• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

I must admit to having slight hipster tendencies, I'm fussy about how I make coffee and I buy molskine notebooks, oh and I have a beard, not a well kept one mind and pretty much exclusively drink American pale ales

I'm not going south of the river though, or to Hackney for that matter

I have to be careful here because whilst I do not suffer from ginger myself I think that I might be a carrier.

Think this might even be worse then you saying that you thought the scissor sisters version of comfortably numb was better then Pink Floyds.

Milo, a bit off topic but where and when did you live in Glasgow and what was your thoughts on the people and city in general.
I have a lot of English friends from Manchester, Derby, Nottingham and the London area as well as contacts from our head office in Birmingham and I always find it fascinating to speak to them about the difference in outlooks and cultures.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Mid-nineties. I started off in a bedsit on Sauchiehall Street, then moved out to Partick.

I loved it. I think that Glasgow is a brilliant city and I really enjoyed living there. I have been back a couple of times since moving away and each time it has made me seriously think about moving back.

Natalie Bennett got grilled by Andrew Neill today, absolutely no answers on Green policy funding, answered all questions with rhetoric on inequality. Car crash is a good description.

[video=youtube;5dFn8RIXOBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dFn8RIXOBE[/video]

Natalie Bennett got grilled by Andrew Neill today, absolutely no answers on Green policy funding, answered all questions with rhetoric on inequality. Car crash is a good description.

[video=youtube;5dFn8RIXOBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dFn8RIXOBE[/video]

Is anyone surprised though?

Parties like the Green party get away with murder until the spot-light comes on them as they are essentially ideological parties and their manifestos tend to be 'dreamland tick boxes', i.e. what I would love to happen if the world was my personal heaven and we all lived in fairy land rather than reality.

The Green party manifesto isn't designed seriously to govern. Following a previous poster in this thread's recommendation, I actually read their manifesto. Complete car-crash is an apt description.

Their policies are mainly unworkable and don't actually make a lot of sense.

in fact, one of their main policies seems very idealistic, but actually is one of the least-green policies you could actually have. That is the significant scaling down of border controls and their idea that 'the concept of the British citizen shouldn't be as important in the future'. Very ideological.

However, even under current much-tougher immigration policy, the rate of 'net-migration', mainly from the EU is predicted to increase the UK population to an ONS-high level of 95 million by 2035. That's an ONS-high prediction, i.e. if all of our models are out and more people than predicted come, we estimate 95 million.

But that is with non-EU migration into the UK at its lowest level since the 1990s due to newer tough immigration controls introduced by the current government.

If the Greens had their way, it is likely that in addition to current EU immigration, that non-EU immigration would increase significantly again. The ONS high-prediction would probably be significantly exceeded.

So why is very un-green? Well for one, the massive increase in population would mean that significant construction on Green-belt land would likely have to take place in order to cope with housing demand. Road systems, airports and transport infrastructure would have been be significantly upgraded.

Even based on current population levels, their plan for wind-power would seem woefully inadequate, as the current technology for 'green energy sources' just cannot cope with the level of demand that the UK's current cities require, let alone cities with more than double the population currently!

A new town the size of Letchworth Garden City would have to be built every 2 weeks to cope with current population projections. Under the Greens, this would increase massively.

Their plan for 'small scale' cottage industries and localised economies would be blown out of the water by a population surge of unprecedented levels.

What is already one of the most densely populated European country would end up being completely concreted over in order to cope with demand.

The population explosion coupled with their minimum wage policies, well-fare spending plans and green energy plans, would not only likely bankrupt the country, but cause complete chaos.

To be fair to the Greens however, you could pick apart any other minority party's manifesto in similar fashion.

UKIP's core policy is to leave the EU. Other than that its 'oh s*** you actually want us to govern the country? We're a one-policy party don't you know?'

The rise of the SNP party in Scotland is hilarious as they suddenly found themselves in the actual position of being able to demand what they've wanted for decades, a referendum on Scottish independence, but they didn't have the policies to back it up, as they'd never thought in a million years they'd get to that point.

"oh, er, Alex, we need to think about a plausible currency option if we achieve independence"

Alex Salmond: "oh s***, we don't have time to think of that, just say we'll keep the pound."

"what?"

AS: "keep the pound"

"So you want us to argue we should be independent, but keep us economically tied to England, but whereas before we could actually vote on currency policy, we wouldn't be able to do that anymore?"

AS: "oh f*** that sounds sh**, oh well, no time, just argue it and try and spin it to sound convincing"

It also seems to be the same type of answers from all the parties at the moment ( less so the Tories)

It really does seem there is no one electable ( I know people always say that, but it doesn't look pretty)

It also seems to be the same type of answers from all the parties at the moment ( less so the Tories)

It really does seem there is no one electable ( I know people always say that, but it doesn't look pretty)

The Greens ideas are good but they would be short by £180 billion a year to implement it. Bonkers for it to be in the manifesto. I would go as far as to say that they would destroy this country economically very quickly.

It also looks like the radical left coalition of Syriza is about to win the Greek election. Taking over from a right wing government.

Evidence that we live in a time of polarised opinions with no where near enough middle ground.

It also looks like the radical left coalition of Syriza is about to win the Greek election. Taking over from a right wing government.

Evidence that we live in a time of polarised opinions with no where near enough middle ground.

Yeah, Greece showing again they are happy to eat the cake - but don't want to pay for the ingredients or do the washing up

I hate that c**t Andrew Neil. If she'd have spat in his face and kicked him up the b0ll0cks, I'd vote for the greens 100%.

Worth reading this guys TL for the Greece situation.

[tweet]559404911893700608[/tweet]

[tweet]559405337045114880[/tweet]

And he goes on to make 20 points, very interesting.

[tweet]559405936411172865[/tweet]

[tweet]559406154036826112[/tweet]

[tweet]559406389433745409[/tweet]

And he goes on.

Spain are the next country likely to vote in a left-wing party, in Podemos. If Greece is anything to go by, then outsiders trying to intimidate voters with warnings of armageddon will only solidify the anti-austerity vote.

Good luck to them, they are gonna need it.

Back