• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

It's an absolute abomination of a video.
bleach-eyes.gif

yeh but Suella does it purposely to appeal to the right of the party, as there's plenty of fudgewits in there that think it, but wont' say it.

They can happily sit back and let a brown face say it. awful.

Absolutely hateful person. I thought Priti Patel was bad enough, but Braverman is even more dangerous in the rhetoric she uses.
I never thought that the next "Enoch Powell" would be a person of colour. What it demonstrates though, in case anyone thought otherwise, is that discrimination and bigotry is colourless, creedless and not limited to any particular gender. Just to be clear, it's fine to have concerns about immigration but it's the crass, racist and frankly misleading way she speaks on the topic which is unhelpful and dangerous.

What I am sure about, is that Braverman will be doing Sunak and his Conservatives no favours in the polls. It is also a measure of his weakness that he does not sack her.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Some of the divisive language at that conference....wow wee.

That Bravermann or whatever her name is, what a massive horrible cnut

Whilst I do agree, there is some delightful irony in calling someone out for using divisive language and then promptly calling them a clam :D

All the speeches I've seen from the conference are pretty unhinged as expected, Penny Mordaunt's repeated rallying cry of "stand and fight" is quite something...Oh to have people in power that you could respect rather than an oligarch prime minister and the dregs that can only work up mouth breathers to distract them from the ongoing shambles.

The UKIPisation of the party is nearly complete. There are no senior socially liberal conservatives left, just the hard right so no doubt he feels right at home in this company. This is one of the (many) reasons they are bleeding votes. It is a mirror image of what is happening in the states.

+ @Baleforce
A lot of the political podcasts i listen to have called this out (really recommend the News Agents pod).

They all say the same, post-election loss, the Tories will shift further to the right (given their manifesto is already the same as 2015 UKIP), with all liklihood Suella taking over (as a British Asian, i genuinely shudder at the thought). Every chance Farage rejoins the Tory party now it's in his own image. Almost certainly elected on the Tory ticket somewhere.

Now the question is, what happens after. Hopefully the Tory party soon realise their folly and lose even more, and some sensible folks come back in and move back to the centre. Really sad state of affairs this will all likely happen. Bookmark this post.

It's going to be interesting (or worrying) to see where this current Tory path takes them.

It's pretty nailed on that this incarnation is going to be their offering for the next general election....so how much support will it garner?

I live in hope that we, this side of the pond, avoid sinking into a brick show of conflict and divisiveness and plain old BS that has engulfed the political arena over in the States.

Usually parties can have these mad moments and eventually the reality of a move back to the centre to get anywhere close to being (re)elected is realised. But of course, that is on us.

Last edited:
It's going to be interesting (or worrying) to see where this current Tory path takes them.

It's pretty nailed on that this incarnation is going to be their offering for the next general election....so how much support will it garner?

I live in hope that we, this side of the pond, avoid sinking into a brick show of conflict and divisiveness and plain old BS that has engulfed the political arena over in the States.

Usually parties can have these mad moments and eventually the reality of a move back to the centre to get anywhere close to being (re)elected is realised.
The only salvation for the conservatives, if there is one, is utter annihilation at the next election as strange as that sounds. The electorate must utterly reject the path they are on, and this must trigger a radical mindset change to purge the party of the extreme members who are now driving core policy. Sunak will do nothing meaningful as he is only there to enrich himself and has as much backbone as a jellyfish. He is just the next on a growing list of abysmal leaders. Thankfully the UK electorate is not as far gone as their US brethren and will pull back from giving them power again. Some of the worst elements will be ejected by the electorate, but the rest must be pushed back to the fringe by more moderate voices.
Will this happen? No, would be my read as there is not a critical mass of sane politicians left in the party.

The UK needs PR. Simple as.

The only salvation for the conservatives, if there is one, is utter annihilation at the next election as strange as that sounds. The electorate must utterly reject the path they are on, and this must trigger a radical mindset change to purge the party of the extreme members who are now driving core policy. Sunak will do nothing meaningful as he is only there to enrich himself and has as much backbone as a jellyfish. He is just the next on a growing list of abysmal leaders. Thankfully the UK electorate is not as far gone as their US brethren and will pull back from giving them power again. Some of the worst elements will be ejected by the electorate, but the rest must be pushed back to the fringe by more moderate voices.
Will this happen? No, would be my read as there is not a critical mass of sane politicians left in the party.

The UK needs PR. Simple as.

the kicking will force them further to the right

and I think there are a lot of people out there who will respond to that

the kicking will force them further to the right

and I think there are a lot of people out there who will respond to that
Yes, I think you are probably right on this, but they will wither and die there as a political force. The base they are aiming for is 30% max and dwindling IMHO which is not enough in FPTP.

Watching most politicians now is like viewing a teenager raving on social media and interviews are very "Partridgian"

never voted for the Torys and still never would, But i have never seen a time when the main two partys have been so full of arseholes and wasters then they do now. They are all a joke and there is not one of them with a personality that would inspire hope.

I think both Conservatives and Labour have lost touch with their traditional voters in their desperation to catch the floating voters with short term, quick fix policies. Politicians have proved to be untrustworthy or incompetent in the last few years and most people take little interest in politics until something makes the news. Brexit demonstrated the population haven't a clue what they are voting for.

I think both Conservatives and Labour have lost touch with their traditional voters in their desperation to catch the floating voters with short term, quick fix policies. Politicians have proved to be untrustworthy or incompetent in the last few years and most people take little interest in politics until something makes the news. Brexit demonstrated the population haven't a clue what they are voting for.

that's because the traditional voters don't exist anymore

Back