• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Lyon

A sitter? Really?

That would have been an incredible goal.

Would have been a great goal, but not because of the finishing.

He was (just) inside the box, on his strongest foot, with a good angle for a shot on goal, options available to him to either put his foot through it on the volley, side foot it like he did or take a touch to bring it down. There wasn't a defender close to him and he could have picked either side of the goal to put the ball in.

I would expect him to score that more often than not.

Agree with this - glorious opportunity. Big Ron would have scored that easy enough and if Bale is aspiring to that level its the sort of chance he needs to put away.

Anyway as poor as we were first half we definitely deserved something out of the game in the second half. Dembele says AVB inspired that second half revival so credit where its due.

He couldve taken Dembele off but he didn't and its paid dividends.

Great to finally see a spurs side fighting right to the death as a team.

fair enough but at least Dembele tried to go forward, all Parker did is slow the game down and go backwards most of the time.

Fair enough, but at least Parker tried to pass forward; all Dembele did was slow the game down and pass backwards most of the time.

Neither had a good game, to be honest, and at one point in the second half I was even hankering after Tom Carroll, or someone who can pick a pass.

AVB - 4

Great to get through the tie but his catching ability left a lot to be desired, marked down severely for that.

avbgkow4.gif

If that was Harry he would have been effing and blinding and threatening the player.

What I don't quite understand is this: if our performances were all so terrible, with several getting 4s and 5s, how come we drew away from home to a top French team?

Maybe we compensated for poor performances by our work rate, by just working working working?

Some of you guys are ludicrously hard on the players and the team - just my humble opinion of course!

Guilty as charged. It was a frustrating night.

This song describes Spurs' performance, in my view.

[video=youtube;ssA2no1WAY4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssA2no1WAY4[/video]

Absolutely the best reggae song of all time about a disgruntled punter moaning about the outsider he backed in a horse race falling but..what has that got to do with Spurs?

Friedel 6 - Looked a bit rusty and was lucky with the clearance he scuffed straight to their player
Benny 4 - Terrible game, had so many opportunities to cross but kept either trying to take the man on and losing it, or running it out of play, or passing backwards. I'm a massive fan but he was rubbish yesterday
Vertonghen 6
Gallas 6
Parker 5.5 - Did a job but a lot of sloppy passes let him down
Dembele 4 - Worst player on the pitch last night, shocking passing, no drive to get forward into space, ignored forward passes in favour of going backwards, lucky he scored which means his performance will be overlooked
Bale 6 - Looked the only real threat but after recent exploits he has a lot to live up to
Holtby 6.5 - Lot of energy, some intelligent balls forward and looks like he always wants to be involved
Lennon 5 - Not a good night for the little man
Adebayor 6 - Looked like he could be bothered for a change, but needs to do more for the team when he's up front on his own

Welcome to the ratings thread. You forgot Walker.

<<Absolutely the best reggae song of all time about a disgruntled punter moaning about the outsider he backed in a horse race falling but..what has that got to do with Spurs?>>

OK, it was a bit tenuous. I wanted to say that saving the match was (because of) a long shot (which hit the coconut), and that reminded me of the Pioneers song. I can imagine the Lyon fans empathising ...

The song maybe "absolutely the best reggae song of all time about a disgruntled punter moaning about the outsider he backed in a horse race falling" but I disagree that it is the best reggae song of all time. I can think of at least two Toots & the Maytals numbers that I prefer, but none of them are about a disgruntled punter.

What do you mean this is drifting off topic? :)

Back