• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2013

Bentley scored a few too and looked world class.

Modric looked dogbrick.

Amazing how things turn out :lol:

I used to enjoy the pre-season more when Keane and Pavly was around. It was always enjoyable seeing Pavly score a goal out of nowhere. IIRC, Pavly scored a few goals in pre-season matches.

anyone flying down to Nice for the match against Monaco be warned the place is full of American teenage girls who are very loud and seem determined that everyone know they are American and on holiday in Europe, i enjoyed the cycling down there in the summer but that side of it annoyned me. Also Monaco is a bit brick full of tower blocks which i was not expecting.

Not really. Rather a fan of strikers who score goals consistently, without wasting easy chances.:-"

Robbie Keane, the master of missing sitters but scoring the impossible. Such a talented footballer who never fulfilled his potential. As for Pavlyuchenko, don't even get me started on that complete waste of space.

303 goals in 738 games. And you call him the Master of Missing Sitters? No wonder your opinion is rarely taken seriously.

303 goals in 738 games. And you call him the Master of Missing Sitters? No wonder your opinion is rarely taken seriously.

You can have a player score every single game, but if he misses two sitters a game also then he is a master of missing sitters. I give you Clive Allen from 86/87 as the best example of all.

he did always seem to fluff one on ones :lol:

I personally found that when Keane had time on the ball, he fudged it up. Unless it was a penalty, he was good from the spot. Whether it be a shot, a pass or a decision. But when he didn't have the time to think, he was deadly. He had great off the ball movement in his younger days too, but then he thought himself as a bit of a number 10 and for me that is where he went wrong.

he did always seem to fluff one on ones :lol:

Both him and Defoe are guilty of missing easy chances when they have too much time, probably because they start to overthink things rather than react instinctively as you would when under pressure.

article-2373191-1AEF10E9000005DC-430_634x401.jpg

AVB lol also why does it seem that Defoe always seems to get centre viewing.

article-2373191-1AEF1181000005DC-659_634x422.jpg

these 3, plus David Silva, were on the same fight as the Spurs squad

nearest we are going to get to a couple of top strikers and a world class schemer in Silva :).

Back