• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62629776

The next problem for the government

....at first I was thinking 'barristers moaning about pay...do me a favour' but some interesting detail in the article.

Case backlog is going to be off the charts.
And everyone deserves fair and decent legal representation regardless of their situation.

Bloody barristers - nothing but left-wing firebrands.

i cant get my head round it. James O'Brian alluded to this yesterday i think. The Tory voters happy clapping at the hustings, just like... why? Things are pretty remarkably brick everywhere, cost of living, energy bills, sewage, strikes... and then you see them cheering and happy clapping for more of this with a likely winner in the PM race being part and parcel of this. What on earth are they watching/reading (rhetorical).

Just blows my mind.

i cant get my head round it. James O'Brian alluded to this yesterday i think. The Tory voters happy clapping at the hustings, just like... why? Things are pretty remarkably brick everywhere, cost of living, energy bills, sewage, strikes... and then you see them cheering and happy clapping for more of this with a likely winner in the PM race being part and parcel of this. What on earth are they watching/reading (rhetorical).

Just blows my mind.
Cost of living and energy prices are beyond any govt in the short term.

Is sewage really an issue anyone's talking about? You'll have to point me towards problems if there are any.

Strikes are definitely an issue. So the question becomes whether you'd want to vote in a party that is beholden to those extortionists for their funding or one that plans to decrease their ability to do so.

think it's unfair to include the BBC.

The BBC is so afraid of further cuts to their budget they have become afraid to ask tough questions of the government. Their coverage of the pandemic essentially involved them parroting the government line, and they are terrified of mentioning the negative impact of Brexit.

The fact that the Director General is so closely tied up with the Conservative Party (having stood as a councillor for them, having served as deputy chair of a London branch, and being a personal friend of Johnson’s) doesn’t help.

The BBC is so afraid of further cuts to their budget they have become afraid to ask tough questions of the government. Their coverage of the pandemic essentially involved them parroting the government line, and they are terrified of mentioning the negative impact of Brexit.

The fact that the Director General is so closely tied up with the Conservative Party (having stood as a councillor for them, having served as deputy chair of a London branch, and being a personal friend of Johnson’s) doesn’t help.
Spot on. I've barely read the BBC website for years now as they have been cowed into submission by successive Tory governments. . The UK needs the BBC to be an arbiter of truth in these polarised times and it is not. What has happened to it is just another step toward the Orbanisation of the UK media landscape and a damn shame too

Raw effluent is being pumped into previously pristine streams. It's your environment and the Tories are trashing it, so their spiv business mates can turn a profit. Be proud!

Reactions: DTA
Cost of living and energy prices are beyond any govt in the short term.

Is sewage really an issue anyone's talking about? You'll have to point me towards problems if there are any.

Strikes are definitely an issue. So the question becomes whether you'd want to vote in a party that is beholden to those extortionists for their funding or one that plans to decrease their ability to do so.
The French and German governments adore doing much better in handling the cost of living and energy crises, even though Germany is much more directly impacted by the war in the Ukraine compared to the uk.

a good start would be getting rid of the parasitic free loaders who run the utility companies, and renationalising them. That and cracking down on tax avoidance and tax evasion.

I’m not worried about strikers who are underpaid and haven’t had a pay rise in real terms for years. I’m more worried about the Uber rich who are grossly overpaid, receive pay rises and.bonuses regardless of performance and continue to exploit our economy and our country while not paying their fair share. It’s time put systems in place to implement a fairer distribution of wealth in this country

Last edited:

Just blows my mind.

Problem is most sites are behind a paywall now and casual readers aren't going to pay for news so instead they get it from social media, I'd guess most people follow those with similar views so it just becomes an echo chamber.

Just blows my mind.

It's partisan isn't it. Like most Spurs fans rallying behind the initial appointment of Christian Gross or Tim Sherwood.

Give it a few weeks though when the polls/by-elections start to show how completely unelectable Queenie is

It's partisan isn't it. Like most Spurs fans rallying behind the initial appointment of Christian Gross or Tim Sherwood.

Give it a few weeks though when the polls/by-elections start to show how completely unelectable Queenie is

Never underestimate the stupidity of people.

sl8-1592401472629.jpg

Back