• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Radu Drăgușin

| Florin Manea, agent of Radu Dragusin, on the fact that his client is yet to start a match for #Spurs:“You have nothing to worry about, it’s normal. After this defeat [to Wolves], I hope he will get his chance. He couldn’t have knocked them all out [of the team]. Romero is a world champion. Van de Ven played well. He works hard in training. It was noticed by the manager and his teammates. He’s training well. He will play enough before the Euros to not be out of rhythm.”[
@fanatik_ro
via
@Sport_Witness
]
Hard to see how he gets in to be honest. Romero and VdV have been two of our better performers recently and we're not overburdened with games. You have to imagine Ange has a plan coz he must have sold the club to the lad on the basis he'd be playing. Just can't see how.

Hard to see how he gets in to be honest. Romero and VdV have been two of our better performers recently and we're not overburdened with games. You have to imagine Ange has a plan coz he must have sold the club to the lad on the basis he'd be playing. Just can't see how.
I think a lot rides on us getting Europe for next season, we won't be seeing him much between now and then IMO

Only way he gets in besides injury to Romero or VdV is if Ange thinks he can do a job as a FB. Midfield is also a possibility if he is seen as a better option than Skipp and PEH but that is a bit more of a stretch.

Only way he gets in besides injury to Romero or VdV is if Ange thinks he can do a job as a FB. Midfield is also a possibility if he is seen as a better option than Skipp and PEH but that is a bit more of a stretch.
Or as a striker for the last 10 minutes when we're losing

Or maybe Romero as the right back as he has the technique to step into midfield in the inverted role. Not sure about his wide defending in 1v1 situations though. Can envisage lots of lunging in and fouls but could be something to try against weaker opponents. Dragusin the plays cb alongside vdv

It's almost as if we needed him for the 1st half of the season not the 2nd and now fate is punishing us by gifting us fit 1st choice CBs after the damage was done.

One knock or suspension to either starting CB and he's in though, it would be good to get a proper look at him. Not sure I see any change to the current pairing unless forced nor would I guess that Radu would be more suited to RB than Royal.

Not sure how likely it is but I guess we could start a game with a back 3, because we're closing out a lot of them that way. But that system demands more of the midfielders and it is only really Sarr that is looking like himself at the minute, don't really want to put more pressure on Yyves, Madders, Bentancur etc

I don't think it's that big an issue really. We are falling into that trap of thinking "we've got a good player, so he must play" when the reality is we A. We don't actually know how good he is in our team and more important B. He was bought as a squad option. He was never intended to start if everyone is fit. That's the point in having a depth of squad, it's to have the players available when you need them. City are really the only team that rotates their backline willy billy and even Pep will still with a consistent pair if he thinks they are the best pairing.

We don't need to start extrapolating regressive ideas like playing 3 at the back just to get Dragusin in the team. If he's not impressing more than VDV or Romero in training then he will just have to wait for his turn to come.

Would give him a run out ahead of Romero personally. Been to 4 games live this season and kept a close eye in all of them and it confirmed my worst fears on him.

Would actually sell Romero if we got any bids, the guy is a liability.

I don't think it's that big an issue really. We are falling into that trap of thinking "we've got a good player, so he must play" when the reality is we A. We don't actually know how good he is in our team and more important B. He was bought as a squad option. He was never intended to start if everyone is fit. That's the point in having a depth of squad, it's to have the players available when you need them. City are really the only team that rotates their backline willy billy and even Pep will still with a consistent pair if he thinks they are the best pairing.

We don't need to start extrapolating regressive ideas like playing 3 at the back just to get Dragusin in the team. If he's not impressing more than VDV or Romero in training then he will just have to wait for his turn to come.
It's only an issue if he starts getting really upset about it.

Hopefully we'll still be wondering come the summer if he's any good in our team because that would mean that Romero and VdV will have stayed fit.

Don't think anyone is suggesting that we move to a back three to accommodate him.

I wasn't saying we "should" go for a 3 at the back from the start, if you read the following words wot I wrote it says why we probably shouldn't go down that route. It's not the idea that's regressive, it's not having the midfield for it anyway, much like in Conte times but that's one for another day. When (if but it looks likely) Alonso wins the Bundesliga with a back three it won't seem regressive, as it didn't when Conte won the premier league, but you need players that are good enough. City have often played a back 3, I could continue but I hope you get the point.

But yes there's not a desperate rush to get him in the team, I don't see anyone saying he "must play", not even his gobbrick agent so not sure who you're referring to. My point is the wry irony that now we've got suitable back up, the first choice pairing suddenly know how to stay fit and not get suspended. Even if we don't have to call on Radu this season I'm still very glad we were able to get him in because it was a glaring gap in terms of squad depth. It gives us a better chance of actually doing something next season, a shame we didn't give ourselves a chance of doing anything this season but hey ho.

Yeh it seems this to me. He doesn't have to play, him not playing is maybe more a sign we have fitness and form on our side (despite defeat I think the CBs are fine).

Seems more of him not playing is made than it should be

I wasn't saying we "should" go for a 3 at the back from the start, if you read the following words wot I wrote it says why we probably shouldn't go down that route. It's not the idea that's regressive, it's not having the midfield for it anyway, much like in Conte times but that's one for another day. When (if but it looks likely) Alonso wins the Bundesliga with a back three it won't seem regressive, as it didn't when Conte won the premier league, but you need players that are good enough. City have often played a back 3, I could continue but I hope you get the point.

But yes there's not a desperate rush to get him in the team, I don't see anyone saying he "must play", not even his gobbrick agent so not sure who you're referring to. My point is the wry irony that now we've got suitable back up, the first choice pairing suddenly know how to stay fit and not get suspended. Even if we don't have to call on Radu this season I'm still very glad we were able to get him in because it was a glaring gap in terms of squad depth. It gives us a better chance of actually doing something next season, a shame we didn't give ourselves a chance of doing anything this season but hey ho.
Ah my post wasn't directed at you directly. More just my thoughts regarding Dragusin and the things I've bee seeing online regarding him. To many fans because we bought him he has to play when clearly he was always a squad option. That's what successful teams do, they buy quality players that don't always automatically start. We've been too conditioned to the idea of just having a quality 11 and no depth so my post was really in relation to that thinking (not yours).

Regressive was really just in relation to ourselves, ie. It would be a regression to return to that system. I can't lie though I do not like 3 at the back, but I'll handily admit to being a midfield supremacist. 😅

I want the numbers in midfield and I always want to control the midfield. I actually hate 3 at the back tbh, but it can of course work (like any system) with the correct players but we are quite far from that imo (and yours).

Used the ball well, defended well, got a couple of good interceptions on the edge of the area and also cut out a cross really well. I’m very encouraged even though it’s very early days.

Was bricking it when VdV went off but Dragusin looks a good replacement.

1000045448.jpg

Debuts in the national team first time in Euro qualifiers, becomes key player, shows he is really mature for his age and plays full minutes.

Romania 3rd best defense with only 5 goals conceded, Dragusin the biggest reason for that. Think he can handle the pressure.

Difficult to judge one half where we were mostly in complete control against 10 men. Ever so slightly dodgy start? (is that harsh?) lost a physical duel, picked up the yellow. But then quickly got settled in (not easy to suddenly come on for an injured player when not fully integrated yoursef).

Looked to impose himself on the game on and off the ball, looked comfortable in possession. Good defensively. Yeah, definitely looks good.

Back