• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Priority positions this window

Pirate55

The Last Man Standing 17/18
For me, in order

1. Centre back. We can improve on both Dier and Davies/Lenglet

2. A new attacker. When Kulunwas out and with Lucus unavailable, we really looked lightweight there

3 Right wingback. We have three arm. One is not a wingback, one is inconsistent and one the manager for some reason doesn't fancy.

Sell NDombele, LoCelso, Lucas, Winks, Royal and Sanchez

For me, in order:

1. RWB: wing backs are so key in Conte's system for attacking threat and our options there aren't good enough for the reasons you mention

2. Attacker, given Moura is permanently crocked and Gil not deemed good enough, we therefore have just 4 players for 3 positions

3. CB who can player CCB or RCB

Last edited:
Right wing forward - Hurt us more than any position when kulu was out
CB - has to be key losing at recent issue
Rwb - we have options but could be improved upon

Right wing forward - Hurt us more than any position when kulu was out
CB - has to be key losing at recent issue
Rwb - we have options but could be improved upon

Similar to my list. The RWF is an interesting one. Any time we’ve had to play a right footer there the goal output has dried up and it doesn’t suit the system.

Therefore, the pool is quite small for me. A left footer who can also play a 2nd position as will not likely want to sit behind Kulu full time.

If you look through the league there are the likes of:

Mahrez
Bowen
Solly March
Neto
Almiron
Olise

And the untouchables like Salah, Saka and Anthony.

I’m sure I’ve missed a couple.

Or you consider a right footer but they have to have pace and carry a goal threat like Ismailia Sarr.

Or you tweak the system and go 4312….and play any 2 of Kane/Son/Rich and find an AM like Mac Allister. But Kane could always play behind Son and Richy - it just didn’t seem to work as we become narrow and the wing backs offer little in goals.

Similar to my list. The RWF is an interesting one. Any time we’ve had to play a right footer there the goal output has dried up and it doesn’t suit the system.

Therefore, the pool is quite small for me. A left footer who can also play a 2nd position as will not likely want to sit behind Kulu full time.

If you look through the league there are the likes of:

Mahrez
Bowen
Solly March
Neto
Almiron
Olise

And the untouchables like Salah, Saka and Anthony.

I’m sure I’ve missed a couple.

Or you consider a right footer but they have to have pace and carry a goal threat like Ismailia Sarr.

Or you tweak the system and go 4312….and play any 2 of Kane/Son/Rich and find an AM like Mac Allister. But Kane could always play behind Son and Richy - it just didn’t seem to work as we become narrow and the wing backs offer little in goals.
The answer is Alex Scott. He's basically Olise but 12 months younger/behind.

The answer is Alex Scott. He's basically Olise but 12 months younger/behind.
No where near ready
He would be a buy and leave on loan
TBF I’d we got in a Malinowski short term that could work
Issue is you can’t plan long term with conte
Could argue Gil is the next one to come in there TBF and we have him already

No where near ready
We should be planning long term irrespective of Conte. That's Paratici's job.

That buy to loan, then a cheap older short term fix sounds a good idea

Last edited:
We should be planning long term irrespective of Conte. That's Paratici's job.

That buy to loan, then a cheap older short term fix sounds a good idea

A buy to loan wouldn't be a priority position for this January.

I've got to be honest, I wouldn't compare Olise and Alex Scott as players either. I have watched Scott quite a lot and would say that he has a completely different skill sets.

No where near ready

Yeah I’d give Gil a run as back up. They could always go the Edwards route too.

He's a player that we have been monitoring. Conte wouldn't play him, though, so whilst he might be a good signing for the future, we'd have to loan him out for a while.

Which is exactly what we should have done with Spence. Like we did with Kyle Walker years ago.

Conte barely even plays skipp even though he is quite good and prefers the awful sanchez over the average Tanganga.

I am also one on the Olise train, really good player can play a couple of attacking positions and by virtue of coming through the Emirates Marketing Project youth team he actually counts as home grown.

Love Scott but think he plays more a"grealish" role.

Back