• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

the SNP have no right to call a referendum
Westminster gave them the chance and they said NO
it will not happen again for at least a decade

I actually think the SNP are peaking now and they will now suffer as part of the establishment

yep, they can't force it, but they can ask, and ask, and ask, and ask, ad finitum

sooner or later the govt. will give in just to shut them up

the SNP have no right to call a referendum
Westminster gave them the chance and they said NO
it will not happen again for at least a decade

I actually think the SNP are peaking now and they will now suffer as part of the establishment

I think they'll say they have a significant right to call another referendum.

It was said by the "no" campaign that if you voted no Scotland would get a lot more power. That hasn't happened due to the subsequent backlash in England. Plus, the huge swing to a one-policy party in essence clearly gives them a big mandate to ask again.

Lets see what the Tories do when they win. I would give Scotland more power. But lets put things into perspective, they have the votes in Scotland by they still got way less votes than the Lid Dems in Britain. Something has to be done about proportional representation rather than the current system.

But in the end I am glad that the SNP blasted Labour. It has meant leabour have taken a significant loss. And can never rely on Scotland again to get them in government. How they have 59 seats in Scotland for the share of people in Britain is what shocks me.

Oh ....only certain types of moneysbarries out of the evolved species from the ape branch called homo sapiens
are intelligent...and don't tell me monkeybarrie...your one of em?

Some interesting, and entirely false, assertions there.
I can't even remember what the original post was about it is so old.

But I am fundamentally opposed to anyone that is anti people and that just blamed everyone, everything, for their problems - something that is endemic in UKIP.

I believe in fairness, equal opportunity and empathy. Everything UKIP is opposed for all I believe in and would have made the past 10 years of life not possible.

Once the Tories get in they will change the law to English votes for English laws which will wipe out the Scottish influence for a lot of major areas anyway. This will limit Labour influence in the future even if they win a lot of their seats back next election.

yep, they can't force it, but they can ask, and ask, and ask, and ask, ad finitum

sooner or later the govt. will give in just to shut them up
Sturgeon's said they won't, election wasn't about independence. We'll see I guess. I don't think it's unreasonable to think the Scots have just voted for a lefty party (which they normally do) who will offer a strong voice for Scotland at Westminster, rather than making any point about their desire to be separated from the rest of us.

Nice to see Ed Balls lose.

Shame to see Danny Alexander lose his seat - he's quite likeable for a ginger tosser.

Also a bit of a shame to see Clegg suffer so much. He did the right thing last time around and helped stabilise and begin to fix a dangerously wrecked economy - he didn't deserve such cruel and unusual punishment.

Not at all surprising to see that there's a large shy Tory vote, that would-be UKIP voters would protect the Conservatives in marginals and that the country (England, at least) is decidedly a centre-right one. I'll stop short of using the phrase "I told you so" but....... ;)

Sturgeon's said they won't, election wasn't about independence. We'll see I guess. I don't think it's unreasonable to think the Scots have just voted for a lefty party (which they normally do) who will offer a strong voice for Scotland at Westminster, rather than making any point about their desire to be separated from the rest of us.

Nice to see Ed Balls lose.

true, I don't think even they foresaw this though, her balls will be swollen this morning

yep, what a cnut that man is

:D I'll respond to SS when he's (I hope!) sober...

He's said himself his views are from personal experience and not numbers, history, objective facts...

Anyhoo - now to enjoy X-Factor, I mean the elections!

To be fair he got one thing bang on in that post. We will laugh at him.

To be fair he got one thing bang on in that post. We will laugh at him.
I'll respond to SS when he's (I hope!) sober...

Last word on this..Obviously some of you on here are forum buddies..lets gang up....anyone
who has a different point of view..
Most of your points are slanted to suit your own points..Some is so biased and disgusting..
.to call me ss..is just to show how slanted your point of view is towards me.
You don't know me..and to call me that is out of order!
And I have to say paperquote..you and the other guy Ramon come across as smart Alec's
with your own biased point of view.
I have a point of view..
Someone mentioned the colonies.. Yes..It was us the bad British who pushed its weight around the World.
Like so much about Britain years gone by ..the Kings and Aristocracy ruled with an iron fist..sailors were
press gained into a life on the sea..and the ordinary small man was nothing. If you disobeyed your superiors
you were hung drawn and quartered...keelhauled , whipped. tied over a cannon and so on.I cant believe how wicked our past was to the ordinary people of this country. We have only just come out of that period. Women worked down mines..Kids shoved up chimney's . Even in the second World war ,soldiers were forced to go over the top into certain death. Now thats how the ruling classes were.
Even now the ordinary English person is still carrying the can back for what the British Aristocracy did.
I care about all that kind of thing..I care about a lot of things..so I would never want to be involved in killings of any sort
[ss indeed!] don't be so smart as though you have superior knowledge to me.
All I have done is express an opinion that some people like to live in their own communities with there own kind of race.
And at present multiculturalism is not working too well.

Britain has spoken.

For Labour to realistically think they had a chance while absorbing so many lost seats in Scotland (much predicted) is at best wishful thinking.

The tories were the safe vote, and i'm thankful that a large enough section of the population realised, that maybe just now is not the time to rock the boat.

As Scara says above, the economy was a wreck (even confirmed by 'that' letter left by the labour treasury on departing), and anyone with a reasonable grasp of economics would realise the light at the end of the tunnel wasn't even there, and to be truthful is barely there now. The numbers are still massive. When trying to maneuver, they are often caught between a rock and a hard place given the situation. All they can do is try and limit the pain felt by the masses.

I hate it when people spew out the 'but they've has 5 years to sort it out.....the tories haven't got a clue....you can't blame the previous govt' etc. This time you can. We were f*cked. Whick is ok if the previous 20years of 'good times' you saved a penny or two. And when people spew out these armchair comments who do they think the alternative is going to be..er Labour.

And lets be honest, politics is a personality game and most people would be lying if they denied it didn't have some influence over whether they voted for 1 party or another. With Red Ed your just on to a loser from the offs, right from the moment he beat his (much more likeable/believable) brother, via all the media,PR,presentation training in the world he just carries no charisma,authority,depth in anything he does. And as for Ed Balls...well.

The lib dems really have paid the price of their moment in the limelight, and have been replaced (% wise) by the rise of UKip. Anyone know the make-up of the Ukip vote ie which party they have migrated from and social status??

Last word on this..Obviously some of you on here are forum buddies..lets gang up....anyone
Most of your points are slanted to suit your own points..Some is so biased and disgusting..
And I have to say paperquote..you and the other guy Ramon come across as smart Alec's
I have a point of view..
Someone mentioned the colonies.. Yes..It was us the bad British who pushed its weight around the World.
Like so much about Britain years gone by ..the Kings and Aristocracy ruled with an iron fist..sailors were
press gained into a life on the sea..and the ordinary small man was nothing. If you disobeyed your superiors
you were hung drawn and quartered...keelhauled , whipped. tied over a cannon and so on.I cant believe how wicked our past was to the ordinary people of this country. We have only just come out of that period. Women worked down mines..Kids shoved up chimney's . Even in the second World war ,soldiers were forced to go over the top into certain death. Now thats how the ruling classes were.
Even now the ordinary English person is still carrying the can back for what the British Aristocracy did.
I care about all that kind of thing..I care about a lot of things..so I would never want to be involved in killings of any sort
All I have done is express an opinion that some people like to live in their own communities with there own kind of race.
Freudian slip by me..I meant first WW..my parents went through the second ..bless them.....

And the winners are the best of a bad bunch. I'm so happy the lefties in Labour didn't get in that would've been disastrous. Ta ta Wallace!

The person who REALLY won the election...

rupert_murdoch.jpg

Great, the rich folk carry on getting richer and the poor poorer. This country is a shambles.

I have a point of view..

Ok... Would you mind educating me on the relative contribution of the colonies to the growth of Britain and British culture in general and more specifically the contribution of the colonies to the war effort in WW1 and WW2?

Seems like you're expressing a fairly typical anti-intellectual sentiment. "Don't you come here with knowledge against my opinions..."

You expressed an opinion, people disagree. It has nothing to do with being forum buddies, just that several people disagreed with the opinions you expressed. And then, guess what, they expressed their opinions.

Back