• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Quickest way to lose weight?

I had lost nearly 2st in 3 months. I think I've put back on 4lb, but not going back to diet until new year.

Ive drunk so much in Nov and Dec im literally so off booze, a few weeks off will do me a lot of favours as im feeling massively run down with all the booze and lost sleep..

Throw some healthy eating and some exercise in the mix and I hope ill lose a few pounds of the gut

Ive drunk so much in Nov and Dec im literally so off booze, a few weeks off will do me a lot of favours as im feeling massively run down with all the booze and lost sleep..

Throw some healthy eating and some exercise in the mix and I hope ill lose a few pounds of the gut

don't you have a disease? should you be drinking so much with your disease? i admire people like you who have to live with a disease

;)

don't you have a disease? should you be drinking so much with your disease? i admire people like you who have to live with a disease

;)

I have Crohn's but its been in remission for 12 years now, drinking probably doesnt help my tummy as it upsets people with normal guts, I still do it though

Got some new scales for Christmas that seem pretty decent and accurate so far. Measure weight, BMI, visceral fat, skeletal muscle and body fat. I know its not all about figures but will still be nice to monitor it over a few months as I'm setting a few new years targets.

Just don't weigh yourself too often

Once every 2 weeks would be perfect, otherwise you'll get disillusioned and fall into bad habits

Repeat 2-4 weeks gap before weighing yourself again

Weight hasn't got much to do with health and fitness.

Are you lot women from the 80's?

Anthony Joshua just rinsed Mo Farah at Superstars btw.

Weight hasn't got much to do with health and fitness.

Are you lot women from the 80's?
Weight is a good way of monitoring progress, though. If you do so periodically and under the same conditions then you know where you stand (obviously weighing yourself dehydrated will get you nowhere).

Weight is a good way of monitoring progress, though. If you do so periodically and under the same conditions then you know where you stand.

Not really. If you contracted the norovirus and lost loads of weight that would be water and nutrients and leave you feeling awful and being unhealthy.

If you worked out and put on muscle you would weigh more.

If I weigh 12 stone today and 12.5 stone in 3 weeks' time, is that good or bad?

Weighing yourself to gauge fitness is like weighing your car to gauge sportiness. There is a relation, but not a lot.

But is also monitors visceral fat and general body fat and that would be going down you would hope so they can be some use and if your aim is to lose some weight then of course you need to measure it.

I'll probably do it weekly for first 2 months and see how I get on.

Not really. If you contracted the norovirus and lost loads of weight that would be water and nutrients and leave you feeling awful and being unhealthy.

If you worked out and put on muscle you would weigh more.

If I weigh 12 stone today and 12.5 stone in 3 weeks' time, is that good or bad?

Weighing yourself to gauge fitness is like weighing your car to gauge sportiness. There is a relation, but not a lot.
If you know for what reason why you have lost weight and whether or not your fat composition has changed, then under the same conditions you can see whether your diet is woring or not. When gaining muscle - weight is an essential part. If you're not gaining weight during a bulking phase then you have to up your calories accordingly. Say, 250 kcals more a day - if that doesn't work then add on another 150 etc.

I know what you're saying, but weight is still very important as it's a small part of the big picture.

Has anyone tried this Insanity P90x workout? Friend of mine recommended it, said its all over those late night shopping ads but he says its really good. Very hard but good.
I managed to download the 14 disc set which is worth over 100 quid! Gonna start on Monday. It just looks like an intense cardio circuit but it seems to get rave reviews so thought of giving it a try... 60days time we'll see if it works

Has anyone tried this Insanity P90x workout? Friend of mine recommended it, said its all over those late night shopping ads but he says its really good. Very hard but good.
I managed to download the 14 disc set which is worth over 100 quid! Gonna start on Monday. It just looks like an intense cardio circuit but it seems to get rave reviews so thought of giving it a try... 60days time we'll see if it works

Depends what your goals are, if you're just looking to lose a bit of weight it will do the job.

they advertise that on tv shopping channels during the night. it looks like a lot jumping,sit ups,skipping,starjumps in front of a tv. I think davina mcall has a similar dvd out now and surprisingly been given a big thumbs up by all the experts.

its the flavour of the month now,doing high intensity excercises over a short amount of time.

I have the P90x workout and its hard to follow as the diet always fudges me up, then I get bored and drink alcohol and forget about it. never got passed 2 weeks of it.

Now though, Im just eating well, training 5 days a week and going to cut out alchohol for January and see what results I get.

Just do as Jonas Colting does. No carbs. Lots or protein and fat. Job done

JonasColting1.jpg

they advertise that on tv shopping channels during the night. it looks like a lot jumping,sit ups,skipping,starjumps in front of a tv. I think davina mcall has a similar dvd out now and surprisingly been given a big thumbs up by all the experts.

its the flavour of the month now,doing high intensity excercises over a short amount of time.

Not really, things like interval training are well established

I have the P90x workout and its hard to follow as the diet always fudges me up, then I get bored and drink alcohol and forget about it. never got passed 2 weeks of it.

Now though, Im just eating well, training 5 days a week and going to cut out alchohol for January and see what results I get.

I start tomorrow. Not drinking isnt a problem for me as I have a driving job so im T-total most of the time and only have the odd beer at homr but can manage without. My mates on day 11 of insanity and says hes enjoying it altho was hard to start with. Im lookin to get fit mainly, weight loss is 2nd to that. Im fairly broad shouldered and big built anyway so dont tend to lose a great deal, altho Id like to get down to 15st. Currently 17.5st and 6'1" so clinicly obese lol. But im reasonably active... Play footy on sundays and cycle bout 10mile 2 or 3 times a week

Back