• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings - Arsenal (A)

I can't believe anyone has given Lloris more than 3, he was appalling. Brad should be first choice for he rest of the season based on that performance. Made a couple of saves look spectacular when he was simply slow to react. Should have saved two of the goals, if not three.

Really???

What 3 goals would that be?

Yes, has been obvious since he got injured (and when he was injured last season), both Vertonghen and Naughton have struggled there being left on their own a bit by Bale, something Ekotto has to deal with week in and week out and does deal with quite well.

very much so - if he is back in the team and our left side shores up it would go some way to highlight the work he does playing behind Bale

Really???

What 3 goals would that be?

3rd should have been saved..it went under his arms after he dived late. 5th could have been saved but he dived late again but the rest he could do nothing about imo.

Sky showed the camera angle behind lloris goal when replaying Giroud's goal. Just watch that particular angle if you can to see how slow he was.

I think people watch the slow motion replays and assume that's how slowly it happened in real time, he had no chance with any of the goals.

im gonna chat about exceptions here.

Walker - What the fudge has gone wrong with him. The guy couldnt pass tinkle at the moment. He cant take on players, cant pass, cant control the ball, cant tackle and cant defend properly.

Ade - Superb for 18 mins.

Dempsey - Seriously? There was a moment in around the 80th minute he had three or four chances to pass to Bale or Defoe etc and although he passed to Defoe (eventually) he fudged up what happened after

Defoe - Great for 18 mins but faded after I suppose as a result of not getting the ball etc

Its not even a game of two halves today it was a game of 18 mins and 72 mins.

it went under his arms..that alone tells you he had a chance.

First goal for me was the one he had the most chance of saving and didn't. Header was a long way out, no real pace and was at a nice height for a keeper. He was flat footed and actually dived under the ball. Bit more match sharpness and I would expect he would have saved it.

But I don't think any of the goals were routine saves that were fluffed. i thought the third goal to be honest was shot at such a close distance that it would have been a world class save had he got down to it.

Lloris - 6
Walker - 5,5
Gallas - 4
Vertonghen - 7,5
Naughton - 5
Sandro - 6,5
Huddlestone - 5
Lennon - 5,5
Bale - 7
Adebayor - 2
Defoe - 5,5

Dawson - 7
Carrol - 6
Dempsey - 5

AVB 7

im gonna chat about exceptions here.

Walker - What the fudge has gone wrong with him. The guy couldnt pass tinkle at the moment. He cant take on players, cant pass, cant control the ball, cant tackle and cant defend properly.

Ade - Superb for 18 mins.

Dempsey - Seriously? There was a moment in around the 80th minute he had three or four chances to pass to Bale or Defoe etc and although he passed to Defoe (eventually) he fudged up what happened after

Defoe - Great for 18 mins but faded after I suppose as a result of not getting the ball etc

Its not even a game of two halves today it was a game of 18 mins and 72 mins.

I thought Dempsey did well for the first 15 mins he was on, but then seemed to revert to type.

Biggest plus for me was how good Carroll looked when he came on. Towards the end he also made a couple of silly mistakes that put us under pressure, but generally he played very well. Dawson was also very good when he come on although he did commit to one tackle and completely missed it putting Arsenal clean through.

Spurs man of the match for me was definitely Sandro.

Hard to rate as I was in a busy pub but I have had enough with Lennon doing nothing.

Bale was the best as usual and LLoris made a stunning save in the first half but could have done better with the last one.

Defense looked all over the place as usual.

like Dzekos header last week which went through Friedels hands ? :-"
Yes had a slight chance although that was closer and a far more powerful shot. Wait didn't he get blamed by some for that? Wait I'll have a look as I wouldn't want there to be any hypocrisy around. Let me investigate.

Yes had a slight chance although that was closer and a far more powerful shot. Wait didn't he get blamed by some for that? Wait I'll have a look as I wouldn't want there to be any hypocrisy around. Let me investigate.
The investigation is concluded and it's worse then I thought. There is indeed signs of hypocrisy where friedel was blamed for the goal yet the same isn't mentioned for lloris today. Not surprising but nevertheless sad to see. Apparently today was because giroud was too close though? But sadly that didn't help friedel escape Criticsm for dzeko goal. What a shame.

The investigation is concluded and it's worse then I thought. There is indeed signs of hypocrisy where friedel was blamed for the goal yet the same isn't mentioned for lloris today. Not surprising but nevertheless sad to see. Apparently today was because giroud was too close though? But sadly that didn't help friedel escape Criticsm for dzeko goal. What a shame.

i take it that means you were also criticizing Friedel last week, same as you are for Lloris this game :p

i take it that means you were also criticizing Friedel last week, same as you are for Lloris this game :p
No because like I said a few times the reason lloris was at fault today was his below slow reaction which friedel didn't show last week. The under arms comment was directed at Rossi to show he had a chance to save it.... Rossi saying he had absolutely no chance.

Lloris- 5. Couldn't have done a great deal about any of the goals (perhaps if you're being critical the third).

Walker- 4. Not so sure what to say about Walker at the minute. I thought he was over-rated by Spurs fans last season but still thought he did very well. This season he has been utter cack. Any time he tried to dribble today he ran straight into an Arsenal player and got himself into trouble over and over again. Needs to be 'rested' though I'm not convinced the alternative will be so much better at the moment.

Gallas- 3. Some abysmal defending today. Why is he playing and not Caulker or Dawson? And it surely can't be anything to do with the high line because he is always ruining that high line anyway by dropping back because he rightly no longer trusts his pace. Its actually a bit of a shame to see him like this, there was a period at Chelsea where I thought he was one of, if not the best, defender in the world. We need Kaboul back asap.
Please don't let him mark Carroll.

Vertonghen-5. A few good challenges and a great ball for the first goal. Tired at the end though and started allowing players to get away. Looking forward to seeing him when we have a settled team, I loved his runs from cb at Ajax and when we're a bit more solid, they can be a huge asset.

Naughton-4. Terrorised by Walcott though admittedly had little protection from Bale, who at one point saw Sagna steaming forward to put him and Walcott 2 on 1 vs poor Naughton and just walked back.

Lennon-5. Should have scored. Not involved enough.

Sandro-7. Best player by a distance.

Huddlestone-4. What happened to the player who, while never nimble, could at least get around the pitch a bit more? Horrific waste of set pieces. Get Carroll in the team and for the love of GHod, where is Dembele?

Bale-6. Good goal and a few good runs but otherwise also quite anonymous. Set pieces infinitely better than Hudd's. Needs to help his lb more.

Adebayor-2. Good goal and played excellently in those 18 minutes. But macaron macaron macaron. Pointless challenge in a pointless area. We lost this game because of him today. We need him desperately too.

Defoe-5. Tried but was never going to see much of the ball after 18 minutes. Great run for the first, one occassion in the second half when he had the chance to pass to Bale in a much better position but did his usual blast the ball into the defender 5 yards away instead.

Carroll-6. Good stuff. Get him starting next game.

Dempsey-5. Actually did alright in his first 15-20 minutes on, running well, couple of good balls forward. Then reverted back to his Spurs performances of aimless runs till he loses the ball, passes backwards and stupid decisions. Trying too hard now. Surprised to see him and not Sig come on.

Dawson-6. Did well.

AVB-7. Good performance for the first 20 minutes. Good subs and tactical switch at ht. Not a great deal he could have necessarily done today after Ade's moment of madness.

I want dawson to have a run of games and when its possible I would like to see carroll get game time also, fudge the rest.

No because like I said a few times the reason lloris was at fault today was his below slow reaction which friedel didn't show last week. The under arms comment was directed at Rossi to show he had a chance to save it.... Rossi saying he had absolutely no chance.

A snap shot along the ground into the corner is harder to save than one that goes in between your hands at head height.

Back