• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Saints (first half ratings. Second half was an embarrassment)

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Friedel - 5. Flapped a fair bit and was often nowhere near the ball.

Walker - 5. Couple of decent runs forward. Should have scored. Still defensively unsound.
Gallas - 5. Scares the bejeebus out of me whenever the ball goes near him.
Caulker - 6. Decent outing, handled Lambert ok.
Vertonghen - 6. Couple of great blocks, but once again guilty of losing the ball in the oppo half and walking back.

Lennon - 8. Looks on fire at the moment.
Sandro - 7. Ran his gonad*s off and provided some nice passes
Huddlestone - 6. Passing wasn't quite there. Nice cross for Bale's goal though.
Bale - 7. Mixed bag. Great goal and a couple of superb crosses, but went missing occasionally.

Dempsey - 5. Not sure why, I just don't like the guy. Looks like he doesn't give a brick. Doesn't really offer much (yeah I know he got a goal).
Defoe - 4. Didn't have his shooting boots on today.

Friedel 6 not bad game but he needs to command his area better

Walker 5.5 I love the lad and i wish people would remember that young players often have a bad season after a break through year. Needs to be dropped and taken out of the firing line for a bit.
Gallas 4.5 GHod almighty another awful performance from him, would have been a 2 but for a couple of decent last minute blocks, dawson must have fudged avb's wife or something.
Caulker 6 Did ok in parts and tried to play the ball but also went missing at times, especailly at set pieces.
Vertonghen 7 One of our better players but seems a little slow at times.

Lennon 8 If only he could take on the last man more often, if we were playing 442 he would have had a brick load of assists all he has is a wandering defoe to try nd find.
Sandro 8.5 Man of the match, love him hope we can keep a hold of him.
Huddlestone 7 My favourite spurs player of last 15 years but he really has to improve his fitness of the is no future for him here, when his game is not quite on top form he hides away i feel and we can not afford that.
Bale 7.5 Deserves better then us, other players were not on his wave length.

Dempsey 3 Managed to follow up defoes shot but apart from that is a complete waste of space and i get angry seeing him in the team.
Defoe 5 Ran around a lot, but never in the right areas, not sure it is all his fault or if he has been told to do that, he is a poacher nothing mroe and he should stay by the penaalty area.

AVB 2 A half way decent manager would have used todaay to improve goal difference and even put some youngesters on for some game time.

Difficult because some players had Jekyll and Hyde performances.

Friedel 6
Walker 6
Gallas 7
Caulker 6
Verts 6
Lennon 7
Sandro 7
Huddlestone 6
Bale 6
Dempsey 5
Defoe 6

Liverfoul 5

Friedel 6
Walker 6
Gallas 7
Caulker 6
Verts 6
Lennon 7
Sandro 7
Huddlestone 6
Bale 6
Dempsey 6
Defoe 5

Livermore 4

Friedel 6 not bad game but he needs to command his area better

Walker 5.5 I love the lad and i wish people would remember that young players often have a bad season after a break through year. Needs to be dropped and taken out of the firing line for a bit.
Gallas 4.5 GHod almighty another awful performance from him, would have been a 2 but for a couple of decent last minute blocks, dawson must have fudged avb's wife or something.
Caulker 6 Did ok in parts and tried to play the ball but also went missing at times, especailly at set pieces.
Vertonghen 7 One of our better players but seems a little slow at times.

Lennon 8 If only he could take on the last man more often, if we were playing 442 he would have had a brick load of assists all he has is a wandering defoe to try nd find.
Sandro 8.5 Man of the match, love him hope we can keep a hold of him.
Huddlestone 7 My favourite spurs player of last 15 years but he really has to improve his fitness of the is no future for him here, when his game is not quite on top form he hides away i feel and we can not afford that.
Bale 7.5 Deserves better then us, other players were not on his wave length.

Dempsey 3 Managed to follow up defoes shot but apart from that is a complete waste of space and i get angry seeing him in the team.
Defoe 5 Ran around a lot, but never in the right areas, not sure it is all his fault or if he has been told to do that, he is a poacher nothing mroe and he should stay by the penaalty area.

AVB 2 A half way decent manager would have used todaay to improve goal difference and even put some youngesters on for some game time.

must remember not to feed...

oh, and it's than, not then.

Only saw the hightlights on MotD so cant do a rating.

One positive I did notice however was that Lennon and Walker seemed to link up better a few times today.

If Defoe had had his shooting boots on he could have had a hattrick.

Friedel 6 - good game for the old man, has certainly been more adventurous off his line, and distribution better than last game

Walker 6- mixed game but improvement from last game with several inch-perfect crosses, but then a few schoolboy errors again!

Gallas 5.5 - Soton targeted all the high balls at him and he coped well, plus made one or two successful last ditch tackles. But expect that he is the weak link that continues to be exploited by all teams.

Caulker 6 - Showed up all-composed and involved where it matters, without mistakes

Vertonghen 7 - very solid showing again oozing leadership qualities. but seriously needs to show urgency to get back into defence after a failed foray upfield!

Lennon 8 - a new player under AVB, the little man is learning to shift emphasis to "man" this season

Sandro 8 - Man of the match for me too. In a midfield that totally collapsed and couldn't string 2 passes together he continued with good interceptions and tackling. And this for the win :
smooock.gif

Huddlestone 7 - Never more mobile and responsive than in yesterday's game. Good ball control gave him the few milliseconds more that the other guys couldn't get. Oozed class. Another new old player under AVB. And wot a cross for Bale.

Bale 8 - Learnt to stay on his feet despite the very physical Soton tactics. And wot a goal it was.

Dempsey 7 - That goal has Dempsey written all over it - late arrival for the win. We need to play to Dempsey's strength, and AVB has his work cut out for him to blend him in.

Defoe 5 - Definitely improved running into space compared to last season, but do I dare say I am expecting more from a striker in a top 4 club? Maybe just not his day, but he needs to strike the target more often.

AVB 7 - Did the best with what he had, and scored another win at a cursed ground. Another hoodoo chastised and a THFC legend in the making. The future is bright when we have BAE, Dembele and Ade to return.

Last edited:
Really pleased for Hud - showed his class and value to AVB today.

Lennon and Sandro have had been exceptional under AVB. Both seem to have taken to the new manager and have started to put in consistent quality performances.

Bar one weak header Gallas was excellent today. Not sure how long he can keep doing it for. But great to have him around while others are injured.

I don't understand the thread title. Is it suggesting we should only give ratings for the first half?

I don't understand the thread title. Is it suggesting we should only give ratings for the first half?

You can do what you want. My ratings are based on the first half as the thread title suggests, as the second half we were woeful. It would be difficult to rate the two halves as they were totally and utterly opposites.

Sorry it confused you.

Livermore 2

Please send this guy to Swindon or something on loan. Looking forward to getting Parker back.

Brad - 5 - read a few crosses wrong, below average distribution

Walker - 6 - some good runs forward
Caulker - 7 - possibly the best of the 4 yesterday
Gallas - 6 - improvement on last week
Vertonghen - 6 - mixed bag

Lennon - 7 - worked hard
Sandro - 7 - never stopped running
Hudd - 6 - off the pace
Bale - 7 - great goal
Demspey - 6 - tried

Defoe - 4 - shockorama

Livermore - 4 - poor

Brad - 5 - read a few crosses wrong, below average distribution

Walker - 6 - some good runs forward
Caulker - 7 - possibly the best of the 4 yesterday
Gallas - 6 - improvement on last week
Vertonghen - 6 - mixed bag

Lennon - 7 - worked hard
Sandro - 7 - never stopped running
Hudd - 6 - off the pace
Bale - 7 - great goal
Demspey - 6 - tried

Defoe - 4 - shockorama

Livermore - 4 - poor

This. Though I would Give Sandro an 8.
I don't know how to rate Defoe in this game. He ran around a lot, was in the right places but missed about 3 clear chances - not even close to the target.

This. Though I would Give Sandro an 8.
I don't know how to rate Defoe in this game. He ran around a lot, was in the right places but missed about 3 clear chances - not even close to the target.

I'd give him a five. Seven for effort, 3 for chance conversion. Averages out to about a five.

I always get very nervous whenever Livermore plays. He is so clumsy and error prone. Don't know what AVB sees in Livermore, but our midfield instantly turns into shyte whenever Livermore comes in. As soon as Livermore came against Southamption, I just knew we would concede a goal and so it proved. I think AVB did a mistake by replacing Hudd with Livermore. Souhtampton didn't look like scoring until then. Wish Dembele will come back soon.

Friedel 5

Walker 7.5
Gallas 7.5
Caulker 7
Vertonghen 7

Sandro 8
Hudd 6

Lennon 7.5
Dempsey 6.5
Bale 7.5

Defoe 5

Livermore 5.5