• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2013

I think we are probably too scared to get humiliated by a big team in pre-season and have our morale affected for the start of the season. This is especially so when we always only sign new players on the last day of transfer window.

I think we are probably too scared to get humiliated by a big team in pre-season and have our morale affected for the start of the season. This is especially so when we always only sign new players on the last day of transfer window.

:ross:

yes that's exactly the logic behind how teams plan their pre season

It worked a few years ago. Beat Roma 5-0, Bentley and Giovani on fire. Lost away to Boro on the first day and 7 games later we had a new boss!

30k your hopeful !!!! i was thinking more like 20k

Yeah I was thinking it would probably be between 25k-28k. We'll be gagging for a live footy fix by then, already booked the hotel for the weekend.
Once the fixtures are announced on the 19th we can book a few more

Espanyol aren't that bad.

Italian sides often don't seem bothered in pre-season friendlies.

Rather see an organized mid-table La Liga side than a glamorous side playing like a bunch of drunks.

Yeah I was thinking it would probably be between 25k-28k. We'll be gagging for a live footy fix by then, already booked the hotel for the weekend.
Once the fixtures are announced on the 19th we can book a few more

Well till sky/bt get their mits on the fixture.There should be two dates given out the new fixture lists and a tv list say two weeks later so people can plan ahead,but then the travelodge/premier inn people will be clued up as well with their prices.

Espanyol aren't that bad.

Italian sides often don't seem bothered in pre-season friendlies.

Rather see an organized mid-table La Liga side than a glamorous side playing like a bunch of drunks.

Agree, I remember Getafe coming to the lane, albeit in the euro and was astounded by there all around play.

Wouldn't surprise me if they beat us to be fair. Spanish sides usually play very good football, Espanyol aren't a brick team. We were outclassed by Athletic Bilbao and Valencia in two previous Spanish encounters in pre-season. I just hope by then we have a new striker, creative midfielder and are ready to go into the new season all guns blazing.

Wouldn't surprise me if they beat us to be fair. Spanish sides usually play very good football, Espanyol aren't a brick team. We were outclassed by Athletic Bilbao and Valencia in two previous Spanish encounters in pre-season. I just hope by then we have a new striker, creative midfielder and are ready to go into the new season all guns blazing.

Eh it's preseason. If we spend the whole game chasing the ball and improving fitness i think the club would be happy enough with whatever the result ended up being.

Eh it's preseason. If we spend the whole game chasing the ball and improving fitness i think the club would be happy enough with whatever the result ended up being.

definitely. I couldn't care less about pre-season. I was just under the impression that people were quite sad with this game being announced and would have liked something bigger. Who cares!

Well till sky/bt get their mits on the fixture.There should be two dates given out the new fixture lists and a tv list say two weeks later so people can plan ahead,but then the travelodge/premier inn people will be clued up as well with their prices.

They arent daft are they. At least we know we wont be playing on the Saturday on the 24th and 31st August due to the EL play-off games.
I assumed we would be having the home freindly on he 10th or 11th, so managed to get the Prem booked for 3 nights at the cheap rate a few weeks back

Re: Fixture & Ticket News - 2013/14

Barclays Asia Trophy 2013 fixtures

Wednesday 24 July 2013
Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland, kick-off 6pm (11am BST)
Emirates Marketing Project v South China, kick-off 8.30pm (1.30pm BST)

Saturday 27 July 2013
Third-place play-off, kick-off 6pm (11am BST)
Final, kick-off 8.30pm (1.30pm BST)

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 20s
Pre-season friendly announcement coming up... #THFC

Back