• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

You doubt my estimated figures? That's good, because I totally plucked them out of nothing as I said in my post.

Large scale immigration doesn't work and you want evidence for this?

What about the riots in Bradford, Blackburn, London, all over the country, Trojan horse, home grown terrorism, 7/7, rise of the right, unsustainable population growth, housing shortages, food shortages, power shortages, the fact that if you go to anywhere that had a large influx of immigrants of a similar background, like bradford, Birmingham, leicester, Brixton, tower hamlets, they are all still there huddled together in their own little areas, speaking their own language, not doing well at school, wearing their own clothes, not mixing whatsoever.

We live in an integrated society? Where do you live? I hope it's better than where I live. Where I live, it's like two different worlds next to each other, ignoring the other and hoping the other will go away and occasionally when they realise they won't go away all he'll breaks lose and half the place ends up on fire. But oh no you sit there on your liberal high horse pretending everything's ok and we can totally ignore millions of years of genetics and evolution.

Genetics and evolution, wow. Could you explain that little. Because at the moment that's sounding a little like a pro eugenics argument. And that's ducking dangerous. As for Brixtton, have you been there lately?

There is quite a lot to get through here but I will try my best but please tell me if I miss anything

You doubt my estimated figures? That's good, because I totally plucked them out of nothing as I said in my post.

I am not sure what the point is then. It sounds like hyperbole and doesn't do much to strengthen your argument

Large scale immigration doesn't work and you want evidence for this?

Yes please

Before I get into the next bit I'd like to say that just because people of a different ethnicity do something bad, it not more means that it is the fault of that ethnic group or means that immigration does not work, than it means that when a white person commits a crime it is your responsibility.

What about the riots in Bradford, Blackburn, London, all over the country,

Someone was shot by the police who should not have been. A highly charged atmosphere was then badly handled and it boiled over. This combined with a mixture of poverty, lack of opportunities, antagonism towards the police, opportunism and criminals on the make meant that it spread. I did not see the rioters being exclusively of one race or there being significant amounts of fighting between different ethnic groups.

Trojan horse,

I'm against faith schools. I think that segregating kids based on religions is the exact opposite of what we should be doing. But again bad things happen and just because they happen to have been carried out by different ethnic groups or religions, it does not meant that all people of that faith or those ethnic groups are bad or that this is proof that people of different ethnic groups living together does not work.

home grown terrorism, 7/7,

Islamic extremism is an international problem and has had an impact on many countries no matter how many immigrants they have in their country.

rise of the right,

Extremists and nationalists always do well during a recession because they offer easy (and incorrect) answers to difficult questions.

unsustainable population growth,

I think that the cost to the economy and society of an ageing population that is less skilled than our competitors would be greater than that caused by population growth.

housing shortages,

That has been caused by successive governments ignoring the problem and relying on rising property values to make home owners feel richer than they really are.

food shortages,

I need some help here. Which food shortages?

power shortages,

We have not really seen this yet but again successive governments have failed to take a long term and strategic view on energy policy. This could easily be resolved now if we could build a consensus on building a mixed range of energy generation.

the fact that if you go to anywhere that had a large influx of immigrants of a similar background, like bradford, Birmingham, leicester, Brixton, tower hamlets, they are all still there huddled together in their own little areas, speaking their own language, not doing well at school, wearing their own clothes, not mixing whatsoever.

I've lived in Tower Hamlets and in south east London (so close to Brixton and went there frequently). I think that the main reason that you see ethnic groupings in inner cities is the availability of affordable housing and the support offered by being with people from a similar background (particularly if you are a new to the country).

Whilst there are some problems with people who struggle to learn English, I think that this is a minority. Obviously children whose parents do not speak English well are going to be disadvantaged but there are ways around this. My step mum lives in Tower Hamlets and volunteers in schools to listen to children read whose parents do not have English as a first language.

I think that the percentage of the population from distinct ethnic groups is probably less than you would think in the areas that you mention and you should visit Brixton again, it has changed quite a lot.

We live in an integrated society? Where do you live? I hope it's better than where I live. Where I live, it's like two different worlds next to each other, ignoring the other and hoping the other will go away and occasionally when they realise they won't go away all he'll breaks lose and half the place ends up on fire.

I live in Kent and work in London. In the past I have lived in Tower Hamlets, Lewisham and Glasgow. The main divide I saw in those cities was between rich and poor. There is plenty of this in the home counties too. I manage teams that contain people from many countries and all major religions.

But oh no you sit there on your liberal high horse pretending everything's ok

I've been careful to to treat you with respect and I have not judged you. I would appreciate it if you could remain civil too. I reserve the right to disagree with you and ask you questions about what you are posting. You are free to do the same of me.

and we can totally ignore millions of years of genetics and evolution.

This sounds a bit dodgy

There is quite a lot to get through here but I will try my best but please tell me if I miss anything

I am not sure what the point is then. It sounds like hyperbole and doesn't do much to strengthen your argument

Yes please

Before I get into the next bit I'd like to say that just because people of a different ethnicity do something bad, it not more means that it is the fault of that ethnic group or means that immigration does not work, than it means that when a white person commits a crime it is your responsibility.

Someone was shot by the police who should not have been. A highly charged atmosphere was then badly handled and it boiled over. This combined with a mixture of poverty, lack of opportunities, antagonism towards the police, opportunism and criminals on the make meant that it spread. I did not see the rioters being exclusively of one race or there being significant amounts of fighting between different ethnic groups.

I'm against faith schools. I think that segregating kids based on religions is the exact opposite of what we should be doing. But again bad things happen and just because they happen to have been carried out by different ethnic groups or religions, it does not meant that all people of that faith or those ethnic groups are bad or that this is proof that people of different ethnic groups living together does not work.

Islamic extremism is an international problem and has had an impact on many countries no matter how many immigrants they have in their country.

Extremists and nationalists always do well during a recession because they offer easy (and incorrect) answers to difficult questions.

I think that the cost to the economy and society of an ageing population that is less skilled than our competitors would be greater than that caused by population growth.

That has been caused by successive governments ignoring the problem and relying on rising property values to make home owners feel richer than they really are.

We have not really seen this yet but again successive governments have failed to take a long term and strategic view on energy policy. This could easily be resolved now if we could build a consensus on building a mixed range of energy generation.

I've lived in Tower Hamlets and in south east London (so close to Brixton and went there frequently). I think that the main reason that you see ethnic groupings in inner cities is the availability of affordable housing and the support offered by being with people from a similar background (particularly if you are a new to the country).

Whilst there are some problems with people who struggle to learn English, I think that this is a minority. Obviously children whose parents do not speak English well are going to be disadvantaged but there are ways around this. My step mum lives in Tower Hamlets and volunteers in schools to listen to children read whose parents do not have English as a first language.

I think that the percentage of the population from distinct ethnic groups is probably less than you would think in the areas that you mention and you should visit Brixton again, it has changed quite a lot.

I live in Kent and work in London. In the past I have lived in Tower Hamlets, Lewisham and Glasgow. The main divide I saw in those cities was between rich and poor. There is plenty of this in the home counties too. I manage teams that contain people from many countries and all major religions.

I've been careful to to treat you with respect and I have not judged you. I would appreciate it if you could remain civil too. I reserve the right to disagree with you and ask you questions about what you are posting. You are free to do the same of me.

This sounds a bit dodgy

=D>=D>=D>

Yes please

This sounds a bit dodgy

=D>=D>=D>

Yes please

This sounds a bit dodgy

Fuc king class rebuttal of all points

Yes please

This sounds a bit dodgy

Fuc king class rebuttal of all points

Yes please

This sounds a bit dodgy

=D> =D>

I'm keen to hear about how Brixton shows the "problem with too much immigration"

Yes please

This sounds a bit dodgy

The genetics and evolution thing is in relation to human's tribal nature. Read The Human Ape. Look at Chimpanzee's behaviour. Humans are naturally tribal and aggressive and uncomfortable with anyone significantly different.

Admittedly, I haven't been to Brixton or Tower Hamlets for a long time. Brixton was subject of sustained rioting was it not, back in the day however?

You might say just because people of a certain ethnicity does something, that it isn't down to immigration. Well I think it is down to too much large-scale immigration of similar groups from poor backgrounds, who group together and have never moved out from poverty and crime. Why do you think there are always flash points between these communities?

Come to Bradford and see if you still think we live in an integrated society.

We're also talking about immigration, not race. Large scale immigration from europe is just as bad.

The ONS predicts population growth to 85 million by 2035 if current rate of growth continues. To cope with this, the government will have to build a town the size of letchworth garden city every 2 weeks. Green belt land will have to be significantly built upon. This is almost exclusively down to immigration. They also predict that although generally younger, immigration will not have a significant effect on the ageing of the population, nor on fertility rates.

If there was no immigration between now and 2035 the population would increase slightly, then fall slightly but remain relatively stable.

The government wants to get net migration down to the 10s of thousands for a reason. It is unsustainable.

Yes please

This sounds a bit dodgy

The genetics and evolution thing is in relation to human's tribal nature. Read The Human Ape. Look at Chimpanzee's behaviour. Humans are naturally tribal and aggressive and uncomfortable with anyone significantly different.

Admittedly, I haven't been to Brixton or Tower Hamlets for a long time. Brixton was subject of sustained rioting was it not, back in the day however?

You might say just because people of a certain ethnicity does something, that it isn't down to immigration. Well I think it is down to too much large-scale immigration of similar groups from poor backgrounds, who group together and have never moved out from poverty and crime. Why do you think there are always flash points between these communities?

We're also talking about immigration, not race. Large scale immigration from europe is just as bad.

The ONS predicts population growth to 85 million by 2035 if current rate of growth continues. To cope with this, the government will have to build a town the size of letchworth garden city every 2 weeks. Green belt land will have to be significantly built upon. This is almost exclusively down to immigration. They also predict that although generally younger, immigration will not have a significant effect on the ageing of the population, nor on fertility rates.

If there was no immigration between now and 2035 the population would increase slightly, then fall slightly but remain relatively stable.

The government wants to get net migration down to the 10s of thousands for a reason. It is unsustainable.

Milo, a bit off topic but where and when did you live in Glasgow and what was your thoughts on the people and city in general.
I have a lot of English friends from Manchester, Derby, Nottingham and the London area as well as contacts from our head office in Birmingham and I always find it fascinating to speak to them about the difference in outlooks and cultures.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Yeah dude I don't know about Bradford at all so won't comment, but the fact that you mention brixton shows that at best you are severely out of touch. Also I don't think you have explained the whole 'evolution and genetics thing' sufficiently, you are treading on seriously suspect ground with that, seriously seriously suspect , scarily suspect, so please explain further as I hope it's not meant how it sounds..... It's sounds scary, and dangerous.

=D> =D>

I'm keen to hear about how Brixton shows the "problem with too much immigration"
Because, what was a fantastic place with lots of really good food and gigs available is now full of immigrant (from Islington), ginger, hipster douchebag w4nkers.

Now it's a terrible place.

Because, what was a fantastic place with lots of really good food and gigs available is now full of immigrant (from Islington), ginger, hipster douchebag w4nkers.

Surely North Londoners emigrating to the savage South can only be a good thing ;)

I went to Bradford just before Christmas as we had a wedding nearby. Only a snapshot of time compared to actually living there. Didn't really notice anything untoward, bar people of different colour and race speaking with the same dour accent. The other half insisted on going into the area more densely populated by immigrants (the favelas as they seem to be portrayed in this thread). She went to Uni and loved it, the people, the culture, the various food smells etc. There are times I think segregation is in the eyes of those who want to see it.

Yes please

This sounds a bit dodgy

A bit dodgy? That adjective demonstrated remarkable restraint. I commend you sir.

So we should cast out those who are physically disabled too because they are 'significantly different to us" and we will end up being violent towards them? WTF. I don't know which 'tribe' you belong to, but neither myself, or any of the people I associate with feel uncomfortable and or aggressive when mixed with people who are significantly different to us.

Absolutely! Hipsters are the one group who I can understand people being prejudiced towards. :ross:

Absolutely! Hipsters are the one group who I can understand people being prejudiced towards. :ross:

So we should cast out those who are physically disabled too because they are 'significantly different to us" and we will end up being violent towards them? WTF. I don't know which 'tribe' you belong to, but neither myself, or any of the people I associate with feel uncomfortable and or aggressive when mixed with people who are significantly different to us.

No, he's right. My wife is a different race to me and beats the sh1t out of me every day -- for no other reason than our genetics are way too different. I've tried 'blacking up' but this only seems to make the beatings worse.

Back