• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

What position do we reckon he was playing last night?
I've heard that was on the right, and son on the left would anyone agree with that?
From what I saw Harry was playing deep, so who was supposed to be in the middle?
All 3 of them changed/rotated positions throughout the game.

What position do we reckon he was playing last night?
I've heard that was on the right, and son on the left would anyone agree with that?
From what I saw Harry was playing deep, so who was supposed to be in the middle?
Here are some heatmaps for Richarlison, Son and Kane to get a better sense of their positioning throughout the match.
d2a8069501575fadafe3a5a5536d8691.png

11abe3c9fc8e006bbecdbd8c67ed2c8a.png

965ef25cd6f08a7d5a43b99444b055c0.png

Seems like Richarlison was the one furthest forward with both Son and Kane deeper. Even Royal spent a lot of time in the box, and he spent a lot more time in the opposition half than our own it seems. Perisic was more even when it came to his positioning.

Here are some heatmaps for Richarlison, Son and Kane to get a better sense of their positioning throughout the match.
d2a8069501575fadafe3a5a5536d8691.png

11abe3c9fc8e006bbecdbd8c67ed2c8a.png

965ef25cd6f08a7d5a43b99444b055c0.png

Seems like Richarlison was the one furthest forward with both Son and Kane deeper. Even Royal spent a lot of time in the box, and he spent a lot more time in the opposition half than our own it seems. Perisic was more even when it came to his positioning.

Seems he did spend a fair bit of time out right, but was mainly in the centre, and harry was deeper. All of which makes sense to me, he was more out right than i realised but he wasn't predominantly out right.
Cheers

All 3 of them changed/rotated positions throughout the game.

That's what i would expect, and I certainly think Richarlison and harry did but i wasn't sure about son. @papaspur heat maps would agree, although my impression was that son came further inside more than they show.
Don’t always trust what you think you see during the game i suppose.

don't see a system or understanding between our strikers and the one between son and kane seems to have evaporated.
in the lisbon game there were two juicy crosses from perisic and royal but our strikers were no where near.

don't see a system or understanding between our strikers and the one between son and kane seems to have evaporated.
in the lisbon game there were two juicy crosses from perisic and royal but our strikers were no where near.

It also appears teams are adapting to their threat. We've seen Marseille stick close to Kane and shut him down when he tried to drop deep and then other sides like Sporting sat deep on the counter so there was no real possibility of through balls for Son etc.

We need to improve and adapt. You are right though, on those occasions when we did get crosses in we need to get bodies attacking them

Playing 3 strikers doesn't lead to more goals.
It's like when a team is desperate with 5 minutes to go, so they throw on several strikers but it doesn't mean the team plays better and doesn't mean goals unless the delivery to them is good.
That is why Deki is important, he is a delivery guy.

Playing 3 strikers doesn't lead to more goals.
It's like when a team is desperate with 5 minutes to go, so they throw on several strikers but it doesn't mean the team plays better and doesn't mean goals unless the delivery to them is good.
That is why Deki is important, he is a delivery guy.

In the Fulham game after we replaced Kane with Kulusevski, how were we attacking-wise? Were we better going forwards in terms of creating good chances?

Great to see Richys value increasing with goals in the CL and Brazil national team. Looks to me that we've got Kane covered should he leave.

No matter what Brazil generation they always seem to be having fun and look free on the pitch. Such a tragic difference to the England team who no matter how good the players are, always seem to have the weight of the world on their shoulders…..

Is Richarlison Brazil's full time number 9? Or just for this friendly?
Feels a bit like it's up for grabs with Richi, Firmino, Gabriel Jesus and maybe Barbosa as an outside bet.
This being Brazil of course, any of those would be good but can also play in a non no.9 role.
And it gives them loads of rotation options.
Oh, and Neymar could probably do a job

Oh course they all have to get ahead of the man, the legend, the Damaio.

Back