• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Radu Drăgușin

"Tuchel called him(Drăgușin) and they spoke for about 30 minutes. Radu spoke with Postecoglou 3 times. Napoli and AC Milan also wanted him, he chose Spurs" - Dragusin's agent.

Last edited:
Just when you think you're out, they Dragusin.

giphy.gif

"Tuchel called him(Drăgușin) and they spoke for about 30 minutes. Radu spoke with Postecoglou 3 times. Napoli and AC Milan also wanted him, he chose Spurs" - Dragusin's agent.
If I'm not mistaken, Spurs had expressed interest in him much before the window opened and Bayern came in only at the last minute. It makes sense that he would choose the club that has been tracking him for a while. We may not be Bayern, but we're still a big club, and a club's ongoing interest makes a big difference to a player in choosing who to join (assuming compensation, club stature, etc. are comparable).

If I'm not mistaken, Spurs had expressed interest in him much before the window opened and Bayern came in only at the last minute. It makes sense that he would choose the club that has been tracking him for a while. We may not be Bayern, but we're still a big club, and a club's ongoing interest makes a big difference to a player in choosing who to join (assuming compensation, club stature, etc. are comparable).

Comment was we have been looking at him since Paratici was officially in role ..

One thing that strikes me is the "type of person" we recruit as a club. Seems, like being a calm and good natured person is a criteria. From kane loris son verts even dele... All can qualify as nice guys

One thing that strikes me is the "type of person" we recruit as a club. Seems, like being a calm and good natured person is a criteria. From kane loris son verts even dele... All can qualify as nice guys
I agree. Nice guys in general in their life, not so much on the football pitch for all of them.

I think it's perhaps something that gets overlooked with Paratici signing (or being involved with signing) Juve "rejects" and with the alleged extent of his contact network.

We all know from experience how difficult it can be to evaluate others based on limited interactions. Paratici signing Juve "rejects" can be just as much about these being players he's had the chance to really get to know about on a personal level (and indirectly through coworkers).

Same with him having a lot of connections. One thing is the talent Identification, but I doubt he really needs a good network for that. He can probably spot a talent and their qualities and how they would fit in to our system. But the personal stuff, you really need someone who knows the person quite well.

I agree. Nice guys in general in their life, not so much on the football pitch for all of them.

I think it's perhaps something that gets overlooked with Paratici signing (or being involved with signing) Juve "rejects" and with the alleged extent of his contact network.

We all know from experience how difficult it can be to evaluate others based on limited interactions. Paratici signing Juve "rejects" can be just as much about these being players he's had the chance to really get to know about on a personal level (and indirectly through coworkers).

Same with him having a lot of connections. One thing is the talent Identification, but I doubt he really needs a good network for that. He can probably spot a talent and their qualities and how they would fit in to our system. But the personal stuff, you really need someone who knows the person quite well.

Yep, super interesting over last couple of interviews what Ange was saying on the process, something kind of like
- Position need identified
- Scouting/DoF role start building target list
- Shortlisting happens
- Work is done into the players background/personality/etc. (to your point re Paratici)
- Ange talks to player (he actually referenced the fact that he uses the research they do in his call with player to let them know, we are interested in them)

We clearly have realized having a player who is eager to play for this club, a player that is eager to build their ability/career, a player who gives his all, is better than talent without the drive, or someone cashing in. We have all seen the Pogba's, Ndombele's, others of the game.

Yep, super interesting over last couple of interviews what Ange was saying on the process, something kind of like
- Position need identified
- Scouting/DoF role start building target list
- Shortlisting happens
- Work is done into the players background/personality/etc. (to your point re Paratici)
- Ange talks to player (he actually referenced the fact that he uses the research they do in his call with player to let them know, we are interested in them)

We clearly have realized having a player who is eager to play for this club, a player that is eager to build their ability/career, a player who gives his all, is better than talent without the drive, or someone cashing in. We have all seen the Pogba's, Ndombele's, others of the game.
Absolutely. And seems like a sound process.

Of course we mostly need players with both the talent and drive. That also fit the system. That's how we've ended up with some real top class players in the past and now. But that won't always be possible. And if it's a choice between top talent or top attitude perhaps better to go for the latter of the two.

| Florin Manea, agent of Radu Dragusin, on the fact that his client is yet to start a match for #Spurs:“You have nothing to worry about, it’s normal. After this defeat [to Wolves], I hope he will get his chance. He couldn’t have knocked them all out [of the team]. Romero is a world champion. Van de Ven played well. He works hard in training. It was noticed by the manager and his teammates. He’s training well. He will play enough before the Euros to not be out of rhythm.”[
@fanatik_ro
via
@Sport_Witness
]

Back