• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings - Arsenal (A)

ArcspacE

Banned
Lloris -6 - some good saves

Walker - 4 - very poor
Gallas - 2 - time to call it a day
Verts - 6 - tried
Naughton - 5 - struggled against Walcott

Lennon - 5 - nullified
Hudd - 4 - passenger
Sandro - 7 - beast
Bale - 6.5 - good goal

Ade - 4 - hero to zero
Defoe - 5 - invisible

Dempsey - 5 - no impact
Dawson - 6 - did well

Ratings v Arse

Lloris - 6. Commanded area well. Could do nothing with goals?

Walker - 5. Was nowhere for their equaliser and looked shakey again.
Gallas - 2. Enough.
Vertonghen - 7. Some superb last ditch tackles, but got caught a few times by the early cross
Naughton - 5. Was terrorised by Walcott, but Bale didn't really help

Lennon - 5. Poor game. Should have scored but dallied on the ball.
Huddlestone - 5. Lacked mobility and some godawful corners.
Sandro - 7. Again, ran his gonad*s off.
Bale - 7. Disappointing first half, much better 2nd. Great goal.

Adebayor - 4.
Defoe - 5. Complains far too much and should just get on with it. His shoot on sight thing is getting wearisome

Subs:
Dawson - 6. Bit of a calming influence.
Dempsey - 5. Just doesn't seem to have the required skill level unfortunately.
Carroll - 6. Was impressed by him actually.

Lloris -6 - some good saves

Walker - 4 - very poor
Gallas - 2 - time to call it a day
Verts - 6 - tried
Naughton - 5 - struggled against Walcott

Lennon - 5 - nullified
Hudd - 4 - passenger
Sandro - 7 - beast
Bale - 6.5 - good goal

Ade - 4 - hero to zero
Defoe - 5 - invisible

Dempsey - 5 - no impact
Dawson - 6 - did well

kneejerk much??

In control with 11 on the pitch, down to 10 but they kept fighting. Brave move to go offence in 2nd half, but hell at least they put the effort in and tried. Guess i have seen so many spurs teams just capitulate at that point so was refreshing to see them fighting for it. As for Adebayor, its obvious he was trying and had "too" much passion, was challenging for everything. sometimes, such as today its not a good thing, and went for a ball he had no right too, but i guess this is the first time in history thats happened.

Last edited:
Lloris -6 - good saves

Walker - 4 - can not defend as usual, good runs but can also not pass the ball. The most overrated footballer in England
Gallas - 4 - honestly tried but too old. At fault for one goal
Verts - 6 - hard game, struggled in first half
Naughton - 4 - Walcott had him in his pocket

Lennon - 5 - some good runs and dribbles. Needs a set of balls for the extra mile
Hudd - 5 - good passes but overly slow
Sandro - 8 - thank to him we did not end up in double figures
Bale - 7 - fantastic goal, needed to take more chances

Ade - 1 - fudge off my team
Defoe - 3 - invinsible, to frustrated

Dempsey - 5 - did ok frustrating the opponent, decent run but awful hold up and passing
Dawson - 6 - solid

AVB - 7 - good positive change. Should have taken more advantage of the situation. Team lacks talent in front of goal

Re: Ratings v Arse

Lloris - 6 (Lots of goals conceded, but he couldn't do anything about any of them. Handled the ball well, good distribution)
Vertonghen - 7 (dealt with crosses well, goals were due to lack of support etc)
Adebayor - 1 (lack of discipline threw the game away for us)
Carroll - 6 (came on and looked very comfortable on the ball

Rest - Meh

Lloris - 6. Decent. Did nothing particularly wrong, made some good saves.
Verts - 6.5. Solid for the most part.
Gallas - 4.5. Liability.
Walker - 5. Didn't do much wrong.
Naughton - 3. Was twisted in and out by Walcott.

Sandro - 7. He gives a brick. Unlike some.
Hudd - 6. The movement of a goal-post, the passing ability of Modric. Sigh.
Lennon - 5. Completely anonymous.
Bale - 5. Didn't help out in defense at all. Scored a great goal, then went back to being anonymous. Laughed off the result at the final whistle, which is symptomatic... symptomatic of everything that is wrong with football nowadays. Everything.

Defoe - 5. Tried hard, was isolated.
Ade - 1. You stupid, stupid boy.

Subs;

Daws - 6. Defended well, looked determined.
Dempsey - 5. Tried hard.
Carroll -6 looked good.

AVB - 5. What he could have done, I do not know.

Levy - 2. This was coming, Danny. This was coming.

The club's spine - 0. For fudge's sake.

fudge football, I'm off to a rendezvous with a bottle of Napoleon brandy and a bar stool.

Lloris 6
Walker 5
Gallas 4
Vertonghen 7
Naughton 4
Lennon 5
Huddlestone 5
Sandro 7
Bale 6
Adebayor 4
Defoe 5

Dawson 6
Dempsey 5
Carroll 6

Wait Lloris gets a 6 after conceding 5 goals? and 2 of them could have been saved. He made 1 good save but what are these "good saves" people are referring too?

Lloris - 5 (watch his reflexes on goal 3. Watvh how long he actually dives down)

Walker - 5 (Poor)
Gallas - 4 (brick)
Vertonghen - 5.5 (was decent second half)
Naughton - 3 (that was probably one of the worst full back performances I've seen in a long time)

Lennon- 5.5 (worked hard)
Sandro - 7 (our best player again)
Huddlestone - 4.5 ( invisible)
Bale - 6.75 (did well)

Defoe - 4.5 (invisible)
Adebayor - 1 (idiot)

Subs
Dawson - 7 (did well)
Dempsey - 5 (nothing)

Lloris 6
Walker 5
Gallas 3
Vertonghen 6
Naughton 4
Lennon 5
Huddlestone 4
Sandro 7
Bale 7
Adebayor 0
Defoe 4

Dawson 6
Dempsey 4
Carroll 7

Lloris - 6.5. Was impressed with him, the scoreline was quite unfair on him

Walker - 4. Really needs to be dropped for a while, he's not the player he was last year, constantly running into trouble
Gallas - 3. Not good enough
Vertonghen - 7. Showed his class at times, some very good tackles
Naughton - 4. I actually felt really sorry for him. Thrown in at the deep end a little bit, really need BAE back.

Lennon - 5. Didn't really do much
Huddlestone - 4.5. One of my favourite players but I wasn't impressed at all by him today.
Sandro - 6.5. Did a lot of work but fouled quite a lot. One of our better players for sure.
Bale - 1st half: 4, 2nd half: 7.5. Good goal and really improved in the second half, tried to run it for us but a bit too late.

Adebayor - 3. Did fine until he got sent off but putting us down to 10 men so early on hugely cost us, and he was a player we really couldn't afford to lose.
Defoe - 5. Not his best game for a while that's for sure, but good run in the build up to Ade's goal.

Subs:
Dawson: 6.5. Made us look more comfortable. Really hope he gets a run in the side now ahead of Gallas and is given the captains armband. His tackle on Walcott was excellent too.
Dempsey: 5.5. Slight improvement on what I've seen of him before but still frustrated. Would rather have seen Sigg come on.
Carroll: 6. Did well, worked hard. Hopefully he'll start against Lazio, would also like him to get some more league game time. Exciting player that's for sure.

Wait Lloris gets a 6 after conceding 5 goals? and 2 of them could have been saved. He made 1 good save but what are these "good saves" people are referring too?

Lloris - 5 (watch his reflexes on goal 3. Watvh how long he actually dives down)

Walker - 5 (Poor)
Gallas - 4 (brick)
Vertonghen - 5.5 (was decent second half)
Naughton - 3 (that was probably one of the worst full back performances I've seen in a long time)

Lennon- 5.5 (worked hard)
Sandro - 7 (our best player again)
Huddlestone - 4.5 ( invisible)
Bale - 6.75 (did well)

Defoe - 4.5 (invisible)
Adebayor - 1 (idiot)

Subs
Dawson - 7 (did well)
Dempsey - 5 (nothing)

Not only that he was in nomansland, way out of position, too far off his line. Dad he stayed back a couple of yards like Friedel would have done he'd have had a decent chance of getting down to what was a pretty weak shot.

Lloris -6 - OK. Nothing more nor less.

Walker - 4 Chap needs a break and an arm around his shoulder. Need Benny back ASAP.
Gallas - 4 Legs have obviously gone and the brain is following it out the door. Glue factory or stud farm time.
Verts - 6 Looks much better as CB
Naughton - 4 Poor performance. Like to see him as RB if Benny was fit.

Lennon - 5 Didn't show any courage today.
Hudd - 5 Going down to 10 men pretty much nullified his contribution. A few decent free kicks that we should have done better with. A few corners he should have done better with.
Sandro - 8 Best game from him this season in my opinion
Bale 7/2 - 7 offensively but 2 defensively. Fantastic goal but a prima donna attitude when it comes to defending which is annoying the brick out of me.

Ade - 3 Did well until his brain fart which was pretty unforgivable.
Defoe - 3 Bad choices and poor all around. I thought it was funny when he was berating Bale for not squaring the ball when he tries to shoot every time he gets the ball.

Dempsey - 4 I miss VDV
Dawson - 6 Has to be ahead of Gallas now, right?
Carroll - 6 Time for this kid to start. Possession is 9/10ths and this is what we need at the moment.

Lloris - 6 - Lots of goals conceeded, but can't really be entirely faulted on any of them. Did well coming out and claiming through-balls and crosses and his quick distribution was good on occasions
Walker - 5 - starting to fail to see where that potential people talked about has gone. Seriously starting to think if he didn't have pace he'd struggle to play at Championship level
Gallas - 5 - Gave him a 5 for effort but really starting to show his age. Think he's in the team because he's one of few leaders we have with Parker out
Vertonghen - 6 - did well until an error for their 5th, but by that time everyone looked completely shot
Naughton - 5 - tough time against Walcott but didn't seem to let his head get too down. Put a shift in difficult circs
Lennon - 6 - wasn't really his game but did work v. hard in the 2nd half.
Thudd - 6 - worked hard and tried to make things happen, but he's another who looks v. unfit was destroyed by 70 mins
Sandro - 9 - absolute monster
Bale - 7 - would have got an 8 but ubelievably greedy when he had the chance to square for Defoe for 3-4
Ade - 4 - oh dear
Defoe - 5 - worked hard, but he is frustrating and holding up the ball isn't his thing

Dawson - 6 - worked hard and did well. He has to start for Gallas next game I think unless Caulker is back
Carroll - 7 - looked bright and had some lovely touches
Dempsey - 5 - little impact.

Lloris - 6 (Can't give a guy who let in 5 too much more, but some good saves, good command of the area. Odd punch in the first half)

Walker - 4 (Poor again - needs a rest or to be dropped to buck his ideas up)
Gallas - 5 (Not his best game to say the least)
Vertonghen - 6 (Worked hard, some good tackles - but sometimes a bit cheap in giving away possession.)
Naughton - 4 (Couldn't deal with Walcott)

Lennon - 7 (Good chance at 1-0. Worked hard but not as effective as Bale)
Sandro - 8 (MOM - Was everywhere. Tough in the tackle and ran his socks off)
Huddlestone - 5 (Still doesn't look match fit to me. Should have done better with the first goal and set up their second!!)
Bale - 7 (Great goal and a few good runs - but needs to do more defensively)

Defoe - 6 (Found it tough once Adebayor had gone off and the service dried up - good work to set up the first.)
Adebayor - 3 (Good for 16 minutes. The less said about the 17th the better. Now we'll miss him for three games in the League. MUST start against Lazio now - Defoe in cotton wool!)

Dempsey - 4 (Anonymous)
Dawson - 7 (Was up against it in a back three - but some good blocks and a MONSTER challenge on Walcott)
Carroll - 7 (Looked bright. Good touch - reminds me of a little Modric. I'd like to see him start against Lazio)

Lloris 5 Cant give anymore to a GK that concedes 5, perhaps could have done better with a couple
Naughton 4 Bit harsh on him as I think is more suited to RB
Gallas 4 Shadow of the player we signed
Vertonghen 5 Not bad, but worringly loses possesion high up the pitch
Walker 4 Going backwards by the week.needs a break
Bale 6 His 2nd half performance saved him for a 5
Sandro 6 Gutsy, puts himself about
Huddlestone 5 Not good enough for out starting X1,but currently not a lot of choice. Corners terrible
Lennon 5 Needs to attack his LB more. Unlucky not to score though
Defoe 5 Suffered without Ade
Adebayor 4 His goal saved him from a 3 for a daft tackle

Dawson 6 Has to start v West Ham
Dempsey 5 Trys too hard maybe?
Carroll 6 If there's no Dembele, I would be tempted to start him v WHU

Thought the lads did well (apart from Ade obviously), proud of all of them today even though a couple of the performances weren't quite up to scratch.

Also proud of AVB, balls of steel and went for it.

Excited about the future.

Lloris - 5 - Not sure any goals were his fault but he still let in 5. Can't really give him any higher. 2nd and 3rd goal perhaps he could be better?

Walker - 4 - Poor. Offered little in either direction. He didn't help Gallas at all for Goal 2.

Vertonghen - 6 - good moments going forward but is it me or are the rest of the team bringing him down a level or 5?

Gallas - 4 - Time to go. Poor. Poor. Poor. It has to be Dawson every time until Kaboul is back. Also, a very poor captain.

Naughton - 5 - Tried his best with little help or cover from Bale.

Lennon - 5 - Tried but just never got into the game at all.

Sandro - 7 - The only player who cared?

Huddlestone - 4 - Too slow. His corners are pathetic.

Bale - 7 - He might be the difference between 10th place and 6th place this year.

Defoe - 6 - Tried... but didn't exactly have much to chew on.

Adebayor - 3 - Scored a good goal but to dive in like that after 19 mins is tinkle poor from him. I can't give him any higher.

Dempsey - 5 - Few nice touches but let's be honest his mobility and passing accuracy is shocking. How did he ever score 23?

Carroll - 6 - Proud of him. Got stuck in, tried his best.

Dawson - 6 - Was left exposed by the tactics but he tried his best to be everywhere. Mr Tottenham. He is our leader. He is our captain.

Lloris - 5 - Not sure any goals were his fault but he still let in 5. Can't really give him any higher. 2nd and 3rd goal perhaps he could be better?

Walker - 4 - Poor. Offered little in either direction. He didn't help Gallas at all for Goal 2.

Vertonghen - 6 - good moments going forward but is it me or are the rest of the team bringing him down a level or 5?

Gallas - 4 - Time to go. Poor. Poor. Poor. It has to be Dawson every time until Kaboul is back. Also, a very poor captain.

Naughton - 5 - Tried his best with little help or cover from Bale.

Lennon - 5 - Tried but just never got into the game at all.

Sandro - 7 - The only player who cared?

Huddlestone - 4 - Too slow. His corners are pathetic.

Bale - 7 - He might be the difference between 10th place and 6th place this year.

Defoe - 6 - Tried... but didn't exactly have much to chew on.

Adebayor - 3 - Scored a good goal but to dive in like that after 19 mins is tinkle poor from him. I can't give him any higher.

Dempsey - 5 - Few nice touches but let's be honest his mobility and passing accuracy is shocking. How did he ever score 23?

Carroll - 6 - Proud of him. Got stuck in, tried his best.

Dawson - 6 - Was left exposed by the tactics but he tried his best to be everywhere. Mr Tottenham. He is our leader. He is our captain.

I think today shows just how important Ekotto is for us. Bale is still a bit hit and miss going forward, but he needs to improve defensively.

I can't believe anyone has given Lloris more than 3, he was appalling. Brad should be first choice for he rest of the season based on that performance. Made a couple of saves look spectacular when he was simply slow to react. Should have saved two of the goals, if not three.

I think today shows just how important Ekotto is for us. Bale is still a bit hit and miss going forward, but he needs to improve defensively.

Yes, has been obvious since he got injured (and when he was injured last season), both Vertonghen and Naughton have struggled there being left on their own a bit by Bale, something Ekotto has to deal with week in and week out and does deal with quite well.

Back