• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

It should have been built in the 80s, like France and Japan. But with autonomous vehicles, the age of hub transport is now ending. Everything in the future will be door-to-door.
It's also mental how every country has double decker trains as normal and we still can't because of 200 year old tunnels etc.

Who is the Farage party? Reform. I think he is buggering off to America, thanks be the fudge.
Yeah, couldn't remember the name.
Believe it when I see it, to me he is only saying that to provoke a "don't go, we need you" from the idiots that see him as some kind of Leader in waiting.

Yeah, couldn't remember the name.
Believe it when I see it, to me he is only saying that to provoke a "don't go, we need you" from the idiots that see him as some kind of Leader in waiting.

The seat by seat analysis suggests Reform won't win anything. They have 10% of the vote nationally but not enough in anyone seat.

Farage doesn't want to be an 8 times loser wannabe MP so he will stay clear to allow him to remain the unsullied Messiah (and also allow him to keep raking in cash for his bile on GB News) that would have made a difference if only the 'elites' had allowed it somehow.

The seat by seat analysis suggests Reform won't win anything. They have 10% of the vote nationally but not enough in anyone seat.

Farage doesn't want to be an 8 times loser wannabe MP so he will stay clear to allow him to remain the unsullied Messiah (and also allow him to keep raking in cash for his bile on GB News) that would have made a difference if only the 'elites' had allowed it somehow.
It's hypothetical of course, but for the tories to not be the second biggest party someone has to be.
The list of alternatives isn't exactly appealing.

Yes connectivity is important, it's called the internet.
No-one really needs to get around like they used to.
We still have a rail network, that can just be run better.
Do I need to get to Birmingham or Manchester 20-40mins quicker. No. As long as the train has a solid internet connection...I can count all the time as productive minutes. Or time to switch off.

They need to look at people and workplace behaviours as it's not trending towards city centers connected by trains.
(and this will be more stark by the time the effing thing gets finished)

Now I can get behind more freight on the train network to get wagons off the roads.

Maybe not as much as before but we'll see in 20 years what the long term impacts will be off people cutting themselves off from society. Yep plenty can be done remotely and it opens people up to more jobs but face to face contact is good and healthy. It's hard to train people up remotely and I know people moving jobs have found it hard to integrate because they can't meet their colleagues.

Plus there's general social mobility to consider, investment in regions outside London would all be helped with greater connectivity.

The UK is also small, it shouldn't be that hard to build one out.

Maybe not as much as before but we'll see in 20 years what the long term impacts will be off people cutting themselves off from society. Yep plenty can be done remotely and it opens people up to more jobs but face to face contact is good and healthy. It's hard to train people up remotely and I know people moving jobs have found it hard to integrate because they can't meet their colleagues.

Plus there's general social mobility to consider, investment in regions outside London would all be helped with greater connectivity.

The UK is also small, it shouldn't be that hard to build one out.
I think greater rail links to London would probably draw money out if the regions to London.

The green lot will get in a fizz, but we flew up to Manchester from Gatwick. Should be more short haul domestic flights.

Genuinely curious, how come? What's so bad about them at a general election (Swinson aside).
They are gnaw to the bone neo-libs (its no coincidence Liz Truss came from them), but they dress in disarming cuddly clothes. At least Tories don't try to hide their evil

Back