• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Wigan

Someone above posted that the crowd were decent. I thought there was zero atmosphere. Did not hear the crowd get behind the players at all today.

Again, positive encouragement. I heard them ,which is a massive improvement over the previous horror-shows. IT might have only been down to Wigan bringing two men and their dogs as away support, but still ,it's a start. I don't expect a roaring cauldron of passion, just some signing and a bit of heart.

Instead of whining about the atmosphere how about actually going yourself and adding to it! fudge sake joke. I was at game it was crap performance I'm now enjoying myself with a few mates in boozer fudging try it some time instead of just bitching like little Kids second we don't win a game our modern fans are pathetic we ain't arsenal city or Chelsea get over it peace out have a nice weekend bitches

Instead of whining about the atmosphere how about actually going yourself and adding to it! fudge sake joke. I was at game it was crap performance I'm now enjoying myself with a few mates in boozer fudging try it some time instead of just bitching like little Kids second we don't win a game our modern fans are pathetic we ain't arsenal city or Chelsea get over it peace out have a nice weekend bitches

I did watch it at a pub. In Canada. When I earn enough money to be able to afford a trip to London, rest assured I'll go there. Until then, the best I can do is encourage people on internet forums.

I thought Bale played well, he actually makes things happen. I think we expect so much from him now we underrate his performances. He almost always does more than Lennon.

Just back from the game. Worst performance i saw live.

Friedel 4 Terrible, fudges up for the goal and unable to pass the ball to a team mate. Too slow.

Walker 4 Poor going forward, beaten easily at the back

Gallas 5 Solid in the first half

Caulker 5 Struggled with Kone

Vertonghen 5 Better than most, looked like he wanted to play at least

Lennon 4 Poor technically, play him away on the break but useless at home

Huddlestone 3 Too slow, did nothing apart from passing it back to Friedel

Sandro 5 Was fine while he was on

Bale 5 Did not want to play today, but a couple of good moves at the end because he can play when he decides to

Dempsey 3 Awful, just awful

Defoe 4 No service, and when we needed him AVB decide to take him off

Ade 4 Not good, not sure he wants to play for AVB
Sigurdsson 3 Very very poor
Caroll- Why did he come on?

AVB- 2 Why friedel, why no ade, why defoe off? tinkling everyone off with his 451, Dempsey cant play there and Huddlestone is unfit.

At the end of the day, forget about the selection and all that, the squad is technically inferior to most and apart from Bale, we just havent got that many good footballers.

Friedel - 5. Made some good stops, but his adherence to the line led to their goal

Walker - 5. A better defensive performance than many of his past outings, but was non-existent in the attacking third. Can't have everything, I suppose.
Gallas - 6. Marshalled the back-line well.
Caulker- 6.5. Good at set-pieces at both ends, solid at the back.
Vertonghen - 6.5. See above.

Lennon - 5.5. Faded in and out of the game, never got going.
Bale - 5.5. See above.
Huddlestone - 4.5. What do you expect when he gets tasked with Sandro's role.
Sandro - 6. Was doing reasonably well when he came off.

Dempsey - 3.5. Worst performance yet. Come January, a creative player to take up his place is desperately, desperately needed.
Defoe - 5. Tried, nothing came off.

Subs-

Sigurdsson - 5. Made some interceptions, botched everything else. Needs to improve on his decision making asap.
Ade - 5. Looked like he gave a brick, but appeared rusty.
Carroll - 6. Decent debut.

AVB - 5. Why not Lloris?

Fans - 5. Decent, hope to see continued improvements.

if he wasn't on the line the corner would have gone straight in.

his positioning wasn't the problem, it was the fact the he didn't get enough on the flap.

Poor performances all over the pitch.
Bale looked like our only threat again.

Hope our injured players can get back fit soon.

Just back from the game. Worst performance i saw live.

Friedel 4 Terrible, fudges up for the goal and unable to pass the ball to a team mate. Too slow.

Walker 4 Poor going forward, beaten easily at the back

Gallas 5 Solid in the first half

Caulker 5 Struggled with Kone

Vertonghen 5 Better than most, looked like he wanted to play at least

Lennon 4 Poor technically, play him away on the break but useless at home

Huddlestone 3 Too slow, did nothing apart from passing it back to Friedel

Sandro 5 Was fine while he was on

Bale 5 Did not want to play today, but a couple of good moves at the end because he can play when he decides to

Dempsey 3 Awful, just awful

Defoe 4 No service, and when we needed him AVB decide to take him off

Ade 4 Not good, not sure he wants to play for AVB
Sigurdsson 3 Very very poor
Caroll- Why did he come on?

AVB- 2 Why friedel, why no ade, why defoe off? tinkling everyone off with his 451, Dempsey cant play there and Huddlestone is unfit.

At the end of the day, forget about the selection and all that, the squad is technically inferior to most and apart from Bale, we just havent got that many good footballers.

I always look to take something positive out of a game, but I can't this afternoon. Charlie, I cannot disagree with anything you said.

I thought Bale played well, he actually makes things happen. I think we expect so much from him now we underrate his performances. He almost always does more than Lennon.

not that hard actually.....Lennon is so fcuking annoying.id drop him and play Bale in a free role in behind Ade and Defoe

Fredel - 7 MOM Kept us in the game in the first half with two stellar saves. May have been partially at fault for goal.
Walker - 5 No attacking threat at all today and shaky as usual defensively
Gallas - 6 Made a couple of important stops but also guilty of mistakes
Caulker - 6 A couple of decent headers at both ends
Verts - 6 Better going forward - decent snap shot and headed over bar. Had our two best chances. Says it all.
Hudd - 4 Looks too sluggish (still) and slows the play down too much
Sandro 6 Ok when on pitch - but both he and Hudd play too deep in this formation at home
Lennon - 5 Completely marginalised. Couldnt find space. No link up with Walker. Didnt take his man on once after he had been booked.
Dempsey - 3 Looks completely out of his depth and doesnt seem to understand his role
Bale - 6 Not up to his best. Maybe too many sleepless nights
Defoe 4 - No running off the ball at all. Really doesnt stretch defences as a single striker must.

Ade 5 Tried hard but clearly not match fit at the moment
Sig 4 He and Dempsey just cant seem to be able to play together in the same team. Both are passengers in this formation.
Carroll 5 Didnt have time to impose himself. A few loose passes

AVB - 1 (and that is generous). A really poor performance from him. Set the team up wrong from the start. Taking Defoe off when we needed a goal was just plain daft. Persisting with two DMs at home is just boring the pants off supporters and contributing to the lack of atmosphere at the Lane. There was just no excitement today at all - it was like watching paint dry. Boring as Hell.

I called for a strong last ten minutes today for a change - but we were poor right from the start. At halftime, everyone said it couldnt get worse. Somehow it did. AVB must get a grip soon because the manner of the performances at the Lane this season have been woeful.

Dempsey & Sigurdsson was like playing with 9 men

Thats our real problem this season. These two have been awful so far this season yet at least one of them plays every game because they are the two main two options which we have for the central man in the '3' of AVB's 4-2-3-1 formation. Given AVB's wont play 4-4-2 we need to consider someone else for that position....maybe Thudd?

Thats our real problem this season. These two have been awful so far this season yet at least one of them plays every game because they are the two main two options which we have for the central man in the '3' of AVB's 4-2-3-1 formation. Given AVB's wont play 4-4-2 we need to consider someone else for that position....maybe Thudd?

How about Falque?

Fredel - 7 MOM Kept us in the game in the first half with two stellar saves. May have been partially at fault for goal.
Walker - 5 No attacking threat at all today and shaky as usual defensively
Gallas - 6 Made a couple of important stops but also guilty of mistakes
Caulker - 6 A couple of decent headers at both ends
Verts - 6 Better going forward - decent snap shot and headed over bar. Had our two best chances. Says it all.
Hudd - 4 Looks too sluggish (still) and slows the play down too much
Sandro 6 Ok when on pitch - but both he and Hudd play too deep in this formation at home
Lennon - 5 Completely marginalised. Couldnt find space. No link up with Walker. Didnt take his man on once after he had been booked.
Dempsey - 3 Looks completely out of his depth and doesnt seem to understand his role
Bale - 6 Not up to his best. Maybe too many sleepless nights
Defoe 4 - No running off the ball at all. Really doesnt stretch defences as a single striker must.

Ade 5 Tried hard but clearly not match fit at the moment
Sig 4 He and Dempsey just cant seem to be able to play together in the same team. Both are passengers in this formation.
Carroll 5 Didnt have time to impose himself. A few loose passes

AVB - 1 (and that is generous). A really poor performance from him. Set the team up wrong from the start. Taking Defoe off when we needed a goal was just plain daft. Persisting with two DMs at home is just boring the pants off supporters and contributing to the lack of atmosphere at the Lane. There was just no excitement today at all - it was like watching paint dry. Boring as Hell.

I called for a strong last ten minutes today for a change - but we were poor right from the start. At halftime, everyone said it couldnt get worse. Somehow it did. AVB must get a grip soon because the manner of the performances at the Lane this season have been woeful.

I don't agree with much of the above but I can thoroughly agree with you and other punters at the ground who demand entertainment.

I don't agree with much of the above but I can thoroughly agree with you and other punters at the ground who demand entertainment.

This all emanates from the manager being positive.

Setting out the team as he does at home and playing so deep and bringing everyone back for corners and freekicks is the main problem. It sends out the wrong message to players and gives every encouragement to the opponents.

Friedel - 5 Poor for their goal. I'm a big fan, but we need Lloris in goal like yesterday!

Walker - 5 Really looks like he's lacking in confidence. Criminal positioning when Maloney went clean through and was playing him onside! Offered nothing going forward.
Gallas - 6 A few important tackles, but so so.
Caulker - 6 Ok
Vertonghen - 6 Good going forward, poor defensively. Proabably MOM but that's not saying much.

Lennon - 6 Couldn't really get in the game.
Sandro - 6 Typical performance. Will miss him if injured.
Hudd - 5 Poor set pieces, far too slow to cut it at this level I'm afraid. The rest of his game doesn't compensate for this.
Dempsey - 4 Just looks like he came because he was desperate to get out of Fulham.
Bale - 6 Tried to get at us back into the game on his own at times, didn't get him the ball enough in 1st half.

Defoe - 5 No service whatsover! But he can't play on his own up front.

Sig - 5 Another one lacking in confidence. Tried hard, but nothing he did came off.
Adebayor - 6 Was better than Dempsey!

AVB - 3 He's trying to fit the team into the formation when he really should be fitting the formation around the personnel. Square pegs round holes. Scandalous decision to take Defoe off! I've never seen a home crowd so univerally tinkled off and in complete agreement in frustration at a manager's substitution, and this includes Graham taking Ginola off on occasions when he bossed it!

We've struggled to beat the lesser teams at home for years now. The main reason IMO is a lack of top quality forward. As good as Ade and Defoe are, they are not the answer. We all know we need a striker in the window, but we also all know that we won't spend the money to get one. Sorry for the negativity but I'm sick and tired our refusal to go out and spend the money necessary for us to fix these problems.

Brad - 5 - at fault for their goal, poor dustrubution, his 2 saves were shots straight at him. Hope this was enough to convince AVB

Walker - 5 - poor
Gallas - 5 - played like a clogger at times
Caulker - 6 - ok
Verts - 6 - good runs forwars

Lennon - 5 - quiet
Hudd - 4 - pedestrian, kept passinv back to Friedel, zero drive
Sandro - 6 - decent until his injury
Bale - 6.5 - kept trying
Dempsey - 4 - shockorama

Defoe - 4 - invisible

Ade - 6 - some good passes
Sig - 5 - couldnt make a difference

Again, positive encouragement. I heard them ,which is a massive improvement over the previous horror-shows. IT might have only been down to Wigan bringing two men and their dogs as away support, but still ,it's a start. I don't expect a roaring cauldron of passion, just some signing and a bit of heart.

First game I've been to live this season, and the disappointing thing for me about the support was the collective jeering / sighing at a backwards pass after there had only been about 10 minutes.

Back