• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Not in steel, food exports or financial services then. Still waiting for the upsides. Maybe I am not being fair, we did sign a trade agreement with Syria.:)

Also bands can tour Lichtenstein without visas now, you neglected to mention that didn't you sunny Jim.

It is almost like you don't believe the people of Lichtenstein deserve to listen to live music. You utter utter bugger.

;):D

Also bands can tour Lichtenstein without visas now, you neglected to mention that didn't you sunny Jim.

It is almost like you don't believe the people of Lichtenstein deserve to listen to live music. You utter utter bugger.

;):D

I only really posted on this, because an esteemed poster messaged me asking if I'd lost my verve. Tbh I have really. The myriad small things we've lost are many, but none that extreme. Just a slow steady undermining of the UK. There will be some upsides, but they are even more subtle! Obtuse free trade agreements that occasionally have an upside over an EU trade agreement, but really nothing significant. The irony of wetherspoons pro-brexit owner emploring the government to allow special visas to let in more workers was funny. Whether a retiree wanting to live in sunny climes, bands touring, cyclists, students wishing to exchange, or those selling cheese, pork, beef, fish etc etc things are much harder. We used to dispatch goods to customers in the EU occasionally. We can't anymore. Customers have to pick up a tab of circa £200 before the goods are released. Some of our competitors were sending things to N Ireland - part of our country - now they have to charge a lot more because of all the paperwork. Then you have rules of origin complexities. But it is all too boring to talk about. So don't think I will bother unless Scara ignites some passion again :)

I only really posted on this, because an estimated poster messaged me asking if I'd lost my verve. Tbh I have really. The myriad small things we've lost are many, but none that extreme. Just a slow steady undermining of the UK. There will be some upsides, but they are even more subtle! Obtuse free trade agreements that occasionally have an upside over an EU trade agreement, but really nothing significant. The irony of wetherspoons pro-brexit owner emploring the government to allow special visas to let in more workers was funny. Whether a retiree wanting to live in sunny climes, bands touring, cyclists, students wishing to exchange, or those selling cheese, pork, beef, fish etc etc things are much harder. We used to dispatch goods to customers in the EU occasionally. We can't anymore. Customers have to pick up a tab of circa £200 before the goods are released. Some of our competitors were sending things to N Ireland - part of our country - now they have to charge a lot more because of all the paperwork. Then you have rules of origin complexities. But it is all too boring to talk about. So don't think I will bother unless Scara ignites some passion again :)

Yeah but good news for the people of Lichtenstein though.:)

Think the aussies will take up the slack with bar jobs. Did not like Earl's court before but will certainly give it a wider berth now.

I liked Corbyns brexit, well till he lost his nerve.

Yeah but good news for the people of Lichtenstein though.:)

Think the aussies will take up the slack with bar jobs. Did not like Earl's court before but will certainly give it a wider berth now.

I liked Corbyns brexit, well till he lost his nerve.

That is the thing, a Corbyn Brexit or even the one trumpeted by Farrage initially (Norway) would have seen almost no change but with a bit more sovereignty. The government trapped itself within an abstract concept - sovereignty. You can't touch it. I doubt anyone can feel it? Who feels more 'sovereign'?

I guess the big one is less EU immigrants. And fair play we will have far less of them. We're yet to see how the economy deals with that, and what will happen with rest of the world immigration - which was the majority of immigration to the UK.

brexit bonus:

Mobile operator EE will charge new customers extra to use their mobile phones in Europe from January.

Those joining or upgrading from 7 July 2021 will be charged £2 a day to use their allowances in 47 European destinations from January 2022.

EE previously said it had no plans to reintroduce roaming charges in Europe.

Thought it was asylum seekers.

The EU is evil, something that united Corbyn to Farage.
It was. Then the narrative was developed to be "the EU".
The premise is the same.

The EU isn't evil, it's the same as any other overly large or powerful organisation - plenty of good, but the brick floats to the top

brexit bonus:

Mobile operator EE will charge new customers extra to use their mobile phones in Europe from January.

Those joining or upgrading from 7 July 2021 will be charged £2 a day to use their allowances in 47 European destinations from January 2022.

EE previously said it had no plans to reintroduce roaming charges in Europe.
Presumably all others will follow, otherwise EE have just cut off a load of new business.
I wonder if they know competitors are going to apply it to existing customers - that's the only reason I can see for making that policy now.

Once the principle of free-roaming goes, it will erode bit by bit. Of course, we were told this would not happen. Another of the Brexit myths busted.
I don't think it will. People will just do what they do in non EU countries - get a local PAYG sim.
So I think the operators will keep it going and target heavy users and business users.

Back