It's really not that complicated, even for you.

Richi is beneficial to us on form. On his current form, him being in the team worsens our chances of winning compared to having someone like Johnson there.

But if the manager thinks that Richarlison can play himself into form, then (on form) he could be a better player than the alternatives.

It's really not that complicated, even for you.

As I've already said, if that notion helps you make sense of a player being picked that you just don't like them so beit. And nothing I said contradicted it but the Johnson point is just silly, the suggestion that Ange is actively picking a team less likely to win as a gamble of giving more confidence to a player out of form (out of goal scoring form anyway). No doubt Ange would have a chuckle at that and also the poundland Poch label, plus your views on his career pre us, please keep the comedy coming, I'm a big fan of people who are unintentionally hilarious whilst also attempting to be condescending as a defense mechanism - Good chat!

As I've already said, if that notion helps you make sense of a player being picked that you just don't like them so beit. And nothing I said contradicted it but the Johnson point is just silly, the suggestion that Ange is actively picking a team less likely to win as a gamble of giving more confidence to a player out of form (out of goal scoring form anyway). No doubt Ange would have a chuckle at that and also the poundland Poch label, plus your views on his career pre us, please keep the comedy coming, I'm a big fan of people who are unintentionally hilarious whilst also attempting to be condescending as a defense mechanism - Good chat!
You don't think managers try and play players into form? It happens all the time.

As for Ange, he's achieved nothing. He's done very well so far, but if it all fell apart next week, he'd barely be a footnote in the history of the club. He's a far more significant manager now than he was a few months ago as he's held a real job, but he's still only had 10 matches in a real job.

Got more goal contributions this season than Kulu and has played a lot less minutes than him aswell. Clearly being shaped up to be the spacegoat, off the ball he is working his socks off and was 1 of our best players in that first half against Palace off of the ball. What happened to all this "as long as they give it their all then we are happy" talk we have heard time and time again over the years?

Back