• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

BOOM. The phenomenan of 'white flight'. You're totally right. This is why large-scale immigration does not work. This is a totally non-fact based estimate (BTW) but i'd honestly say if you took any sample of any group of humans, about 60-80% would not want to mix with anyone different. About another 30-15% would do so, but might find it difficult. The rest are those that actively embrace differences.

It even goes down to friends level. I have a small circle of friends, who share my interests, I feel comfortable with and get on with. The more different someone is to you the more awkward you generally feel around them.

All over the country there is proof that large-scale immigration does not work. Integration of a large number of people of a different background in the same area with a much larger number of people that already live there will take decades, or even maybe prove to be impossible.
I doubt your estimated figures and your claim that all over the country there is proof that immigration does not work. I think that luckily we live in a largely tolerant and culturally integrated country. To lend any weight to your argument, I think that you are going to need to find something more than your opinions and guesses to back it up.

I doubt your estimated figures and your claim that all over the country there is proof that immigration does not work. I think that luckily we live in a largely tolerant and culturally integrated country. To lend any weight to your argument, I think that you are going to need to find something more than your opinions and guesses to back it up.

Class come into immigration too.

I would imagine Mr White British Millionaire living in Kensington would have no problem with the Kuwait Ambassador moving in next door, but Mr Tilbury Docker has massive problem with Polish Plumber moving in to the flat upstairs. That's said with a firm tongue in cheek.

I think some levels of tolerance comes from unconsciousness, in that I mean the suburban Londoner working or traveling in London accepts a multicultural surrounding because you assume they are tourists or you know naturally that if they are your colleagues they are working and that fulfils the doubt in your head, but when the same suburban Londoner returns to their suburban town to find the level of immigrants high that unconsciousness is lost and it becomes visible to the person and they find it harder to compute. That of course is a theory and massive generalisation but I see it where I live, in fact the train journey to and from work for 15 years he hugely changed because of it, when you listen and observe people actions or comments, it isn't the world I lived in 15 years ago and its hugely noticeable

Change to the debates, yawn. I don't give a **** what Plaid Cymru or the SNP have to say, they don't run candidates in this country let alone my constituency. It's a joke to have these parties in the national debates.

There needs to be some long term rules for debates over who is eligible. You must run candidates in a minimum of 500 constituencies, and have either 15+ MPs or be polling at 20% consistently. Those numbers are up for debate but there needs to be some consistency.

Change to the debates, yawn. I don't give a **** what Plaid Cymru or the SNP have to say, they don't run candidates in this country let alone my constituency. It's a joke to have these parties in the national debates. Let them debate in the countries they run candidates.

There needs to be some long term rules for debates over who is eligible. You must run candidates in a minimum of 500 constituencies, and have either 15+ MPs or be polling at 20% consistently. Those numbers are up for debate but there needs to be some consistency.

Change to the debates, yawn. I don't give a **** what Plaid Cymru or the SNP have to say, they don't run candidates in this country let alone my constituency. It's a joke to have these parties in the national debates. Let them debate in the countries they run candidates.

If we're including parties with their deposits at threat like UKIP then we need to include the rest.

Personally I don't think the Lib Dems should have qualified last time and I'm not entirely sure they should now.

They plan to do a debate with all the parties and then another debate between Milliband and Cameron.

Clegg isn't happy about the latter, as he thinks he should be there. I don't think he realises that nobody cares what he thinks.

TV researcher bloke: "The lib dems might not turn up for the debate!"
TV exec: "And?"

You doubt my estimated figures? That's good, because I totally plucked them out of nothing as I said in my post.

Large scale immigration doesn't work and you want evidence for this?

What about the riots in Bradford, Blackburn, London, all over the country, Trojan horse, home grown terrorism, 7/7, rise of the right, unsustainable population growth, housing shortages, food shortages, power shortages, the fact that if you go to anywhere that had a large influx of immigrants of a similar background, like bradford, Birmingham, leicester, Brixton, tower hamlets, they are all still there huddled together in their own little areas, speaking their own language, not doing well at school, wearing their own clothes, not mixing whatsoever.

We live in an integrated society? Where do you live? I hope it's better than where I live. Where I live, it's like two different worlds next to each other, ignoring the other and hoping the other will go away and occasionally when they realise they won't go away all he'll breaks lose and half the place ends up on fire. But oh no you sit there on your liberal high horse pretending everything's ok and we can totally ignore millions of years of genetics and evolution.

You doubt my estimated figures? That's good, because I totally plucked them out of nothing as I said in my post.

What about the riots in Bradford, Blackburn, London, all over the country, Trojan horse, home grown terrorism, 7/7, rise of the right, unsustainable population growth, housing shortages, food shortages, power shortages, the fact that if you go to anywhere that had a large influx of immigrants of a similar background, like bradford, Birmingham, leicester, Brixton, tower hamlets, they are all still there huddled together in their own little areas, speaking their own language, not doing well at school, wearing their own clothes, not mixing whatsoever.

We live in an integrated society? Where do you live? I hope it's better than where I live. Where I live, it's like two different worlds next to each other, ignoring the other and hoping the other will go away and occasionally when they realise they won't go away all he'll breaks lose and half the place ends up on fire. But oh no you sit there on your liberal high horse pretending everything's ok and we can totally ignore millions of years of genetics and evolution.

My house is pretty integrated. I'm white British, my mrs is black Kenyan, and our daughter is mixed race British.I am now a minority in my own house. This country has gone to the dogs... :)

If we're including parties with their deposits at threat like UKIP then we need to include the rest.

Personally I don't think the Lib Dems should have qualified last time and I'm not entirely sure they should now.

UKIP won't keep every deposit, but they'll keep more than the Lib Dems and Greens IMO. If you think the debates should be only between Conservatives and Labour then fair enough, but it's possible they won't even get 60% combined.

UKIP won't keep every deposit, but they'll keep more than the Lib Dems and Greens IMO. If you think the debates should be only between Conservatives and Labour then fair enough, but it's possible they won't even get 60% combined.

"Ignore millions of years of genetics and evolution." WTF?

They plan to do a debate with all the parties and then another debate between Milliband and Cameron.

Clegg isn't happy about the latter, as he thinks he should be there. I don't think he realises that nobody cares what he thinks.

TV researcher bloke: "The lib dems might not turn up for the debate!"
TV exec: "And?"
He can make the tea for Cameron - it's what he's been doing for the length of this parliament anyway.

A little off topic but the gloomy feks on here need to understand the bold bit. I would say possibly the most tolerant and integrated country in the world. It is a good place to live.

What have the Lib Dems actually achieved from this coalition? honest question.. have they had any small wins?

I think the increases on personal allowances were theirs. They managed to get people to talk about (and then give a big two fingers to) proportional representation.

Back