• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Ed Milliband last night in Leeds: "no I don't think the last Labour government spent too much."

Got destroyed by the audience after that comment and was visibly shaken. A guy in the audience pointed out to him that inflated public services spending had been propped up by selling off the country's gold reserves on the cheap, which he didn't have an answer for. Then another guy said "if I get to the end of the week and I don't have enough money for a pint, I've spent too much." Which got a good laugh.

Bad performance by Ed, and an unbelievable statement about spending. Scary!

I'm no Labour fan, but I thought Ed came out of last night very well. Although I did spend most of the programme despairing about the sound bite rhetoric of the British public - we have to start teaching the Economics as a mandatory subject, as the people are idiots.

As far as the pint analogy goes - it should have been, if I decide to invest my money so I can buy a pint at the end of the week but then Market then crashes I can't buy a pint. But I had to buy the pint in advance due to an impending hops shortage. Now I'm left out of pocket because because the capitalist world is risky, but at least I have a pint to help me move forward again. In hindsight I shouldn't have brought the pint, but I needed to buy the pint as if no one ever buys the pint, there will never be new and improved pints.

Granted that is a little longer winded.

Got to say I thought Ed stuck his neck out a lot last night - it will be interesting to see if it wins him or loses him votes. I know people want honesty, but I don't actually think the public can handle the truth.

I'm no Labour fan, but I thought Ed came out of last night very well. Although I did spend most of the programme despairing about the sound bite rhetoric of the British public - we have to start teaching the Economics as a mandatory subject, as the people are idiots.

As far as the pint analogy goes - it should have been, if I decide to invest my money so I can buy a pint at the end of the week but then Market then crashes I can't buy a pint. But I had to buy the pint in advance due to an impending hops shortage. Now I'm left out of pocket because because the capitalist world is risky, but at least I have a pint to help me move forward again. In hindsight I shouldn't have brought the pint, but I needed to buy the pint as if no one ever buys the pint, there will never be new and improved pints.

Granted that is a little longer winded.
That could have been simplified as:

When I was earning lots of money I should have put some away in savings and shouldn't have been spending more than I was earning (even though I was earning lots) on credit cards. Now that I'm in a far lower paid job I can't afford the pint because I'm spending all my money on credit card debt.

I think he came out of it terribly. The one thing he had to do to guarantee winning the election was to show the public he understood that Labour spent too much when they should have been running a surplus. He wouldn't do it and in doing so showed everyone that he's part of the same dangerous outfit that fvcked us in the first place.

He was also wearing flood level trousers and the most ugly shoes I've ever seen. This was his last chance to make the public think he has a hope of being the leader and representative of our country and he (literally) stumbled. The man's a joke - the really scary thing is that thanks to a bunch of ginger communists, he's probably going to be a joke that's running the country.

This shows just what Brown was up to when he was in No.11 and precisely what Lesbian Shoes refuses to admit was wrong. Let's not forget that both him and slimy Balls were an active and complicit part of this when it happened.

It really is scary. You could tell he was shaken by the audience's reaction to him as well, I don't know if that came across on the camera, but he was flapping really badly at the economic questions.

The only thing he stuck his neck out about was the fact that he would rather not form a government than work with the SNP.

The rest of the time he was just dodging flak from genuinely angry people who could sense that he not only had no, to little understanding of how the last Labour government fu**ed the country, but had little to no remorse or understanding as to how difficult it has been for people up till recently.

I was glad that finally he was pulled up on his attack on big business and zero-hours contracts too.

An owner of a small tourism company told him that if he banned zero-hours contracts, he wouldn't be able to grow his business, as his business only does well over the summer and he can't afford to employ permanent staff.

Another lady attacked him over the economy who owned a local business. He came back to her with all the things he was going to do for small to medium sized businesses, but she pulled him up on big business attacks, saying that Tesco have had a hard time of it lately and are one of the region's biggest employers and that he needs big business to do well too.

Basically, the audience were very hostile to Ed and he had a hard time dealing with it, but he made them hostile by that one comment, very near the start. It did basically expose what would likely happen if he ends up as PM, basically in 5 years time we'd likely be f***ed again.

It really is scary. You could tell he was shaken by the audience's reaction to him as well, I don't know if that came across on the camera, but he was flapping really badly at the economic questions.

The only thing he stuck his neck out about was the fact that he would rather not form a government than work with the SNP.

The rest of the time he was just dodging flak from genuinely angry people who could sense that he not only had no, to little understanding of how the last Labour government fu**ed the country, but had little to no remorse or understanding as to how difficult it has been for people up till recently.

I was glad that finally he was pulled up on his attack on big business and zero-hours contracts too.

An owner of a small tourism company told him that if he banned zero-hours contracts, he wouldn't be able to grow his business, as his business only does well over the summer and he can't afford to employ permanent staff.

Another lady attacked him over the economy who owned a local business. He came back to her with all the things he was going to do for small to medium sized businesses, but she pulled him up on big business attacks, saying that Tesco have had a hard time of it lately and are one of the region's biggest employers and that he needs big business to do well too.

Basically, the audience were very hostile to Ed and he had a hard time dealing with it, but he made them hostile by that one comment, very near the start. It did basically expose what would likely happen if he ends up as PM, basically in 5 years time we'd likely be f***ed again.

That certainly is a one eyed way of looking at it, from what I saw both Cameron and Milliband took a lot of flack from sections of the crowd, still I guess some see what they want to see.

That certainly is a one eyed way of looking at it, from what I saw both Cameron and Milliband took a lot of flack from sections of the crowd, still I guess some see what they want to see.
A couple of good BBC citizens gave Cameron a bit of individual stick but there was no other point on the show where the crowd as a whole got as agitated as when Lesbian Shoes refused to admit that his party overspent and put us in this mess.

A couple of good BBC citizens gave Cameron a bit of individual stick but there was no other point on the show where the crowd as a whole got as agitated as when Lesbian Shoes refused to admit that his party overspent and put us in this mess.

No offense mate but you views are known to all on here and they only point in one direction. :)

We should also remember that the UK was on a crest of a wave and it was publically demanded that we invest in the areas to give us infrastructure to match our affluence - if Labour had have stood still they would have been accused of being weak and not bettering lives.

But yes they took too much of a risk and of course the crash really exposed that. But its basic economics that when people have increased income the marginal propensity to consume increases. This should, of course be combined with savings and certainly not spending beyond their means - as many citizens did as they thought it would last forever.

That opinion of Lesbian Shoes getting mauled by the crowd is not an exclusively right of centre one - most of the press agrees.

Well most (if not all) papers have a agenda ( like some people), thankfully I judge things with my own eyes not what I read in the flimflam press. And I thought that both leaders ( Clegg is washed up with his party) were given stick over some of their views last night and received the same support on some other opinions.

I have just decided to vote for the tories as i know the mp has done some good constituency work for a friend of mine. Labour parachuted in some bloke from luton and liberals some yokel from devon. Do me a favour.
Their is no differentors for me that count at a national levo el except for keeping the overexcitable scots at bay.
All you letties justifying poncing off of state charity dont help.

The final comment suggests that you decided to vote Tory some time ago, unless it was a choice between Tories and UKIP.

Miliband said his party did not over spend lol. He should have been honest like in the past and admitted the mistakes.

Clegg was purely defensive, he has less respect than Farage due to the tuition fees issue and trying to paint the Lib Dems as the centre between a lefty Labour and a righty Tory party is a fekin oxymoron for a Lib Dem leader.

Didn't listen to Camerons bit, just can't handle listening to the guy.

the tuition fee's thing is strange, yeah the lib dems lost that, but it would never had happened anyway, they got some capital out of it to use elsewhere, what did lib dem voters think the option for Clegg was?

the tuition fee's thing is strange, yeah the lib dems lost that, but it would never had happened anyway, they got some capital out of it to use elsewhere, what did lib dem voters think the option for Clegg was?

Exactly.
But you can't expect the British public to build rationality or analysis into opinions - they are too brainwashed by the media and politicians to think in sound bites and rhetoric. The Tories did stich the lib dems up a bit there, probably confident of getting a majority this time out they wanted to position themselves to take credit for any vote worthy success's in this parliament. And anything that causes rioting is not going to end well!

Exactly.
But you can't expect the British public to build rationality or analysis into opinions - they are too brainwashed by the media and politicians to think in sound bites and rhetoric. The Tories did stich the lib dems up a bit there, probably confident of getting a majority this time out they wanted to position themselves to take credit for any vote worthy success's in this parliament. And anything that causes rioting is not going to end well!

Sadly, this is probably the same the world over; no doubt even worse in the USA...

Back