• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Miliband said his party did not over spend lol. He should have been honest like in the past and admitted the mistakes.
He should, but he can't. If he did he'd have to sack his Shadow Chancellor as he did a year in the treasury when it was vomiting our money all over the workshy and building its army of welfare voters. There's no way he could then appoint him Chancellor after admitting how badly Labour fvcked us all.

Last edited:
He should have done that ages ago.

Someone like chuka umunna seems like a logical candidate. But maybe they are waiting to see what this election will bring.

He should have done that ages ago.

Someone like chuka umunna seems like a logical candidate. But maybe they are waiting to see what this election will bring.
Didn't he need Balls (in both senses of the word) because the NuLab lot wouldn't trust him otherwise? I thought that Balls was put in when Milibland was looking particularly weak in the party and only really had the unions behind him.

If he wins the election as a majority government he will probably have the momentum and the strength to do that, but I can't see it with a Labour minority or if he loses.

It is exciting to see and hear fresh thinking from the people of the north. Their really is hope for rUK when the scots go in their own direction.
Manchester is regenerating and Yorkshire will want to compete.

I thought all three of them handled themselves well. The public enjoy trying to make politicians look bad, as they are ar5eholes (the politicians) and deserve it.

I don't think many votes are going to change as a result of it, but it was good to see them get some digs.

Would have been funny if Milliband stopped all the idiots and just came out with what he wanted to say "We didnt spend enough. We should have spent our way out of recession like every country who can print money can. Austerity was wrong. The Tories used it as an opportunity to make cuts in the welfare budget."

Labour should have countered the economic argument much further out than 1 week from the election. From the point of view of election strategy, it's a mistake to try now.

It really is scary. You could tell he was shaken by the audience's reaction to him as well, I don't know if that came across on the camera, but he was flapping really badly at the economic questions.

The only thing he stuck his neck out about was the fact that he would rather not form a government than work with the SNP.

The rest of the time he was just dodging flak from genuinely angry people who could sense that he not only had no, to little understanding of how the last Labour government fu**ed the country, but had little to no remorse or understanding as to how difficult it has been for people up till recently.

I was glad that finally he was pulled up on his attack on big business and zero-hours contracts too.

An owner of a small tourism company told him that if he banned zero-hours contracts, he wouldn't be able to grow his business, as his business only does well over the summer and he can't afford to employ permanent staff.

Another lady attacked him over the economy who owned a local business. He came back to her with all the things he was going to do for small to medium sized businesses, but she pulled him up on big business attacks, saying that Tesco have had a hard time of it lately and are one of the region's biggest employers and that he needs big business to do well too.

Basically, the audience were very hostile to Ed and he had a hard time dealing with it, but he made them hostile by that one comment, very near the start. It did basically expose what would likely happen if he ends up as PM, basically in 5 years time we'd likely be f***ed again.

I'm sorry. Are we now feeling sorry for big businesses like Tesco? Why, exactly? I'd love an explanation. I think before ANYONE starts worrying about tossers like THAT, they should consider the impact such chains have had on agriculture and farming, let alone small business producers in the food chain.

I'm sure you know the stories about Wal-Mart in the US...

I'm sorry. Are we now feeling sorry for big businesses like Tesco? Why, exactly? I'd love an explanation. I think before ANYONE starts worrying about tossers like THAT, they should consider the impact such chains have had on agriculture and farming, let alone small business producers in the food chain.

I'm sure you know the stories about Wal-Mart in the US...

Didn't you know that starting a bricky business with a crappy business plan underpaying people on zero hours contracts is the most worthwhile thing you can do for society. Business owners all deserve to be knighted/felated.

Didn't you know that starting a crudty business with a crappy business plan underpaying people on zero hours contracts is the most worthwhile thing you can do for society. Business owners all deserve to be knighted/felated.

You are right. I also failed to note that valor and heroism involved in helping change farming practices to the battery/factory system, thus either under-cutting local producers or forcing them to adopt certain practices to remain employed. Oh the selfless acts they engage in...

It really is scary. You could tell he was shaken by the audience's reaction to him as well, I don't know if that came across on the camera, but he was flapping really badly at the economic questions.

The only thing he stuck his neck out about was the fact that he would rather not form a government than work with the SNP.

The rest of the time he was just dodging flak from genuinely angry people who could sense that he not only had no, to little understanding of how the last Labour government fu**ed the country, but had little to no remorse or understanding as to how difficult it has been for people up till recently.

I was glad that finally he was pulled up on his attack on big business and zero-hours contracts too.

An owner of a small tourism company told him that if he banned zero-hours contracts, he wouldn't be able to grow his business, as his business only does well over the summer and he can't afford to employ permanent staff.

Another lady attacked him over the economy who owned a local business. He came back to her with all the things he was going to do for small to medium sized businesses, but she pulled him up on big business attacks, saying that Tesco have had a hard time of it lately and are one of the region's biggest employers and that he needs big business to do well too.

Basically, the audience were very hostile to Ed and he had a hard time dealing with it, but he made them hostile by that one comment, very near the start. It did basically expose what would likely happen if he ends up as PM, basically in 5 years time we'd likely be f***ed again.

That lady of course was a Tory plant
http://labourlist.org/2015/05/about-that-question-time-audience/

Really? How do you/we know this?
Sorry should read 50 %. The BBC selected the audience based on affiliation. 25% for Tories, lab, Lib -Dems and undecided. The aggressive business woman who hounded Ed, claimed to be un-decided, but signed that Tory ad for businesses supporting the Tories, so clearly the % have been duded. Got all this information from UK Polling Report, by far and away the best site on the election.

Actually the audience make up would be in a range of 25-75% that were likely to have supported the coalition as we don't know about the unknowns and it would be incorrect to assume Lib Dem voters were in favour - we know from the questions that one lib dem voter was not in favour.

Also, the audience was based on voting in the 2015 election, not the 2010/election - so actually we cannot tell who was in favour.

Will certainly be interesting to see how things pan out. Likelihood is SNP and UKIP underperform the polls and where those votes go will determine the election.

I've been following Nate Silver's predictions http://fivethirtyeight.com/interactives/uk-general-election-predictions/
The latest update gives Labour + SNP + SDLP enough to get the Queen's Speech passed.
You need 323 seats for a majority (650 + 1 - 5 Sinn Fein (who refuse to take their seats)) / 2
271 Labour + 50 SNP + 2 SDLP (who traditionally support Labour)
Early postal votes suggest that the Conservatives are doing better in Con/Lab marginals than expected. Labour are looking like they'll be lucky to get into the high 260s.

Cameron probably won't pull a majority together, but based on what those coming back from postal vote counts are saying, 271 is very ambitious for Labour.

Back