• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Inter

From whoscored.com:

Code:
R	Name			PositionShots	SoT KeyPasses Completed% Aerial Touches Rating	
1	Brad Friedel		GK	0	0	0	42	0	57	6.86	
2	Kyle Walker		DR	0	0	0	84	3	75	7.54	
3	William Gallas		DC	0	0	1	94	0	60	7.11	
4	Jan Vertonghen		DC	2	1	1	88	2	66	8.32	
5	Benoit Assou-Ekotto	DL	0	0	0	86	0	70	7.21	
6	Scott Parker		DMC	0	0	2	87	0	97	8.47	
7	Mousa Dembélé64'	DMC	0	0	1	96	1	63	7.33	
8	Aaron Lennon82'		AMR	1	1	2	78	0	41	7.51	
9	Gareth Bale		AMC	4	2	4	84	5	67	8.87	
10	Gylfi Sigurdsson71'	AML	2	2	2	84	0	67	9.02	
11	Jermain Defoe		FW	6	3	0	53	0	32	6.89

Friedel 7 - Had one save to make and made it.

Walker 7 - Little to do all night, went forward well.
Vertonghen 8 - Got his goal, easy game
Gallas 7 - Pretty solid, could have cost us with a couple of sloppy bits of play
Ekotto 7 - Never troubled

Lennon 7 - Worked hard, constant threat, unlucky not to score
Parker 9 - MOM, best game for a long time
Dembele 8 - Excellent game, didn't really put a foot wrong
Sig 7 - Got his goal and an assist and had good game

Bale 7 - Got his goal but his talent can be a little wasted up front, too much flaffing around trying to look like Ronaldo and a very stupid dive which is difficult to defend.
Defoe 8 First half, 6 second, 7 overall - a much greater threat than Adebayor.

Name one successful pass.

Ok... I'll give you the kick off.

What do you think would have happened had Ade been in the same position Defoe was for the 2nd goal? I'll tell you, he would have miscontrolled it and his 2nd touch would have been a slide tackle and a booking.

Ball played into him from Dembele with his back to goal and defender all over him on edge of penalty area. He holds the ball up and plays it out to Sig'.

That's one off the top of my head.

Whether that was a striker in form is highly subjective.

Well he was much better today and on Sunday than Ade has been in 2013, I don't know how anyone can't see that. And I thought Defoe and Bale wasn't going to work because Defoe can't hold the ball up/is too greedy/isn't as good as Ade?

tumblr_m26xepxzfX1qlp4j1o1_400.jpg

Friedel 7 - was very lucky first-half when rooted to 6 yard line and chap missed a sitter, but made a fine save with his foot and his concentration was excelent.

Walker 7 - a strong performance

Gallas 7 - again, a strong performance

Verthonghen 8 - again, strength and skill...nice goal, could've had another

BAE 7 - he makes such a difference. Solid and dependable.

Lennon 8 - strong performance, could've had one himself but took the extra touch

Parker 8 - his best game since coming back, tired towards the end but kept going

Dembele 8 - so strong, so easy for him out there tonight I felt

Siggy 8 - he seems to have finally found some form. A really GHod performance. Making himself hard to leave out. Great news for us. Absolutely brilliant crosses.

Bale 7 - played within himself tonight for me, which is better than 99% of anyone. Looks a tad tired. If Azza's fit, I'd be tempted to gamble on having him as sub Sunday.

Defoe 7 - played with verve and passion, tired around 70 mins and that plus frustration meant he got a bit greedy. Understood in the event.

Subs

Livermore 6 - solid

Holtby 6 - probably his most average game tonight. To be expected. Still adjusting but played fine.

Naughton 6 - did his job

A blistering first-half, a competent second-half, a practice-match last 20 mins, if I were to squeak a complaint it would be that we really should've scored a 4th as they'd fudged off back to Italy by the 75th min, but seriously, overall a thunderously fine evening's work.

What do you think would have happened had Ade been in the same position Defoe was for the 2nd goal? I'll tell you, he would have miscontrolled it and his 2nd touch would have been a slide tackle and a booking.

He'd've listened to Siggy's original call and let the player in the far better position score with the inital shot.

Ball played into him from Dembele with his back to goal and defender all over him on edge of penalty area. He holds the ball up and plays it out to Sig'.

That's one off the top of my head.

So still 69 off what Ade typically contributes in a game in terms of link-up/hold-up play.

Freidel - 6 - easiest game he'll have
Walker - 7 - good recovery, some great forward runs
Gallas -7 - untroubled
Vertonghen - 8 - oozes class and scored
BAE - 7 - solid
Lennon - 7 - worked hard, neat ball for 2nd goal
Dembele 8 - just makes things look so effortless
Parker - 9 - MOTM was everywhere, good disribution and ran with the ball through midfield really well
Sig - 8 - neat footwork, won tonnes of tackles and his crossing and passing is superb
Bale - 7 - not his best game but still scored
Defoe - 8 - makes such a difference to our attacking threat

Thought all 3 subs struggled to make an impact as the game was a training exercise by then

Give over mate. It's clear you have an anti-Defoe agenda and on occasion you're correct with your views, but not after this game.

It was so standout tonight because the other ten players we're outstanding, whereas Defoe frustrated, made bad decisions and gave away possession.

To be balanced, I don't remember him being offside all that much.

Gutter Boy - your dislike of Defoe is well known but you are showing yourself up if you think that Ade is of any more benefit to the team based on his current form.

That miss against West Ham when he headed it back to their keeper from one yard was symptomatic of his overall season in which he's contributed the grand total of sweet fcuk all.

Defoe is getting stuck in as much as Ade and always offers a goal threat. Personally I like the idea of rotating the pair of them but Ade's temperament means that could backfire into a situation where he becomes even less help than he currently is which is not a lot.

Friedel 7 Shaky communication with back 4 but one great stop second half

Walker 7 Solid enough, needs to improve a couple of things on the ball but it will come

Vertonghen 8 Brilliant

Gallas 7 A bit late on certain occasions I thought, not his best game but good enough

Assou ekotto 8 No problem

Lennon 7 Did well tonight, better than recent outings

Parker 9 Hes back

Dembele 8 Beast

Bale 8 Tired today, no idea why he played all game tbh, Still, Goal and assist.

Sigurdson 9 Very very good

Defoe 8 After 10minutes, we understood what we had been missing

Generally agree, except Defoe was a 5 for me.

He actually gave the ball away every single time he had it. Ade always clocks up about 70 odd passes. Defoe didn't have one.

I'd rather have the ball given away every time with a few shots on target than the ball given away every time with no shots on target.

Bale, Sig and Verts all gave the ball away tonight as well, they had possession of it then 30 seconds later 2 inter players had it in the centre circle, we should work on that.

Back