• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2013

I know it is pre-season but still it is disappointing we have failed to win in 2 games now. Adebayor is not doing himself any favour by failing to score in pre-season games like this. Worrying thing is we will have to rely on him again next season if we cannot find any new striker.

Agreed. Of course it is pre-season, the results mean nothing, working on new tactics, different teammates, etc. But it makes seeing Arsenal win their first two friendlies 7-nil and 7-1 that much more frustrating.

I know it is pre-season but still it is disappointing we have failed to win in 2 games now. Adebayor is not doing himself any favour by failing to score in pre-season games like this. Worrying thing is we will have to rely on him again next season if we cannot find any new striker.

To early to get to gloomy but if we start the season with ade and defoe us our strikers then it will be like the run in to last season for me. I will not expect anything and will say we have only ourselves to blame.

If we can not afford our first choice strike targets then you go for the second choice. But to try and rely on the strikers who failed us so badly last season is madness and to big a gamble. We are only an injury to bale away from having a real struggle to stay in the top 8. We will not get relegated but we will struggle if we keep the same players as last season.

I know people will say we will play a different formation etc etc. But if we had strikers that could actually score we would have done better laast season and we are risking to much on the form and fitness of one player.

I am still not a fan of levy.

colchester730a.jpg

colchester730b.jpg

colchester730c.jpg

colchester730d.jpg

colchester730e.jpg

colchester730f.jpg

colchester730g.jpg

I wouldn't sweat it.

The players are easing their way back to proper competition and let's not forget the pre season Bent scored a brickload and I think we went unbeaten didn't we? I don't put too much stock in pre season results having a true bearing on how we'll start the season proper.

I wouldn't sweat it.

The players are easing their way back to proper competition and let's not forget the pre season Bent scored a brickload and I think we went unbeaten didn't we? I don't put too much stock in pre season results having a true bearing on how we'll start the season proper.

No, no, I think we should decide NOW who's in the first XI and who's not based purely on these two games.

Tottenham were held to a stalemate at Colchester United in their second pre-season outing after being denied by the home side’s resilient goalkeepers, Sam Walker and Mark Cousins.

Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon were both missing after picking up knocks in training – although they will head to Hong Kong with the rest of the squad this weekend.

Walker made excellent saves to deny Yago Falque and Harry Kane, and Cousins also proved to be unbeatable in the second half.

Colchester almost went ahead from an early corner as the ball dropped to Sanchez Watt, who hit the post.

Tom Huddlestone then hit a 30-yarder at Walker and Andros Townsend twice cut inside and tested the Colchester stopper.

Danny Rose then appealed for two penalties, which were not given, but on the second occasion Falque reached the loose ball and unleashed a thunderous volley which Walker somehow palmed away.

United broke away and ex-West Ham forward Freddie Sears then drove forward, ignoring the run of Jabo Ibehre and shooting just wide of the right post.

The hosts had the first chance of the second half as well as Watt dispossessed Assou-Ekotto and found Tosin Olufemi, who squared for Sears, and his low shot was well saved by Lloris.

At the other end Kane went through one on one with Sam Walker, who came out on top again. The impressive goalkeeper was eventually replaced, but Cousins was equally adept – although he survived an early scare when Defoe charged down his clearance.

Tottenham kept creating chances and Kane took Scott Parker’s through ball and saw his shot before Cousins made a fine double save to deny Defoe and Shaquile Coulthirst, ensuring a deserved clean sheet.

Tottenham: Friedel (Lloris 45), Walker (Naughton 45), Dawson (Fryers 61), Vertonghen (Caulker 45), Rose (Assou-Ekotto 45), Huddlestone (Dombaxe 61), Carroll (Bentaleb 61), Sigurdsson (Parker 45), Townsend (Coulthirst 65), Falque (Defoe 45), Adebayor (Kane 45)

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur/tottenham-hotspur/a_tale_of_two_keepers_as_spurs_are_held_to_a_stalemate_at_colchester_1_2288312

maybe there is something in that twitter rumour that he is out for 6 months

Moose should be alright. Most players who came back from break are being slowly integrated into the pre-season. I bet we'll see Demps/Holtby/Moose etc in Hong Kong.

How amazing is this pre season game for Bournemouth tomorrow, what a squad !!!

The full list of twenty three is made up of the following players: Diego López, Jesús, Mejías; Pepe, Coentrao, Carvajal, Nacho, Mateos, Casado; Khedira, Kaká, Özil, Modric, Di María, Isco, Illarramendi, Casemiro, Cheryshev, Quini; Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzemá, Higuaín and Morata

maybe Bale will take a trip to the south coast tomorrow afternoon:-k

You'd pay it as a Bournemouth fan though.

Depends how strong the actual XI that play are though. I mean, I assume that most will get a run out but potentially

Mejías; Carvajal, Nacho, Mateos, Casado; Illarramendi, Casemiro, Cheryshev, Quini; Modric; Morata

I must admit I dont know where all of them play but would you pay £50 to see that team, Bournemouth fan or not?
Good to see Modric playing Championship football and Higuain not at Arsenal!!

While Redknapp recuperates from knee surgery this man has taken charge of QPR, who lost 1-2 against Udinese today:

article-2371692-1AC5D015000005DC-814_634x423.jpg

DO you remember a few years ago when we had 2 points from 8 games? Well that was after the best pre season I can remember us having in about 20 years. Bent looked world class and Dos Santos really did look like Ronaldinho mark 2. I have since come to the conclusion the important thing is fitness and practice when it comes to pre season

DO you remember a few years ago when we had 2 points from 8 games? Well that was after the best pre season I can remember us having in about 20 years. Bent looked world class and Dos Santos really did look like Ronaldinho mark 2. I have since come to the conclusion the important thing is fitness and practice when it comes to pre season

I remember Bent scoring 10 plus goals and as you all say we all thought wow !!!

Back