• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Priority positions this window

I agree that we desperately need a new keeper mate. Just think we're equally desperate for 2 new CBs (if we're going to persist with playing 3 of them)

Not as desperate right now imo. And definitely not as desperate for two of them.

Lloris has become a real liability. Dier, Lenglet and Davies are at the very least functional (I would argue even better than that, but just for the sake of this point at least functional).

A good functional mid table PL level GK would improve us. A good functional CB wouldn't. Never mind a very good goalkeeper.

Not as desperate right now imo. And definitely not as desperate for two of them.

Lloris has become a real liability. Dier, Lenglet and Davies are at the very least functional (I would argue even better than that, but just for the sake of this point at least functional).

A good functional mid table PL level GK would improve us. A good functional CB wouldn't. Never mind a very good goalkeeper.
A keeper who is modern in style (can pass a ball) and literally doesn’t drop clangers would in theory stop us going behind as easily
That takes away a one goal shift every 4th game and growing

Hard to see us being able to get a really good keeper in this window, we really should have seen Lloris was not the keeper he used to be( and in all honesty he has been past it for a couple of seasons). A lot of our fans blame our CBs for the amount of goals we concede ( and they are not blameless) but i have played at CB during the end of my time as a player and IF the keeper behind you keeps making stupid mistakes ( and Lloris havd started to do that) then you are always on edge when you are supposed to take control of a situation.

Now i am not saying ( at all) that our are CBs are top players but when you are unsure of the keeper behind you ( and what he will/can do) then you WILL get things wrong at times. In all honesty we can improve several posistions for sure but UNTIL we sort the keeper situation we will always face problems.

Hard to see us being able to get a really good keeper in this window, we really should have seen Lloris was not the keeper he used to be( and in all honesty he has been past it for a couple of seasons). A lot of our fans blame our CBs for the amount of goals we concede ( and they are not blameless) but i have played at CB during the end of my time as a player and IF the keeper behind you keeps making stupid mistakes ( and Lloris havd started to do that) then you are always on edge when you are supposed to take control of a situation.

Now i am not saying ( at all) that our are CBs are top players but when you are unsure of the keeper behind you ( and what he will/can do) then you WILL get things wrong at times. In all honesty we can improve several posistions for sure but UNTIL we sort the keeper situation we will always face problems.

Absolutely. And similar story when playing out through pressure and the deepest player (goalkeeper) is fairly consistently playing sub par passes.

0BB1A7AE-D565-4C70-8082-8A1D5FA3A59C.jpeg
Absolutely. And similar story when playing out through pressure and the deepest player (goalkeeper) is fairly consistently playing sub par passes.
My favourite is his 30 yards floater to the left sided wing back
Takes about 5 minutes to get there by which time the position full back can jump and flatten out wing back and they have a turnover so close to our goal
Saudi Sportswashing Machine second goal came from that and pool have had so much success against us from that over the years

View attachment 14948
My favourite is his 30 yards floater to the left sided wing back
Takes about 5 minutes to get there by which time the position full back can jump and flatten out wing back and they have a turnover so close to our goal
Saudi Sportswashing Machine second goal came from that and pool have had so much success against us from that over the years

Part of the frustration there is that passes to those areas can be really effective if done right. But they're risky so there needs to be consistency.

Part of the issue is how those passes are executed, but his limited passing range and average pass selection makes it even worse. Opponents know that he can't go really long so easier to defend. When pass selection is poor that floater often becomes the only option so it happens not because it's a good ball to play, but because that's the only thing left.

I really think a proper ball playing goalkeeper can make a big difference for us.

Henderson and Ramsdale did back to back seasons at Bramall Lane. Henderson was one of the main reasons they finished 9th in the league. Ramsdale was one of the main reasons they finished 20th.

Back