• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

I hold my hands up and say i was not that happy when i heard we were in for him, thought he was a sulking SOB but he has been a stand out so far, happy to be proven wrong

Fair play mate. We’ve all got it wrong with players over the decades, all of us. Delighted with him and was hopeful he would deliver what he has been delivering. That volley yesterday was fantastic.

Was more gutted Richarlison couldn’t get off the mark. He’s deserved it way more than Son, and the celebration when he thought he scores showed how much it will mean to him. He’s going to score a shed load for us, and will be a real fan favourite….

I’d be reluctant to use words like ‘deserved’ against Son. Bloke has been through a brick wall for us, never ever stops trying, and committed his future to us when others weren’t so sure. I for one will be off my seat when Son breaks his duck for this season as you can see how badly he wants it.

I’d be reluctant to use words like ‘deserved’ against Son. Bloke has been through a brick wall for us, never ever stops trying, and committed his future to us when others weren’t so sure. I for one will be off my seat when Son breaks his duck for this season as you can see how badly he wants it.
Sonny has plenty of money in the bank. Regardless, I think Richarlison has done enough to start in his place for a game or two -- with Sonny coming on with half an hour left for him, Kane or Kulu. It's great to have that option.

I hold my hands up and say i was not that happy when i heard we were in for him, thought he was a sulking SOB but he has been a stand out so far, happy to be proven wrong
I'm in the same boat more or less... not exactly unhappy but a bit disappointed and underwhelmed, but it turns out I was completely wrong about him. Even the price seemed a bit steep at the time but so far, he's justified it. The guy is very lively and is ALWAYS playing the game even after the ref blows the whistle.

I'm in the same boat more or less... not exactly unhappy but a bit disappointed and underwhelmed, but it turns out I was completely wrong about him. Even the price seemed a bit steep at the time but so far, he's justified it. The guy is very lively and is ALWAYS playing the game even after the ref blows the whistle.

The price is only steep if he loses value. He's 25, if he carries on the way he has we could sell him at 28/29 and get a chunk of that £50m back. His wages aren't that high that it would put off buyers. At least from prem clubs and big clubs in europe.

The risk lies when you have an ndombele or dele where their attitude sees their value drops significantly. It's partly why paratici and conte have talked about the mentality being as/if not more important than ability. Conte has talked often about how we cannot afford more mistakes in the transfer market. That will sometimes mean not going for players fans want or holding off for the right player to be available.

Yep. We’ve not stood in his way when he’s wanted to play for South Korea and he hasn’t agitated for a move at a time when we weren’t challenging. No one has tested our resolve but I suspect that’s because people know he is happy here.

Same here. I always had him down as a decent player, no more, no less. Good enough for mid-table but not as a starter in a side with top 4 aspirations.

But he brings incredible energy to the attack, with enough skill and intelligence to be more than just an annoyance. I remember Kane playing with that energy -- always on the keeper, never giving the CBs a moment's rest. It seems a long time ago, probably because it was.

Over the season, being able to rotate Kane, Son and Kulu, as well as covering for minor injuries, will be absolutely immense.

I was heartened by the fact that not a single Everton fan online has a bad word to say about him. So many of them intimated that it is only after he joins us that we will appreciate how hard he works, and it is true. I mean when you think about it he must have had something about him as he was starting on a regular basis for Brazil.

By the way, I never realised he was that fast, the way he tracks back with pace, wins the ball and then starts off an attack is a joy to behold

Yep saw it against fulham. Was worried if he did cover son we'd lack pace upfront. But charlie does seem quick.

If I am honest, the only thing I was a little concerned about was that he had not scored more than 15 goals in a season. And it was not that I did not want him but rather concerned that we had overpaid for him, £60m. But this is money well spent believe you me

If I am honest, the only thing I was a little concerned about was that he had not scored more than 15 goals in a season. And it was not that I did not want him but rather concerned that we had overpaid for him, £60m. But this is money well spent believe you me
Yeah, but who did he have supporting him in attack? He had to scrape for all the goals he scored. With Kane, Deki, and Perisic he will get many more chances than he did at Everton. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended the season with 20 goals across all comps.

Back