• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

You see this is why I get frustrated trying to discuss these things with you, it's like trying to play chess with a pigeon.

I'll try one last time.

I don't want to force anyone to work overtime. I don't think that's a complex statement to understand. Please let me know if that phrasing isn't simplified enough.

I have plenty of unskilled labour that don't want to work overtime and that's not an issue at all. All I want is to only train and promote those that will work overtime. Those who won't can continue working as unskilled labour. Otherwise, when demand fluctuates, I end up paying skilled staff to do the work of unskilled staff for 90+% of their time.

I really don't think that's a hard concept to grasp - I even laid it out for you with some really simple numbers. Surely the owner of a £4m turnover business can understand simple economics and labour controls?

I don't really want to get into how you run things. But it seems to me your challange is the pool of skilled people is not big enough for peek production periods. What's wrong with training more 'unskilled' people and have them ready for the peek times? They could only be paid extra when there is the higher value work available.

Was driving back and the radio mentioned Video Games Tax Relief. I was wondering how can the UK tax man give tax relief if we apparently can not give tax breaks by sector while in the EU? Or is it only some sectors where we can't adjust taxation?

You see this is why I get frustrated trying to discuss these things with you, it's like trying to play chess with a pigeon.

I'll try one last time.

I don't want to force anyone to work overtime. I don't think that's a complex statement to understand. Please let me know if that phrasing isn't simplified enough.

I have plenty of unskilled labour that don't want to work overtime and that's not an issue at all. All I want is to only train and promote those that will work overtime. Those who won't can continue working as unskilled labour. Otherwise, when demand fluctuates, I end up paying skilled staff to do the work of unskilled staff for 90+% of their time.

I really don't think that's a hard concept to grasp - I even laid it out for you with some really simple numbers. Surely the owner of a £4m turnover business can understand simple economics and labour controls?
Increased hours don't equal increased output though.
Good investment and upskilling smart people is good human resource management.
Surely you would want increased skill and output for no overtime, that's an efficiency increase.

I think if you look into it you will find that in recent general elections, the Lib/Lab/Con parties have all been fined for overspending. It's actually a common occurrence but unlike in parliamentary or local elections, overspending does not invalidate a referendum result under any circumstances. The courts cannot order a rerun.....

If we look at the total spend without bias, of both Remain and Leave, we will have to acknowledge that all the financial advantages were with Remain...

Leave £13m...
Remain £19...

The £6m advantage for the Remain cause was due to the extra funding ploughed into the main political parties by one donor, Lord Sainsbury. He gave the Lib/Lab/Con Remain fund more than £6m...These Remain politicians were then aided in their campaigning by civil servants, who incidentally were barred from helping Leave politicians in their campaigning.

Also there's the £9.3m (tax payers money) of the government leafleting to every household in the UK the Remainers never wish to acknowledge.

The total spent is then:
Leave £13m
Remain £28m

Even if all that is alleged against Vote Leave is true, it is clear that this did not create an unfair playing field. Both sides in the Referendum exploited loopholes to maximise how much they could spend. The Remain side had the advantage of having the government machine – and £9.3 million of public funds on clear campaign literature on its side. If the referendum was unbalanced, the advantage was with Remain – and yet it still lost.

And how much was Russia's help worth?

We are staying in, that has been clear for a couple of years.

But how will British politics play out over the next couple of years. When the kids who have rushed to remain and Corbyn(I am corbyn myself) get fed up and fall away. Do people not think that those of us who have been betrayed by the current politicians not think we will have our revenge. The will come a point when we will deliver a bigger shock the Brexit ever was.

A lot of people I know have already been talking about where they will vote in the future, I dont know if it will be the next election or the one after. Because I imagine Corbyn will get in next time and I can see a lot of UKIPers and a lot of tories then going to a new right wing party in the one after when you would expect a left wing vote to go down after a term in government.

I am pretty sure we have just set ourselves up for a bigger shock then any of the remoaners thought possible. I am already looking into being a fundraiser for a new party to take us out of the EU. I will work as hard as I can to help free my country to be able to truly run itself. Something our cuckold MP's dont want to do. Time to get new MP's and time for a new type of politics.

Is sad what happened, we won the battle but lost the war. So we start again, and I will give money and time, to help us in this country that believe in democracy. Not sure how long it will take but lets give these fascist bastards a far bigger shock then brexit.

I think if you look into it you will find that in recent general elections, the Lib/Lab/Con parties have all been fined for overspending. It's actually a common occurrence but unlike in parliamentary or local elections, overspending does not invalidate a referendum result under any circumstances. The courts cannot order a rerun.....

If we look at the total spend without bias, of both Remain and Leave, we will have to acknowledge that all the financial advantages were with Remain...

Leave £13m...
Remain £19...

The £6m advantage for the Remain cause was due to the extra funding ploughed into the main political parties by one donor, Lord Sainsbury. He gave the Lib/Lab/Con Remain fund more than £6m...These Remain politicians were then aided in their campaigning by civil servants, who incidentally were barred from helping Leave politicians in their campaigning.

Also there's the £9.3m (tax payers money) of the government leafleting to every household in the UK the Remainers never wish to acknowledge.

The total spent is then:
Leave £13m
Remain £28m

Even if all that is alleged against Vote Leave is true, it is clear that this did not create an unfair playing field. Both sides in the Referendum exploited loopholes to maximise how much they could spend. The Remain side had the advantage of having the government machine – and £9.3 million of public funds on clear campaign literature on its side. If the referendum was unbalanced, the advantage was with Remain – and yet it still lost.

I only have one issue with that,

how do we calculate the propaganda that the BBC put out in their biased reporting. Obviously I know how much my license fee costs, but still.

I see veggie burgers have now been banned as well, renamed to veggie discs - I had to lol when I saw that.

Borders are evaporating, and in the circles that matter they mean nothing anyway, and this will continue. Borders are only a way to corral the masses. This is the way the elite of the species has chosen to progress whether you like it or not, but once the climate gets totally out of fudging control in the next few years then all this petty posturing about parliamentary rules and who is aligned with who will seem like rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. fudge all that.

Brought to you by Pinot Noir.

We are staying in, that has been clear for a couple of years.

But how will British politics play out over the next couple of years. When the kids who have rushed to remain and Corbyn(I am corbyn myself) get fed up and fall away. Do people not think that those of us who have been betrayed by the current politicians not think we will have our revenge. The will come a point when we will deliver a bigger shock the Brexit ever was.

A lot of people I know have already been talking about where they will vote in the future, I dont know if it will be the next election or the one after. Because I imagine Corbyn will get in next time and I can see a lot of UKIPers and a lot of tories then going to a new right wing party in the one after when you would expect a left wing vote to go down after a term in government.

I am pretty sure we have just set ourselves up for a bigger shock then any of the remoaners thought possible. I am already looking into being a fundraiser for a new party to take us out of the EU. I will work as hard as I can to help free my country to be able to truly run itself. Something our cuckold MP's dont want to do. Time to get new MP's and time for a new type of politics.

Is sad what happened, we won the battle but lost the war. So we start again, and I will give money and time, to help us in this country that believe in democracy. Not sure how long it will take but lets give these fascist bastards a far bigger shock then brexit.

Don't threaten us with the far right. This country's best moment came with us standing up to the far right Nazi's. Something I'm very proud one of my grandads contributed to despite being a member of a British colony. F uck the far right . We will take it to them on the streets if necessary, cable st once again, I will be there.

Borders are evaporating, and in the circles that matter they mean nothing anyway, and this will continue. Borders are only a way to corral the masses. This is the way the elite of the species has chosen to progress whether you like it or not, but once the climate gets totally out of fudging control in the next few years then all this petty posturing about parliamentary rules and who is aligned with who will seem like rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. fudge all that.

bought to you by Pinot Noir.
Spot on. Brexit?trump/far right in Hungary/China will all mean bugger all when the climate veers off course and it all goes Mad Max on us.

I'm not optimistic.

China is the key, and bizarrely their authoritarianism might save us.
Even thought they are investing heavily in wind/solar energy, according to many scientists it won't be the decisive difference maker in which direction the climate goes. I just hope Spurs win the league before the world ends (it would be typical if we were running away with it and the world ended).

Increased hours don't equal increased output though.
Good investment and upskilling smart people is good human resource management.
Surely you would want increased skill and output for no overtime, that's an efficiency increase.
Not in this case. There's a lot of unskilled labour involved in our factories - there's literally no advantage but lots of cost involved in upskilling those people.

I did show, with some rough numbers, why simply overskilling everyone wouldn't work and why it would be prohibitively expensive. At a certain level of skill and intelligence, it's worth adding skill just for the sake of it, as the employees will add value across the board. At the end of the wage scale I'm often dealing with, it's just throwing away money.

Cheers. I appreciate you posts and read all of them. Quoting parts of them. Hopefully you spare me the same dignity.

Listen if Brexit was a great success or if someone could outline why it might be, I'd hold my hands up, and say I got it wrong. And I'd be happy to be wrong. Sadly people can't seem to outline the postives of Brexit really can they. And it does not look like it will address things like immigration plus it will probably damage the economy, which means you have to ask, what is the point? Does it have any substance at all. And have we been miss sold and miss represented here?

MPs are not trying to screw up the UK, they are trying to protect it. Try not to feel like its some conspiricy, because Brexit is highly complex and is neigh on impposible to deliver, that is the truth. Had May's deal been passed, it was just the beggining of the exit process. Not an end at all. I know it goes against your world view but the people who made assertions about Brexit that are turning out to be not true, are not worth trusting. If they said yesterday that negotiating with the EU would be easy, and it wasn't, why would you trust when they say 'Brexit won't hurt the economy''? I wish you a nice weekend and roll on Tuesday, appropraitely a European game played with another UK side :)

This.

I have yet to read a single logical and cohesive argument as to why Brexit will prove beneficial for the British people. It was a bill of falsehoods sold by a group of charlatans all of whom will be absolutely rolling in it whatever happens, leaving the proletariat to take the big hit. I have seen Brexiteers talking about the importance of "democracy'...one of the most important aspects of true democracy is knowledge. The people proposing whatever is up for vote need to be knowledgeable and the people voting need to be keyed in and clued up (with the time to assimilate enough information to make an informed choice). Where was the "democracy" in how Brexit came about? Cameron's PATHETIC attempt to wrangle control of his own party used the British people . Seriously, what competent leader could not have handled the "UKIP threat"? Madness and arrogance of the highest order. There was little to no knowledge laid out there when the referendum was pitched. Because nobody knew what they were asking for. It was either "in" or "out" and a lobotomized chimp could've told you that the situation was never ever EVER going to be that simple. There are still swathes of the country which think that a hard-Brexit would mean 'boom, that's it, we're out and that's the end of it' not even recognizing the legal battles which would come and the myriad of issues to sort out still.

I think a hard Brexit would result in the UK being the 51st US state within a decade. They would become our major trading partners, NATO would be fudged and the US hates NATO. They'd hold us over a barrel to offer even more support in exchange for even more harboring of their military for "protection" of course. They would charge us higher drug prices for our NHS. It would not end very well at all IMO if Brexit happens.

Don't threaten us with the far right. This country's best moment came with us standing up to the far right Nazi's. Something I'm very proud one of my grandads contributed to despite being a member of a British colony. F uck the far right . We will take it to them on the streets if necessary, cable st once again, I will be there.

Not far right. Just right.

Also you mention violence, which is rather childish but also illegal. If you don't like what other parties say that is your business. But everyone has the right to a political party and I only mentioned right not far right.

But it shows you lot up for what you are spoilt brats who are only happy if you get your own way all the time.

I had the misfortune to read your post when not logged in as when logged in your blocked, I took you off ignore to reply.

I mentioned we would have a bigger shock then brexit and you straight away resort to the threat of violence.

I shall bookmark your post and keep for a later date should the authorities need help rounding up trouble makers.

I suggest you take some time to think about your words chap.

I don't really want to get into how you run things. But it seems to me your challange is the pool of skilled people is not big enough for peek production periods. What's wrong with training more 'unskilled' people and have them ready for the peek times? They could only be paid extra when there is the higher value work available.
So skilled staff would work for the same wage as temps and flex staff on minimum wage? Please tell me where you find these people, I'll employ a factory full of them. Yet again, your glib, unrealistic responses show that you do not face these real world challenges that others do. I can only assume your line of work is a niche market with little or no competition, because any company operating on the "just go back to the magic money tree" methods you often suggest would fail in months in any other industry.

Was driving back and the radio mentioned Video Games Tax Relief. I was wondering how can the UK tax man give tax relief if we apparently can not give tax breaks by sector while in the EU? Or is it only some sectors where we can't adjust taxation?
You'll have to ask why the EC doesn'tcare - I'd imagine it's because the tax setup is in competition with someone else, like the US rather than the EU. As you love pointing out though, people (for historical reasons that are diminishing) tend to trade with their neighbours. The flip side to this is that people's neighbours tend to be their biggest competition.

The EC has made it abundantly clear that any attempts to use taxation to compete against other EU countries is completely banned and will not be accepted.

Not far right. Just right.

Also you mention violence, which is rather childish but also illegal. If you don't like what other parties say that is your business. But everyone has the right to a political party and I only mentioned right not far right.

But it shows you lot up for what you are spoilt brats who are only happy if you get your own way all the time.

I had the misfortune to read your post when not logged in as when logged in your blocked, I took you off ignore to reply.

I mentioned we would have a bigger shock then brexit and you straight away resort to the threat of violence.

I shall bookmark your post and keep for a later date should the authorities need help rounding up trouble makers.

I suggest you take some time to think about your words chap.

Threat of violence to who? Fascists? Are you one of them? Then why the melodrama?

You should be offering to stand up to fascists with me you Muppet (said with lashings of custard).

Do you know about Cable street old Chap? Another proud moment in our history.

I will stand up to facism by any means necessary. Feel free to report that to the authorities or Tommy Robinson if that's your speed.

Last edited:
Even thought they are investing heavily in wind/solar energy, according to many scientists it won't be the decisive difference maker in which direction the climate goes. I just hope Spurs win the league before the world ends (it would be typical if we were running away with it and the world ended).
If there is to be a difference maker it needs to be all of us, every country, but China most of all. Their belt and road initiative on its own will chuck up massive amounts of carbon because of all the cement being used. There will be more concrete poured during the construction of this initiative than all concrete poured by the United States during the entire 20th century. Being an authoritarian dictator though does have its advantages in this regards. Xi Jinping can make unilateral decisions overnight that would take an age to get through the bureaucracy of a liberal democracy. A temperature increase is now already locked into the climate cycle. We cannot avoid it no matter what we do now, but if China doesn't change tack then we're fudged. If would also help if that orange buffoon wasn't running things in the states too.

Last edited:
Back