• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Radu Drăgușin

Not sure I agree with that. When we signed him we had won pretty much every game and were top of the league.

Not Dragu’s fault the collapse since obviously, but our issues have been since the winter window.

Think you got your timelines confused, Dargusin came in at the end of VDV/Romero coming back from injuries/suspensions

Not sure I agree with that. When we signed him we had won pretty much every game and were top of the league.

Not Dragu’s fault the collapse since obviously, but our issues have been since the winter window.

We were 5th on the 1st of January bro, it's amazing what a quick Google search can do. The same league position we look set to finish in funnily enough.

Does the period in which we lost Romero to suspension and VDV to injury where we were playing Royal and Davies at CB ring any bells? Both players did unbelievably well given their limitations but it's hard to argue that we'd have been better off with an out and out back up CB that is more suited to our system than say Dier for example.

Think you got your timelines confused, Dargusin came in at the end of VDV/Romero coming back from injuries/suspensions

We were 5th on the 1st of January bro, it's amazing what a quick Google search can do. The same league position we look set to finish in funnily enough.

Does the period in which we lost Romero to suspension and VDV to injury where we were playing Royal and Davies at CB ring any bells? Both players did unbelievably well given their limitations but it's hard to argue that we'd have been better off with an out and out back up CB that is more suited to our system than say Dier for example.

Fair enough, my perception is that it went tits up after the Chelsea game, and my perception is that that was mid December.

I have to say it was baffling me why we didn't try this earlier, such as the Chelsea or Liverpool games, but better late than never i guess...

I have to say it was baffling me why we didn't try this earlier, such as the Chelsea or Liverpool games, but better late than never i guess...
Because Ange wanted VDV pace through the middle to counter fast counters. I get that Dragusin had a good game but people aren't taking the match into context. City are not a play fast on the break side, they like the ball, they often slow things down. If there was ever a game where we didn't neccesairly need VDV pace through the middle this was it.

Now Dragusin has played and played well maybe Ange will consider using him this way but we've seen in his previous performances that whilst he is quick he can't mop up the way VDV's pace allows him to.

Last edited:
I thought he played outstanding in one of the toughest games of the season. What impressed me was that he played with urgency and tried to move the ball up the pitch on numerous occasions rather than play the safe sideways or backwards pass. He may not have Cuti's technical ability, but he more than makes up for it with his determination. Another potential gem of a CB.

If only his agent could stfu... (although I do believe Radu might tell him to fudge off after another season or two)

Because Ange wanted VDV pace through the middle to counter fast counters. I get that Dragusin had a good game but people are taking the match into context. City are not a play fast on break side, they like the ball, they often slows things down. If there was ever a game where didn't neccesairly need VDV pace through the middle this was it.

Now Dragusin has played and played well maybe Ange will consider using him this way but we've seen in his previous performances that whilst he is quick he can't mop up the way VDV's pace allows him to.
Agree that this was the rationale for him playing. But Ange has to find a way to play him more next season, whether that be rotating our CBs a bit more or different systems because this guy is really good and would not want to lose him.

Of course we will have Europe and injuries will come into play so that hopefully will be enough along with him being picked just because of his quality. I feel this is a position where we have recruited someone that although has a different skillset to VDV/Romero he enables there not to be any real drop off in quality when he plays so he needs to be utilised properly.....

Agree that this was the rationale for him playing. But Ange has to find a way to play him more next season, whether that be rotating our CBs a bit more or different systems because this guy is really good and would not want to lose him.

Of course we will have Europe and injuries will come into play so that hopefully will be enough along with him being picked just because of his quality. I feel this is a position where we have recruited someone that although has a different skillset to VDV/Romero he enables there not to be any real drop off in quality when he plays so he needs to be utilised properly.....
Oh I agree completely I just understand why Ange didn't do it. Next season like you say, we are going to need a rotation of CBs regardless and hopefully we don't make the mistakes of the past where we would just drop a defender in cold who isn't up to speed and who has been getting games recently and expecting to play to the level they are capable of.

For me Ange has been good this season and I really have no real complaints, I see the issues we've had as very understandable teething problems of a new setup but like you I do want to see progression and learning. I've always said I don't mind managers making mistakes, but I want to see them learn from them otherwise what is the point?

Oh I agree completely I just understand why Ange didn't do it. Next season like you say, we are going to need a rotation of CBs regardless and hopefully we don't make the mistakes of the past where we would just drop a defender in cold who isn't up to speed and who has been getting games recently and expecting to play to the level they are capable of.

For me Ange has been good this season and I really have no real complaints, I see the issues we've had as very understandable teething problems of a new setup but like you I do want to see progression and learning. I've always said I don't mind managers making mistakes, but I want to see them learn from them otherwise what is the point?
Exactly. I'm happy with Ange, have been critical of him for certain things but you don't just come into a new environment and get everything right immediately - least of all a basket case of a club like ours :D There aren't too many areas where I think we can trust and rotate the 'back ups' without the quality being compromised, but Dragusin is definitely one that Ange can trust IMO.....

I thought he played outstanding in one of the toughest games of the season. What impressed me was that he played with urgency and tried to move the ball up the pitch on numerous occasions rather than play the safe sideways or backwards pass. He may not have Cuti's technical ability, but he more than makes up for it with his determination. Another potential gem of a CB.

If only his agent could stfu... (although I do believe Radu might tell him to fudge off after another season or two)
Yeah, definitely ambition and some quality on the ball in him. Good to see. Daylight between him and someone like Sanchez for example.

Also daylight between him and Romero of course, but at 22 and with decent looking technical ability and composure on the ball there's room for quite a bit of development.

Thought he did well and obviously enjoyed that block he made, was getting worried that he may be considering his place here after seeing Skipp and others brought into defensive posistions over the last few weeks. hope he gets another chance against Sheffield.
Definitely hope he starts against Sheffield. But unfortunate timing wise for him and us that the period of suspensions and injuries and CB was before he came in and the period without those was after he came in. But such is life. He'll get more game time next season.

Definitely hope he starts against Sheffield. But unfortunate timing wise for him and us that the period of suspensions and injuries and CB was before he came in and the period without those was after he came in. But such is life. He'll get more game time next season.

Good point.

Agree, very impressed with him in general play and defending set pieces. A warrior.

Though I'm a bit concerned that Radu Cuti Lolo Deki is not a set of names to strike fear into opponents.

Sidebar: I am doing a project about Urinary Tract Infections at work, UTI and there is a chronic variant called cUTI. Puts a different spin on that nickname.

Agree, very impressed with him in general play and defending set pieces. A warrior.

Though I'm a bit concerned that Radu Cuti Lolo Deki is not a set of names to strike fear into opponents.

Sidebar: I am doing a project about Urinary Tract Infections at work, UTI and there is a chronic variant called cUTI. Puts a different spin on that nickname.
You're right. But Dragusin, Romero, Benta, and Kulusevski should. ;)

We should come up with a song for him to the tune of "Rasputin"

Dra- Dra- Dragusin
and you fill in the rest...

Back