• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Wigan

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Friedel 5

Walker 5
Gallas 7
Caulker 6
Vertonghen 7

Lennon 6
Huddlestone 6
Sandro 5
Bale 5

Dempsey 4
Defoe 4

Subs
Sig 5
Adebayor 5
Carrol 6

I thought Hudd did ok, would have been a good performance had all the others around him been playing. Caulker had a couple of good moments. The rest was brick.

Although I did lose interest in the game so wasnt paying attention a lot of it. The result, performance, subs and style of play lead me to give AVB a very generous 1 out of 10.

Friedel- 6

Walker - 5
Caulker - 6
Gallas- 6.5
Vertonghen - 6

Lennon - 5.5
Sig - 6
Huddlestone- 5.5
Bale - 6.25

Dempsey - 4
Defoe - 4

Last edited:
Friedel 5 odd to sign one of the best keepers in europe and not play him, weird mind games by avb that is not working now

Walker 5 im a fan of his but GHod why cant avb see he needs taking out the lime light and given a chance to improve in reserve games on his form.
Caulker 6 not bad not great decent tacklers
Gallas 6 again did alright and a lot better then at the start of the season
Vertonghen 6 nothing special going forward but looks solid

Lennon 5 poor game by him but he was not given a lot of the ball, thought he would have ripped wigan a new one the way he has been playing
Huddlestone 6 some ok passes but he does dictate play and he has not become the player i thought he would, a couple of sexy passes a match does not cut it.
sandro 7 love him shame he had to go off injured
Bale 6.5 Lots of effort from him, which he spent that much time working on his right foot in trainning, our most dangerous player.

Dempsey 1 the is nothing there, im a mature man, most of the time. If he wants to play football then i will change my opinon on him, right now he looks like he came for the wage jump. waste of space.
Defoe 4 not a lone striker, playing of crouch or kanoute he would get 20 goals a season, was awful today but not sure it is his fault or the coach.

subs
sig 4 expected more of him after swansea last year, not working for him at the moment.
Ade 7 as soon as he came on he was in the right areas looking for the ball, he offers our midfielders a better outlet then defoe.
Carroll 5.5 did not do a lot but looks like he wants to keep hold of the ball.

Friedel- 5.5

Walker - 5.5
Caulker - 6
Gallas- 6
Vertonghen - 6.5

Lennon - 6
Sandro - 6
Huddlestone- 6
Bale - 6.5

Dempsey - 5
Defoe - 5.5

Sig - 5.5
Ade - 6

Friedel - 5. Made some good stops, but his adherence to the line led to their goal.

Walker - 5. A better defensive performance than many of his past outings, but was non-existent in the attacking third. Can't have everything, I suppose.
Gallas - 6. Marshalled the back-line well.
Caulker- 6.5. Good at set-pieces at both ends, solid at the back.
Vertonghen - 6.5. See above.

Lennon - 5.5. Faded in and out of the game, never got going.
Bale - 5.5. See above.
Huddlestone - 4.5. What do you expect when he gets tasked with Sandro's role.
Sandro - 6. Was doing reasonably well when he came off.

Dempsey - 3.5. Worst performance yet. Come January, a creative player to take up his place is desperately, desperately needed.
Defoe - 5. Tried, nothing came off.

Subs-

Sigurdsson - 5. Made some interceptions, botched everything else. Needs to improve on his decision making asap.
Ade - 5. Looked like he gave a brick, but appeared rusty.
Carroll - 6. Decent debut.

AVB - 5. Why not Lloris?

Fans - 5. Decent, hope to see continued improvements.

Friedel - 5. Made some good stops, but his adherence to the line led to their goal.

Walker - 5. A better defensive performance than many of his past outings, but was non-existent in the attacking third. Can't have everything, I suppose.
Gallas - 6. Marshalled the back-line well.
Caulker- 6.5. Good at set-pieces at both ends, solid at the back.
Vertonghen - 6.5. See above.

Lennon - 5.5. Faded in and out of the game, never got going.
Bale - 5.5. See above.
Huddlestone - 4.5. What do you expect when he gets tasked with Sandro's role.
Sandro - 6. Was doing reasonably well when he came off.

Dempsey - 3.5. Worst performance yet. Come January, a creative player to take up his place is desperately, desperately needed.
Defoe - 5. Tried, nothing came off.

Subs-

Sigurdsson - 5. Made some interceptions, botched everything else. Needs to improve on his decision making asap.
Ade - 5. Looked like he gave a brick, but appeared rusty.
Carroll - 6. Decent debut.

AVB - 5. Why not Lloris?

Fans - 5. Decent, hope to see continued improvements.
The fans were so quiet in the game, not the type I am familiar with

Someone above posted that the crowd were decent. I thought there was zero atmosphere. Did not hear the crowd get behind the players at all today.

Back