• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

As a striker?
I don't mind him in the squad as a back up player at LWF, but Solomon is ahead of him and Johnson should offer more if we decide he play him there. It's the only position still up for grabs. (In CM, Bentancur will need to prove he displace someone. Although Dec and Jan will need rotation anyway)

Striker or LWF. I don’t see him as a starter long term in either position.

I love Kulu, I'm a massive fan of his but you're right. Ultimately we are gonna need more goal return from him also. Whether that's scoring himself or directly creating for others. Our attack is relatively speaking the weakest part of the side and the area that you could most obviously improve.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Seems harsh to say that but I have to agree. When you consider how Ange has transformed the midfield and the back five (goalie included) seem more solid, the attack is the one area on the pitch that we could improve the quickest.

Thought he was effective yesterday, not really integrated to the team or style of play but as a stand alone player he was good and dangerous. Not sure he's ever one to fit entirely into a team's system.

Thought he worked his socks off, and he got a good, clever assist. He was unlucky with a couple of shots that could have been goals on another day, but I thought his crossing of the ball was very hit and hope, and ultimately poor. Looks like he's trying too hard to me.

He does work hard. Son and Maddison also work hard and press the opposition, a lot of our goals this season have come from winning the back back high up the pitch so I don’t think Richarlison is alone when it comes to pressing from the front. I’m sure Johnson can/will do that if he gets a run in the side. I really like Kulu but I’d say goals is the one thing he also needs to work on. Not sure we can have two forwards who contribute less than 10 league goals in a season in the team at the same time.
Whoever is selected will do that...they have no choice.

Y'know, one thing the opposition have to consider is that Richarlison looks like a very hungry player. Hungry for a goal or three to get his season going. He presses with a good deal of intensity and pace and rival defenders are aware of that. They also have to wonder if he's a little bit too intense, the kind that might get frustrated and go in too hard. Leave a mark or worse. It's something that can prompt them to play just that little bit quicker. And boom. We pounce on a forced error, attack and score.

Might not have totally happened yet, but I can see how it could.

Thought he was effective yesterday, not really integrated to the team or style of play but as a stand alone player he was good and dangerous. Not sure he's ever one to fit entirely into a team's system.

If he was clinical with his finishing he would fit very well into the striker role in this system.

Unfortunately he's probably never going to be clinical. But very few teams have a backup striker better than him imo. And he can do a good job on the left too. Very valuable player to have.

Seems harsh to say that but I have to agree. When you consider how Ange has transformed the midfield and the back five (goalie included) seem more solid, the attack is the one area on the pitch that we could improve the quickest.

I think I agree.

Also the area where we last game (and several other games) saw no new players compared to last season starting.

Will be interesting to see if one of Johnson, Solomon or Gil can step up.

We'll find out extremely difficult to improve on Son or Kulusevski imo. But so far the left role looks like one we could improve on. But still plenty of time until January for someone to change that.

Like Hojberg he's definitely good enough to be a squad player for us. We need playees that come in at their level. Whether those two would be happy with such roles is another question.

Without watching the game back and going by what I felt at the game I thought he was poor - seemed to lose possession cheaply the majority of the time the ball came his way

I think that's a bit harsh. Thought he was mostly useful with the ball.

I guess it depends who you compare him to. I don't have very high expectations for him at left wing and that my influence my opinion. I thought Kulusevski was significantly better.

If the standard of comparison is someone we think would be more or less undroppable at left wing for us, yeah. He's not that. So far at least.

Very expensive squad player so farband very good cover for Solomon!

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

In some ways we need to forget about his cost

- If he does a job, willing to be part of the squad and he rotates with Solomon/Johnson and allows a fair amount of cover, great

What was discussed on the other (squad) thread is we can't have next season where Solomon, Johnson, Richi are all playing LW with no obvious first choice (i.e. no one has claimed the spot for their own)

Thought he worked his socks off, and he got a good, clever assist. He was unlucky with a couple of shots that could have been goals on another day, but I thought his crossing of the ball was very hit and hope, and ultimately poor. Looks like he's trying too hard to me.
He put in a couple of great crosses, one across the face of the goal that Kulu was too slow to get on the end of for an easy chance.

In some ways we need to forget about his cost

- If he does a job, willing to be part of the squad and he rotates with Solomon/Johnson and allows a fair amount of cover, great

What was discussed on the other (squad) thread is we can't have next season where Solomon, Johnson, Richi are all playing LW with no obvious first choice (i.e. no one has claimed the spot for their own)

Both Richarlison and Johnson are versatile enough to play other positions than just LW. There's a good video clip on youtube of Johnson's goals and assists for Forest and he's scoring and playmaking from all sorts of areas. I think that's one reason he was brought in. Richarlison has played different roles for both Everton and Brazil. Whether for club or country, I've only ever seen Solomon on the left.

Playing the intense pressing style Ange wants means fatigue will be a factor, be it within a game or over a longer period of time. Injuries are bound to occur. Having bench strength with positional versatility that can maintain the style and pace Ange wants from his frontmen will be crucial. And having continuity and understanding of the system will be needed if we are playing CL next season. There'll be minutes aplenty for all.

I think that's a bit harsh. Thought he was mostly useful with the ball.

I guess it depends who you compare him to. I don't have very high expectations for him at left wing and that my influence my opinion. I thought Kulusevski was significantly better.

If the standard of comparison is someone we think would be more or less undroppable at left wing for us, yeah. He's not that. So far at least.

I don't have high expectations for him but I do have reasonable expectations for the player playing that position and role. I'm not going to just forget what I think is needed because the player we have now isn't up to the task.

If we want success we are going to need that kind of undroppable player in that role in the same way that Son became undroppable due to performances and results. I appreciate that he works hard, but working hard alone isn't going to be enough.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

He put in a couple of great crosses, one across the face of the goal that Kulu was too slow to get on the end of for an easy chance.
Having just watched extended highlights of the first half he was very involved. Also when he slid a through ball inside contested area for Udogie to be up against the keeper....

Back