• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

i like Starmer, but in some cases, even recently, he's been found wanting. I joined the Labour Party recently, not for him, but to join the cause of getting them back in power.

I worry about the idiots who feed off the Mail and GB News, very likely to swallow the brick this Govt feeds them and clap them back into power.

i like Starmer, but in some cases, even recently, he's been found wanting. I joined the Labour Party recently, not for him, but to join the cause of getting them back in power.

I worry about the idiots who feed off the Mail and GB News, very likely to swallow the brick this Govt feeds them and clap them back into power.

Surely what’s about to come over the next 12-18 months will sway them to oust the current shambles .

The irony is, there is a massive vote winning opportunity here. When big, front page issues affect the masses, and those issues are ones that should be unthinkable in 2022 Great Britain ie essentials to quality of living, it needs a plan, a rethink, an holistic overview that can pinpoint where we want to be in 10 years.

The argument against is people are fearful it will be a money pit, full of inefficiencies, waste and overspending (akin to the accusations aimed at the NHS). And the quality of politicians in recent times goes no way to eleviating that outlook.

Water, power and food...are the essentials to basic quality of life. Ideally I'd nationalise the lot. (Food...ie big farms). They (Gov) need a reality check on what is important. The sums spent (wasted) in the last few years, on various projects, is staggering. (Eg. F.ck HS2..what's the point of getting to Leeds 20mins quicker?)The money always appears to be there (yes, printed), so let's spend it on something with lasting effect.

No-one in the UK should have a hosepipe ban. Rainwater needs distributing.
No sewage should be discharged into rivers and the sea...build capacity to deal with it.
All sewage should be UV treated.
The energy situation should be seen as great opportunity to move full steam ahead to renewables.
We should increase food production in our own country. Is it not greener/fresher to grow 'locally?' It's not necessary to have NZ lamb or mange tout flown in from Kenya.

We don't need control of everything, just the basic needs of everyone that lives here. And if it's the government that supply/run those basic needs they'll be accountable for 'failing to provide basic needs' at the ballot box, rather than rely on some toothless watchdog to keep private companies in check.
If I could like this a million times I would!

Some good news at last: Venezuela have announced that they are to hold a 24 hour telethon called BritAid, with all proceeds going to help UK residents pay their winter fuel bills.

Water being privatized is dumb, I only have the choice of one supplier anyway. None of them have built a single reservoir and they're hardly repairing any pipes. To be fair Ofwat are a big problem, their targets for fixing leaks are pathetic.

Water should not be a commodity that is used to generate profits at the expense of a reliable supply for consumption and industry. Companies should not be allowed to post dividends and at the same time fail to invest in infrastructure that results in the pollution of our precious water ways. Nationalise water now!

Latest figures on energy bill rises this year:

UK 215%
Italy 77%
Average EU figure: 44%
Germany 23%
France 4%
Has anyone a link drilling down into how and why this variation exists from country to country.

Surely the futures market and it's price for gas is the same starting point for all countries and calculations?

Has anyone a link drilling down into how and why this variation exists from country to country.

Surely the futures market and it's price for gas is the same starting point for all countries and calculations?
A lot is to do with variance in government policies. It also helps if you have a government, which seems to be a missing piece in the case of the UK.

Right wing to left wing spectrum of economics. Our government simply prioritises the interests of big business

What is even more ridiculous is that we are the 2nd biggest gas producer in Europe (after Norway). It's just all being stolen by the hedge funds who currently own our energy industry.

Latest figures on energy bill rises this year:

UK 215%
Italy 77%
Average EU figure: 44%
Germany 23%
France 4%

People and businesses being bled dry, fantastic if you're one of the lizard overlords but not ideal for that ol' thing called society.

Heard a term the other day for the first time which was quite pertinent, cash rich disaster capitalists, referring to the vultures that will inevitably be swooping in on businesses crippled by energy bills are forced in to selling...Whether it's this, covid or Brexit, there's always something fudging it up.

People and businesses being bled dry, fantastic if you're one of the lizard overlords but not ideal for that ol' thing called society.

Heard a term the other day for the first time which was quite pertinent, cash rich disaster capitalists, referring to the vultures that will inevitably be swooping in on businesses crippled by energy bills are forced in to selling...Whether it's this, covid or Brexit, there's always something fudging it up.

Frequently reported that Rees-Mogg is a disaster capitalist, and Shapps has made money in that area too.

Doesn’t take a genius to work out what they’re currently spending their time on and (it certainly isn’t governing).

Frequently reported that Rees-Mogg is a disaster capitalist, and Shapps has made money in that area too.

Doesn’t take a genius to work out what they’re currently spending their time on and (it certainly isn’t governing).
Moggys dad wrote a book on it. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Back