• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Early postal votes suggest that the Conservatives are doing better in Con/Lab marginals than expected. Labour are looking like they'll be lucky to get into the high 260s.

Cameron probably won't pull a majority together, but based on what those coming back from postal vote counts are saying, 271 is very ambitious for Labour.

The nerds over at UK Polling Report seem to think the story is untrue (from labour-uncut from what I gather). I'm not qualified to say either way, but a lot of the posters over there seem to know their onions.

Early postal votes suggest that the Conservatives are doing better in Con/Lab marginals than expected. Labour are looking like they'll be lucky to get into the high 260s.

Cameron probably won't pull a majority together, but based on what those coming back from postal vote counts are saying, 271 is very ambitious for Labour.

Interesting I wonder are they bringing this into their model.
Postal votes would generally be biased in favour of Tories though wouldn't they?

Interesting I wonder are they bringing this into their model.
Postal votes would generally be biased in favour of Tories though wouldn't they?
No. There's a huge amount of electoral fraud in minority communities that skews it heavily to Labour.

Last edited:
The nerds over at UK Polling Report seem to think the story is untrue (from labour-uncut from what I gather). I'm not qualified to say either way, but a lot of the posters over there seem to know their onions.
I've yet to hear a convincing reason why it wouldn't be true.

Everyone counts at these things and early results always come out.

No. There's a huge amount of electoral fraud in minority communities that skews it heavily to Labour.

A load of people got banged up for it in Bradford. Pakistani clan politics. They were abusing the postal vote system. Registering people to vote that didn't exist and posting votes on behalf of people who had no idea and bullying people who did into voting for their guy.

Evidence? So electoral fraud is the sole preserve of ethnic Labour supporters? What a load of cobblers! Ha, ha.
Well, it was Labour that loosened the rules on postal votes and the cases brought so far have been almost exclusively for Labour votes, so yes, it seems that it is mostly a Labour issue.

There have been a number of articles in the press from both sides of the fence - just Google "Labour postal vote fraud" and see for yourself.

Miliband doesnt seem to be in control of his own party's campaigning. Who's idea was it to send Eddie Izzard to Scotland? Why did Blair pop up earlier in the campaign?

He is, just as much as Cameron is the puppet of the rich.

Not disagreeing with you, but you checked the average salary of a union boss?

Don't think for one minute that Labour are champions against "the man".

If anything, Labour are more deceitful than the Tories who make no bones bout many of their privileged upbringings.

He is, just as much as Cameron is the puppet of the rich.

If anything, Labour are more deceitful than the Tories who make no bones bout many of their privileged upbringings.
And let's not forget that the rich tend to run businesses which employ people and pay tax.

Unions just want to ruin the country for the (very short-term) benefit of their own members.

Ive just looked at BBc to see Milliband speaking..nothing positive is there..

just blatant lies................. The NHS was never any better under Labour.

I knew someone from wales..who was a solid Labour supporter and who canvased for
them at elections. He had to have an Urgent by pass op ..that was cancelled.
He wrote to downing street Blair was there] to let them know after all the effort he had put in to help
the Labour Party ..they had let him down when he most needed the help to
save his life..
weeks later he died on the operating table..Now you could say..thats the way it goes..but this was
different he needed that op urgently..This was under Labour..
and what was that plaid cymru lady saying the other week ..on how the Labour Party had fallen down on healthcare
in wales over recent years..

Even more lies about working people..I'm working class ..
so are we going to let them wreck the Economy to put more money into poorer peoples pockets..
and we know that wont happen anyway!!
the statistics as they stand with the Conservatives lib dem in Government [not that show that poorer people
are better off since they have been in power..and thats ontop of paying off some of the enormous debt by the last
labour government..words fail...an the absolute lies by Milliband disgusts me..

I'm not voting Conservative BTW I just had to write about the lies by Milliband.

Farrage seems to be the only person who understands this..but gets all the abuse
for telling the truth about immigration ..I don't understand how people turn a blind
eye to this ..wake up to this dilemma of the disintegration of the English as a
community. and is it fair.

apart from that..and I know I'll get all closet racist remarks...but what about the
infrastructure of our hospitals with this huge population alone.

Lets just let everyone from all over the World come and live in Britain..

this is whats happening. Where do you draw a line?

I can't see China or Japan letting this happen! with thousands of people
just simply walking into their countries as is happening in Britain.
because naturally they like their way of life ..or India or Pakistan

Anyway..I fear its too late now. isn't it! but I have to vote what I feel is right .I wont be voting
tactically because of the above.

I'm voting with my heart and mind to try and save whats left of England..
Now. I have said what a lot of people fear but are scarred to say...

And remember to look back at this time, ten years or so from now
to see how bright the future looks in this country.

I do care about people and whats happening around the World..but for the
most part its a struggle just to try and keep things together at home...
and if that falls apart nobody gets help because you have to have an intact
way of life that can allow freedom of speech and Democracy.

Why am I writing all of this anyway?....time waits for no man....
and life is but a trickle!

Ive just looked at BBc to see Milliband speaking..nothing positive is there..

just blatant lies................. The NHS was never any better under Labour.

I knew someone from wales..who was a solid Labour supporter and who canvased for
them at elections. He had to have an Urgent by pass op ..that was cancelled.
He wrote to downing street Blair was there] to let them know after all the effort he had put in to help
the Labour Party ..they had let him down when he most needed the help to
save his life..
weeks later he died on the operating table..Now you could say..thats the way it goes..but this was
different he needed that op urgently..This was under Labour..
and what was that plaid cymru lady saying the other week ..on how the Labour Party had fallen down on healthcare
in wales over recent years..

Even more lies about working people..I'm working class ..
so are we going to let them wreck the Economy to put more money into poorer peoples pockets..
and we know that wont happen anyway!!
the statistics as they stand with the Conservatives lib dem in Government [not that show that poorer people
are better off since they have been in power..and thats ontop of paying off some of the enormous debt by the last
labour government..words fail...an the absolute lies by Milliband disgusts me..

I'm not voting Conservative BTW I just had to write about the lies by Milliband.

Farrage seems to be the only person who understands this..but gets all the abuse
for telling the truth about immigration ..I don't understand how people turn a blind
eye to this ..wake up to this dilemma of the disintegration of the English as a
community. and is it fair.

apart from that..and I know I'll get all closet racist remarks...but what about the
infrastructure of our hospitals with this huge population alone.

Lets just let everyone from all over the World come and live in Britain..

this is whats happening. Where do you draw a line?

I can't see China or Japan letting this happen! with thousands of people
just simply walking into their countries as is happening in Britain.
because naturally they like their way of life ..or India or Pakistan

Anyway..I fear its too late now. isn't it! but I have to vote what I feel is right .I wont be voting
tactically because of the above.

I'm voting with my heart and mind to try and save whats left of England..
Now. I have said what a lot of people fear but are scarred to say...

And remember to look back at this time, ten years or so from now
to see how bright the future looks in this country.

I do care about people and whats happening around the World..but for the
most part its a struggle just to try and keep things together at home...
and if that falls apart nobody gets help because you have to have an intact
way of life that can allow freedom of speech and Democracy.

Why am I writing all of this anyway?....time waits for no man....
and life is but a trickle!

So...who will you be voting for then..?

They are both as bad as one another on the deceitful track, the state of politics of the two major partys stinks and has done for a long time.

Talking about the salary of union bosses, I am not sure if it is still the case but the arsehole at the PFA was classed as the highest paid a year or two back, nothing to do with this thread though.

Long discussion to be had here, but the bottom line is that the shift in societal conscience since the 60s and 70s has seen people move to a far more 'right' perspective. The idea of social services is increasingly viewed as 'handouts-for-tossers' and anyone who is not vying to make as much money as they can is increasingly seen as 'lazy scum'...by the same token, migrant workers who work their nuts off are seen as 'skewing a living off us'...there is an increasingly money-driven, intolerant atmosphere in society mate. I think one of the great things which remains about British politics is the fact that the Greens, SNP, etc CAN be heard and have a voice, albeit their numbers are small. I hate the UKIP personally and think Farage is a buffoon, however they, too, have the right to exist and be heard. But at the end of the day, the system will find a way to preserve itself, because ultimately, society has shifted too far away from the centre IMO. Would be an interesting discussion to have someday mate...

If society has moved far to the right as you say ..the Tories would walk it.

Maybe they would with a decent leader, the biggest problem they have is that Cameron is such a poor leader.

I don't think he is actually. I think he's the only thing stopping Labour walking the election.

This last government just gone was always going to be a poisoned chalis. Massive cuts were necessary WHOEVER was in power (Labour would have had to do the same, so would the Greens or anyone that preaches 'anti-austerity'). People have felt squeezed, even during an economic recovery.

Cameron's polling has always been significantly ahead of Ed's as a leader or PM, but that's compared to the 'party' polling, which is pretty much neck and neck.

Cameron comes across as a leader, Ed doesn't. That's not to say Ed is better or worse (IMO he's worse, but that's irrelevant to the point), it's just the 'impression' that you get when you see both talk.

Cameron is the first decent leader the Tories got themselves in years.

So...who will you be voting for then..?

my word ..isn't that patently obvious..well there's no kippers in Grimsby these days.
Especially after accidentally coming across Grimsby docks twenty or so years ago .

To see would be to believe. If only I had had a camcorder .
Dock after dock of empty massive refrigerators ..where people would have worked in their
hundreds collecting and filleting the fish all along by the dockside . All of it just gone to nothing..I think
EEC fish laws had something to do with this! Who was allowed to fish and where. This was another chapter that no one remembers anymore.Thanks to Brussels.

so.....no kippers ..vote UKIP...LOL

Its not true that we would not trade with Europe if we were to Leave Brussels.BTW.for Gods sake they are accros
the channel.
Anyway I can't see us coming out of Europe which will mean the English pound
will be Euro, and more decisions on Europe and more money gone to the gravy train of
MEPs in Brussels..your money, for bureaucracy and more decisions being made by
people who don't live in the real world.

do you know.. I'm not really interested in Politics as it stands..
Its Democracy for the People I would like to see..[dreamer me]
thats the real ideal.Just think of it? You and me having a real say in whats going on,instead of
getting the betting pencil out and putting in your cross..Oh yes and this we call Democracy..well to be Fair..I suppose its a start!

Do you know what is the biggest problem facing mankind to-day?
I'm diversifying now..but its still politics...

Apart from asteroid coming out of the sky and to cause a trillion ton
blast..LOL

It is the overpopulation of people on this Earth that is such an important factor.
And when do the Politicians ever talk about this at a G8 meetings ..
Never!
And it is simply the most important thing there is.

Oh yes wait ..there is one other mega World problem for man and women kind
..Nuclear War..NSF..not so funny
but overpopulation could lead us towards this end as well!

Anyway......One day we'll find..LOL or will will.

Back