• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Lyon

Friedel 6 - Looked a bit rusty and was lucky with the clearance he scuffed straight to their player
Benny 4 - Terrible game, had so many opportunities to cross but kept either trying to take the man on and losing it, or running it out of play, or passing backwards. I'm a massive fan but he was rubbish yesterday
Vertonghen 6
Gallas 6
Parker 5.5 - Did a job but a lot of sloppy passes let him down
Dembele 4 - Worst player on the pitch last night, shocking passing, no drive to get forward into space, ignored forward passes in favour of going backwards, lucky he scored which means his performance will be overlooked
Bale 6 - Looked the only real threat but after recent exploits he has a lot to live up to
Holtby 6.5 - Lot of energy, some intelligent balls forward and looks like he always wants to be involved
Lennon 5 - Not a good night for the little man
Adebayor 6 - Looked like he could be bothered for a change, but needs to do more for the team when he's up front on his own

Best player for us last night was Jan.

Worst player was Parker, the number of times he slowed the game down and gave the ball away was awful.

Lyon made it tough for us but we were pretty poor tbh, no cutting edge

Friedel 6 a few nice saves but one woeful error that was lucky not to cost us
Walker 4.5 first half he was shockingly bad but he did recover to play better in the 2nd
Vertonghen 6.5 solid
Gallas 8 thought he was our best player by some distance
BAE 5 very poor distribution has to learn to cross with his right foot on occasion
Lennon 5 anonymous
Parker 5 marginally better than Dembele for most of the game
Dembele 5 I thought he was terrible for the first 89 minutes, great goal so he deserves credit but he needs to move the ball along quicker
Bale 7 most of the match looked our only threat, not at his best but still dangerous
Holtby 7 Only player who turned up in the first half, faded though
Adebayor 5.5 he never looks like scoring these days does he? great ball for Bale aside from that nothing

Lyon made it tough for us but we were pretty poor tbh, no cutting edge

Friedel 6 a few nice saves but one woeful error that was lucky not to cost us
Walker 4.5 first half he was shockingly bad but he did recover to play better in the 2nd
Vertonghen 6.5 solid
Gallas 8 thought he was our best player by some distance
BAE 5 very poor distribution has to learn to cross with his right foot on occasion
Lennon 5 anonymous
Parker 5 marginally better than Dembele for most of the game
Dembele 5 I thought he was terrible for the first 89 minutes, great goal so he deserves credit but he needs to move the ball along quicker
Bale 7 most of the match looked our only threat, not at his best but still dangerous
Holtby 7 Only player who turned up in the first half, faded though
Adebayor 5.5 he never looks like scoring these days does he? great ball for Bale aside from that nothing

spot on marks and comments. we struggled cos the two central midfield players couldnt pass, the right winger wouldnt take on his man and the centre forward, well dont get me started....

Best player for us last night was Jan.

Worst player was Parker, the number of times he slowed the game down and gave the ball away was awful.

I wouldn't agree with that. He had a decent if unspectacular game but he's capable of much much more. He played well within himself IMHO.

AVB - 4

Great to get through the tie but his catching ability left a lot to be desired, marked down severely for that.

avbgkow4.gif

What I don't quite understand is this: if our performances were all so terrible, with several getting 4s and 5s, how come we drew away from home to a top French team?

Maybe we compensated for poor performances by our work rate, by just working working working?

Some of you guys are ludicrously hard on the players and the team - just my humble opinion of course!

because as a team I think we worked well, regarding work rate, pressing etc.

but we are rating individuals and as individuals they didn't really shine. It's a team game after all and credit to them. A moment of magic saw us through!

What I don't quite understand is this: if our performances were all so terrible, with several getting 4s and 5s, how come we drew away from home to a top French team?

Maybe we compensated for poor performances by our work rate, by just working working working?

Some of you guys are ludicrously hard on the players and the team - just my humble opinion of course!

They basically conceded possession and parked the bus for 90 minutes and we created only two decent chances I can remember (bale & Dempsey)

They are a quality side and we did well to progress but man for man not many had a very good day

I completely disagree. In my opinion Dawson has been the best and most consistent defender recently. Gallas deserves a start, yes. But not ahead of Daws.

Daws has been very good this year agreed it is a nice headache to have and not to mention we have our best CB coming back from injury shortly. Maybe we can start Gallas-Dawson, Vertonghen has played a lot rest may do him good

Back