• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Inter

This is funny because earlier in the thread fans who were there were saying how well he played and could not understand how the couch potatoes watching on telly had given him such a hard time.

Lol can only comment on those around me. I thought he lacked sharpness which is understandable but he was quite wasteful IMO. The thing that is irritating is that he had a couple of opportunities to pass the ball but didn't then has a go at Bale when he has the audacity to shoot....whats that all about?!

i want my striker to be greedy around the box, Defoe's greatest asset has always been his ability to get a shot off early, I want him to shoot every opportunity he gets, had it not been Handanovic in goal last night he'd have bagged a couple

This for me, it makes me laugh when fans call strikers greedy, they all are that's why they are strikers.

Friedel 7.5

Walker 7.5
Gallas 7
Vertonghen 7.5
Ekotto 7

Lennon 7.5
Parker 8
Dembele 8
Sigurdsson 8

Bale 8
Defoe 7

Friedel - 7 - Not much to do but made a couple of important saves, distribution not great.
Walker - 7 - Decent
Gallas - 7 - Couple of sloppy moments in first half.
Vertonghen - 8 - Quality defending plus a goal.
BAE - 7 - Decent
Lennon - 7.5 - Always full of running
Parker - 8 - All action.
Dembele - 8 - Dominant.
Sig' - 7.5 - Goal and assist but less influential as game wore on.
Bale - 7.5 - By his recent standards fairly subdued, perhaps rattled after getting book for diving again.
Defoe - 7 - A bit selfish at times as usual but at least he provided a real goal threat.

Livermore - 6 - Would've preferred Carroll come on to keep up the attacking momentum.
Holtby - 6 - Trying too hard perhaps.
Naughton - 6 - Played out of position.

Yep, noticed that. Things just wouldn't go right for him last night. He's been out a couple of games so maybe that's affecting him a little.

Could also be the massive disruption of changing both club and country is only now beginning to take it's toll.

No question he is very talented and will come good for us, like Siggy he works hard, has an eye for a pass and a decent shot.

Agree with this 100%.

There were parts of last night when you could see that the Inter players just did not want the ball

There were parts of last night when you could see that the Inter players just did not want the ball

Certainly. We were so much more mentally prepared and focused. By the end of game it was evident we'd beaten them before any player had stepped on the pitch.

It'sa level of intensity and determination we hadn't glimpsed so far in our earlier cup games this season. Keep ourselves fit and I think we will go all the way. [-o<

Certainly. We were so much more mentally prepared and focused. By the end of game it was evident we'd beaten them before any player had stepped on the pitch.

It'sa level of intensity and determination we hadn't glimpsed so far in our earlier cup games this season. Keep ourselves fit and I think we will go all the way. [-o<

It would such an immense achievement.

The only thing that could catch us out are injuries. Sandro was a massive loss. Let's hope he's the only massive loss we suffer between now and May.

It would such an immense achievement.

The only thing that could catch us out are injuries. Sandro was a massive loss. Let's hope he's the only massive loss we suffer between now and May.

Sandro is a beast for sure, but massive loss? Our results since he's been absent suggest otherwise.

Sandro is a beast for sure, but massive loss? Our results since he's been absent suggest otherwise.

I think it's a testimony once more to the coaching staff and management that his (at first) massive loss has (as you've pointed out) not been allowed to become a factor. We simply found another way with a very good squad to cope.

The best thing I can say about the match was at full time I was actually disappointed that we had only won 3-0

The best thing I can say about the match was at full time I was actually disappointed that we had only won 3-0

This. For the first hour we looked like we could score at will and I was hoping that we would absolutely batter them to ensure that the 2nd leg was just a formality. Unfortunately Defoe' shots kept going straight at the keeper and once Dembele went off for Livermore we didn't look quite so much of a goal threat.

I love the end of season ratings Zin does where he shows each poster's player bias. I like to think I rate our players fairly and I suspect my ratings won't have a great deal of deviation compared to the average ... unlike some others I can think of.

Back