• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Lyon

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Poor performance, and lets not let Dembele's great goal disguise that.

Friedel - 4. Nothing really to do. Still had a godawful clearance and was lucky not to give away penalty.

Walker - 6. Decent defensive shift. Silly free-kicks given away early.
Gallas - 7. Probably our MoM, some nice driving runs forward and never really troubled defensively.
Vert' - 6. Just slightly less than Gallas. Sat back and doesn't seem to drive forward as he used to.
BAE - 4. Pretty poor display tbh. Countless times could have crossed early but delayed, and also caught jogging back a few times.

Lennon - 5. Never tried to take his man on and seemed to always cut inside.
Parker - 4. I like Parker but he was poor tonight. Constantly slowed down attacks.
Dembele - 7. Would have been a 5 until the goal!
Holtby - 5. Tried hard, nothing really came off for him.

Bale - 5. Should have scored, should have done better for their goal.
Adebayor - 6. One of his better games. Held up the ball well, but nobody running for him.

Friedel - 6

Walker - 4
Gallas - 7
Vertonghen - 7
BAE - 7

Lennon - 5
Parker - 4
Dembele - 5
Bale - 5

Holtby - 5
Adebayor - 6

Brad - 4

Walker - 6
Gallas - 7
Verts - 6
BAE - 5

Lennon - 5
Dembele - 6.5
Parker - 4
Bale - 6

Holtby - 6
Ade - 5

Clint - 5
Sig - 5

Friedel - 6

Walker - 4
Gallas - 6
Vertonghen - 7
BAE - 7

Lennon - 5
Parker - 4
Dembele - 5
Bale - 5

Holtby - 6
Adebayor - 6

Not sure i am agree with the view on BAE , although he had plenty of chances and space at 2nd half but he rarely delivery the ball in the box, but what i think is the drift of Bale has left a big channel on the left side however we understand that BAE is not that type of full back like Baines , Coentrao , Walker who can play on his own own the flank.

Poor performance, and lets not let Dembele's great goal disguise that.

Friedel - 4. Nothing really to do. Still had a godawful clearance and was lucky not to give away penalty.

Walker - 6. Decent defensive shift. Silly free-kicks given away early.
Gallas - 7. Probably our MoM, some nice driving runs forward and never really troubled defensively.
Vert' - 6. Just slightly less than Gallas. Sat back and doesn't seem to drive forward as he used to.
BAE - 4. Pretty poor display tbh. Countless times could have crossed early but delayed, and also caught jogging back a few times.

Lennon - 5. Never tried to take his man on and seemed to always cut inside.
Parker - 4. I like Parker but he was poor tonight. Constantly slowed down attacks.
Dembele - 7. Would have been a 5 until the goal!
Holtby - 5. Tried hard, nothing really came off for him.

Bale - 5. Should have scored, should have done better for their goal.
Adebayor - 6. One of his better games. Held up the ball well, but nobody running for him.

Walker better than BAE? Really? If Walker had as much responsiblity on the flank as BAE I honestly think he would combust!

Friedel - 5. Did not have much to do, made a good save, but fluffed a clearance.

Walker - 5. Decent defensively, improved second half but he has to stop giving away free kicks.
Gallas - 6. Not really troubled, coped well passing the ball around on the halfway line.. 8-[
Vert' - 6. Also not particularly troubled. Was very good at passing the ball to Parker a lot. 8-[
BAE - 5. Was not excellent, however the fact he was given the whole left side to himself has to be taken into account.

Lennon - 5. Not involved. Didn't go down the line at all. At least he'll be rested for Monday.
Parker - 4. Not good. He should not the the midfield focus for our attack. Slows it down, didn't lose the ball as much as usual though.
Dembele - 5.5. Would be the same as Parker but for the goal. Seemed more focused on defending than attacking. Lost the ball a lot.
Holtby - 5 Puts the work in, but was not helped by anyone else in the first half. Seemed to tire in the second when everyone else tried to wake up.

Bale - 5.5. Decent shot on him a number of times. Should have scored.
Adebayor - 6. Decent game for Ade. Created two of our best chances wandering to the wings. Didn't receive much service today. Won a decent number of headers and didn't lose possession much.

I didnt expect Lyon to be so defensive, it looked like GH's Liverpool playing so deep and breaking.
I think as a whole we were somewhere between poor and average at all times. So nobody gets over 6.
Lowest ratings Lennon, BAE and Ade for me - 4.5-5

Hopefully nobody is celebrating big time in the dressing room as Inter is next, and we wont bundle through that game.

Friedel 6 - couple of hairy moments, not to blame for their goal, did enough otherwise

Walker 4 - their goal was more down to his stupidity than anything else.
Gallas 7 - one ridiculous scoop up in the air but otherwise impressive
Vertonghen 6 - composed and reliable but wish sometimes he'd be a bit more adventurous
BAE 5 - bloody firecracker, him. Got himself out of jail a few times but his long balls were almost all brick
Lennon 5 - indifferent game from Azza but he was up against a very organised and determined wall
Dembele 6 - anonymous for much of the game, let's hope that winner gives him the belief to go on
Parker 6 - still good at winning the ball but what's the point if you then immediately give it back?
Bale 7 - not his best ever game but he still managed more shots on target than the rest of the team put together
Holtby 7 - my, does he like to run around a lot! Impressive first half, unsurprisingly
faded second
Adebayor 6 - still frustratingly unproductive but just the odd signs his form might be coming back

Subs

Dempsey 5 - did nothing of note
Sigurdsson 5 - see Dempsey
Livermore n/a

Friedel 5

Walker 4
Gallas 7
Verts 6
Crabman 4

Lennon 4
Parker 5
Jumbly 6
Bale 6

Holtby 6

Ade 6

Dempsey 5
Siggy 5
Liversausage 5

I don't think that it was a case of us playing poorly, or certain individuals having bad games, more the fact that we weren't given the opportunity to play. When they scored it was obvious they were going to sit back. Defending is their main mode of play and their strength

I have been of the opinion for quite some time I'd rather Livermore than Parker. Livermore can get about the pitch and is a much better footballer, I can't remember the last time I saw a first XI CM of ours so poor at passing the ball. I'm well aware absolutely noone will agree with my sentiments!

Oh, and well done Spurs for not giving up - its not easy when the opposition is that defensive...

Friedel 6 - Good save but what the heck was he doing for that clearance? That was hilarious. Loved him goading the Lyon fans at the end.

Walker 6 - Ok, however weak the fouls were he needs to just stand up and let the player beat him, which shouldn't happen much given his pace.
Gallas 7 - Another fine performance
Vertonghen 7 - Solid
Ekotto 6 - Not a great night for Benny, defensively ok, got forward well but never delivered.

Parker 5 - He had me tearing my hair out, first half particularly.
Dembele 6.5 - Maginally better than Parker but WHAM, what a goal.

Lennon 5 - Invisible.
Holtby 7 - Never stopped running, hit the post, some nice passing.
Bale 7 - Didn't quite hit the heights but he was our only threat for 89 minutes.

Ade 6 - He looks as threatening as kitten. Linked up competently.

Dempsey 5 - GHod, he was brick
Siggy 6 - Barely touched it
Livermore n/a

Friedel 6 - couple of hairy moments, not to blame for their goal, did enough otherwise

Vertonghen 6 - composed and reliable but wish sometimes he'd be a bit more adventurous
BAE 5 - bloody firecracker, him. Got himself out of jail a few times but his long balls were almost all brick
Lennon 5 - indifferent game from Azza but he was up against a very organised and determined wall
Dembele 6 - anonymous for much of the game, let's hope that winner gives him the belief to go on
Parker 6 - still good at winning the ball but what's the point if you then immediately give it back?
Bale 7 - not his best ever game but he still managed more shots on target than the rest of the team put together
Holtby 7 - my, does he like to run around a lot! Impressive first half, unsurprisingly
faded second
Adebayor 6 - still frustratingly unproductive but just the odd signs his form might be coming back

Subs

Livermore n/a

Agree with everything said here and the ratings (well apart form Parker who i would have given a 5)

Friedel 5
Walker 4.5
Gallas 6.5
Vert 6
Bae 5
Parker 4
Dembele 5 ( would have been a 4 if not for the goal , he can not for the life of him pass a ball forward . He is our weakest link ATM . Goal or no goal ( 2 goal of the seadon btw , big whoop )
Bale 6.5 once again our only goal threat . Lyon did an excellent job of neutralising our wing play though.
Lennon 4.5 completely anomynous .
Holtby 6 atleast he tried
Ade 5.5 gets an extra 0.5 for that beatifull pass to Bale

faded second

Subs

Livermore n/a

Same for me, horrible team to play against.

Friedel 5 - Should there have been someone near post for the goal? One save with his legs is all I can remember and one nearly calamitous moment when he shinned it straight back to the Lyon player. I'm not sure why he didn't pick it up.

Walker 6 - Leandro's 'experience' won him a few fouls but they were very soft to say the least. Solid 2nd half.
Gallas 7 - Best of our back line today I think.
Vertonghen 6 - Quietly efficient. Too quiet for me as he could have pushed forward a bit more in the 2nd half.
Ekotto 5 - Was our best outlet from the back but his lack of conviction in the final third was very frustrating. He had countless opportunities to whip it in but waited too long or pinged it straight at the full back.

Parker 4 - I'ma fan but he was pants today defensively and offensively. The only mitigating factor was his team mates didn't help him much.
Dembele 6 - Defensively decent but the goal aside didn't do much at all in an attacking sense. Even his drop shoulder and glide by player routine wasn't working (for 89mins :)). Great goal.

Lennon 4 - Cut inside a few times to not much effect. Poor passing and very static.
Holtby 6 - Started well but faded completed and was rightly subbed. I like what he brings though his team-mates need to offer something more than he is seeing at the moment. Distinct lack of options most times.
Bale 7 - Kept them on their toes and really should have scored. Also lost his man for their goal.
Ade 6 - Better than I've seen in a while. Worked hard and held the ball up reasonably well. One beauty of a crossfield pass to Bale who should have scored.

Dempsey 5 - Meh
Siggy 5 - Bleh
Livermore 6 - OK.

Hmmm...reading those scores again I might have been a bit harsh on some as I though we were the better team by far, especially in the 2nd half.

Friedel 6

Walker 4
Gallas 7
Verts 6
Ekotto 5

Lennon 5
Parker 5
Dembele 7
Holtby 7
Bale 7

Ade 6

Can't believe some of the ratings for Friedel. Actually, I can believe it. Lloris did the exact same thing against Liverpool, but I don't remember people giving him 4's and 5's out of 10.

Ade slightly better today but still does not look like scoring, very worrying.

Back